1902 Carthay Circle

Disney Dad 3000

I do find it funny how people from the northeast travel 1K miles just to stay in a resort themed to the northeast :p I really like it because it's a resort pulled out of time.

One of my favorite parts was just sitting in the lobby lounge listening to the Shadow on the radio

You know I love that place. Spent all the early early mornings of our stay there in june lounging/dozing in a chair on the covered patio just outsidea the lobby or down on the boardwalk in the quiet loverlooking yacht & bc. I even fell asleep on the lawn late one night after a super long day while the kid watched incredibles.

Was the "tatted" performance guy still doing his nightly act?

spacemt354

Chili's
You know I love that place. Spent all the early early mornings of our stay there in june lounging/dozing in a chair on the covered patio just outsidea the lobby or down on the boardwalk in the quiet loverlooking yacht & bc. I even fell asleep on the lawn late one night after a super long day while the kid watched incredibles.

Was the "tatted" performance guy still doing his nightly act?
They had a bunch of them out -- magicians, circus acts, my favorite was this guy (forget his name, but he's great)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I had previously suggested putting the Jungle Book attraction in Lemuria, since there's nothing listed there.
What if we cut lemuria? It's a neat legend and story witg some cool elements. But we've had no ideas for it. Plus it's a sunken city just like Atlantis. And it's southeast Asia just like Shangri La. I think we either need some idea to make it unique from those two lands or cut it.

OR we make the entry land more of a generic Southeast Asia Jungle Basecamp. Wuth an expedition Everest style rollercoaster through hidden mountains to Shangri La and a river rapids ride quest to Lemuria.

A pair of E Tickets flanking the entry land with a Jungle Book dark ride and maybe another B/C Ticket nearby.

I'll post this in the Shangri La thread too

spacemt354

Chili's
Today's brainstorming poll will be a little bit different in that while everyone can for sure chime in - I'm also looking for some new folks to get a fresh perspective on the park as a whole, and the entrance of the park.

The entrance of any park is important for immersing you into the story it's trying to tell - and since we are hyper focused on story and immersion, having an entrance that suits the premise well is a good start.

Below I have the overall Lost World park premise and map by @WowFactor as well as @D Hindley 's suggestion for an entrance land.

---------------
And the question is - do you like this general idea for a base camp entrance land, or how would you plus it? Thanks!

DISNEY'S LOST WORLDS (HONG KONG DISNEYLAND'S 2ND GATE)
screen-shot-2018-08-13-at-14-22-37-png.303273

Theme Park Premise
"Guests are explorers departing on research expeditions to discover mythic lost civilizations throughout the world, with each "Lost World" being a place where myths live in harmony with nature."

Think this approach could preserve a lot of the nature, myth and culture we've been discussing, but in a more directed and exciting way. Like Disney's Animal Kingdom, animal exhibits line the ruins and make the settings feel lived-in. Lots of worldwide settings are still represented, but in a less "edutaining" way.
The entry land could be a base camp in a remote village where we leave on our adventure. Makes guests the center of the story. Full of artifacts already recovered.

Entrance Land Concept
A village where explorers leave to discover the lost worlds, home to artifact museums, libraries, supply warehouses and other exploration aides.

Some have discussed doing Old Hong Kong as the entry, to satisfy local nostalgia. Ocean Park basically already has this land. Instead I propose something inspired by vintage Southern China mixed with a bit of Thailand - that's the most popular international destination for Chinese tourists so it holds a familiar appeal. Also a bit of a Himalayan foothill village vibe.

While we're discussing dividing most lands into a "local village" and the "lost world" beyond it, this entry land will be just the former. A nearby "lost world" land serves as its counterpart -

spacemt354

Chili's
Today's brainstorming poll will be a little bit different in that while everyone can for sure chime in - I'm also looking for some new folks to get a fresh perspective on the park as a whole, and the entrance of the park.

The entrance of any park is important for immersing you into the story it's trying to tell - and since we are hyper focused on story and immersion, having an entrance that suits the premise well is a good start.

Below I have the overall Lost World park premise and map by @WowFactor as well as @D Hindley 's suggestion for an entrance land.

---------------
And the question is - do you like this general idea for a base camp entrance land, or how would you plus it? Thanks!

Theme Park Premise
"Guests are explorers departing on research expeditions to discover mythic lost civilizations throughout the world, with each "Lost World" being a place where myths live in harmony with nature."

Think this approach could preserve a lot of the nature, myth and culture we've been discussing, but in a more directed and exciting way. Like Disney's Animal Kingdom, animal exhibits line the ruins and make the settings feel lived-in. Lots of worldwide settings are still represented, but in a less "edutaining" way.
The entry land could be a base camp in a remote village where we leave on our adventure. Makes guests the center of the story. Full of artifacts already recovered.

Entrance Land Concept
A village where explorers leave to discover the lost worlds, home to artifact museums, libraries, supply warehouses and other exploration aides.

Some have discussed doing Old Hong Kong as the entry, to satisfy local nostalgia. Ocean Park basically already has this land. Instead I propose something inspired by vintage Southern China mixed with a bit of Thailand - that's the most popular international destination for Chinese tourists so it holds a familiar appeal. Also a bit of a Himalayan foothill village vibe.

While we're discussing dividing most lands into a "local village" and the "lost world" beyond it, this entry land will be just the former. A nearby "lost world" land serves as its counterpart -
Quoting the whole post along with the brainstorming question if anyone has any feedback/suggestions (and tagging some new folks into the mix for fresh perspectives!)

Do you like this general idea for this park's entrance land, or how would you plus it?
@deere839
@HMFan999
@Vipraa

spacemt354

Chili's

---------------

Theme Park Premise

Entrance Land Concept

Tagging some new folks into the mix for some fresh perspectives

Do you like this general idea for this park's entrance land, or how would you plus it?
@RMichael21
@Driver
@SimulatedIntelligentRobot

spacemt354

Chili's

---------------

Theme Park Premise

Entrance Land Concept

@IDInstitute
@WondersOfLife
@griffin ferrari

spacemt354

Chili's

---------------

Theme Park Premise

Entrance Land Concept

@TJJohn12
@David2319
@Brer Oswald

spacemt354

Chili's

---------------

Theme Park Premise

Entrance Land Concept

@Poe Dameron
@Cheekylittlerobot
@winstongator

Voxel

President of Progress City

---------------

Theme Park Premise

Entrance Land Concept

Soo Working on what has been discussed but also Hong Hong's History. Why not make the entrance a Port, with tradition Chinese and foreign ships. This would allow you to pull in the ancient nostalgia along with showing artifacts, warehouse, etc.

WowFactor

Soo Working on what has been discussed but also Hong Hong's History. Why not make the entrance a Port, with tradition Chinese and foreign ships. This would allow you to pull in the ancient nostalgia along with showing artifacts, warehouse, etc.
I think the vintage supplies stores village has better fit once we have a real sea just over there. Maybe we coud have some masts and sails in a forced perdpective.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think the vintage supplies stores village has better fit once we have a real sea just over there. Maybe we coud have some masts and sails in a forced perdpective.
Both good suggestions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom