News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

lazyboy97o

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone know how many feet between the finished restaurant and TT?

I don't know the exact footprint of the restaurant, but the yellow line in this image is about 35 feet.

Capture.JPG

donaldtoo

Which is what... 17 and 1/2 people...?

If the yellow line is about 35 ft. long, the closest wall from M:S in that google pic in that area appears to be about 100-105-ish feet from the TT track. And, it sounds like that edfifice is probably gone by now for the restaurant construction...? Should be more than enough room now...?

Marc Davis Fan

Does anyone know if, since this is connected to the Mission: Space building, it will have the backstory that it’s also operated by the ISTC (or an affiliated organization, since it’s not “training”)? I think that would be a nice aspect of the story/immersion.

I’m also curious about whether the entrance will require walking all the way into the big red dome structure, or even along the former walkway to the Fastpass machines. I hope not, as I think that would probably confuse people and create a lot of bottlenecks. I hope it instead gets its own separate entrance plaza/area, even if a small one.

(Too bad about the projected opening sliding to 2020. I was hoping to add it to my planned fall-2019 trip with a first-timer. Hopefully there’s still a chance...)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the yellow line is about 35 ft. long, the closest wall from M:S in that google pic in that area appears to be about 100-105-ish feet from the TT track. And, it sounds like that edfifice is probably gone by now for the restaurant construction...? Should be more than enough room now...?

Is 35,000 square feet enough like this...

1536454135874.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like it is the week for tearing open buildings at Epcot, the site which cannot be named has picture of the side of Mission Space torn open where it will connect to the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom