Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Bender123

To be honest anything electronic of value was removed years ago. If it still worked or wasn’t totally obselete it was taken.

Show control, A/V, anything. Most went a while ago, and the odd bits that remained have gone since then.

Fun fact. Wonders was the first pavilion not to be tied directly into central. Even the laserdiscs that were local went...

Exactly why I doubt they would ever just "bring it back". Even if they could, the attraction is decidedly out of the analog era and would not look very good. To get it to the point that it would even be partially modern quality, they would need to replace just about every part of the AV, control system and lighting. In addition, I love the show, but the talent in the videos haven't exactly withstood 30 years, either...Anybody under thirty likely has no idea who Hanz and Franz, George Wendt, Charles Grodin or Jon Lovitz are...

Missing20K

agreed... but, more like, "thank goodness they didn't hurt themselves!"
- that's numero uno for a multitude of reasons, and is why these incidents need to be taken seriously.

if there's a bright side to these meanderings, it's that they expose breach points, much like a professional cracker/hacker would... a direct analogy, of course
Also add the liability aspect to the issue. Anybody could go back there and get "injured."

I'm sure personal injury is some of the rationale (though I'm not sure how Disney could possibly have any liability for guests accessing backstage areas and hurting themselves), but I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that they would rather a hundred guests get injured backstage than have any sort of mass trauma event caused by the worst among us.

Missing20K

To be honest anything electronic of value was removed years ago. If it still worked or wasn’t totally obselete it was taken.

Show control, A/V, anything. Most went a while ago, and the odd bits that remained have gone since then.

Fun fact. Wonders was the first pavilion not to be tied directly into central. Even the laserdiscs that were local went...

Question for ya, why did they leave Buzzy in there for so long? Was he used for cast or executive events? Or just too difficult to disassemble and remove until absolutely needed?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Anybody under thirty likely has no idea who Hanz and Franz, George Wendt, Charles Grodin or Jon Lovitz are...

That's criminal to me, with all the streaming/online services available where you can find them and their work. :)

I didn't know about the Figment signature in the cement. A very cool Easter egg. The fact that it was removed makes me quite sad. :cry:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Clearly, strawman arguments are your MO since you refuse to look at what a court would look at.

You might also want to read my posts more carefully before repeating back to me portions of what I already said. Slaps from Ellen AND Alex for you!

Do you honestly think police would charge them the same way?

It appears that you are unfamiliar with property law / when something is breaking and entering, and when it is not.
The hotel/basement analogy was yours.

Alex and Ellen are long gone.

Being caught trespassing is trespassing. Good luck if it happens to you.

Inspired Figment

I’d truly like to think that they’re renovating Cranium Command to be an Inside Out attraction in the near future. But of course, I’m only speculating. It just seems like it’d make the most sense. Disney clearly acknowledges the similarities aswell as that Pete Docter worked on both. So it seems like a no-brainer. Another big reason I’m hoping for this is that hopefully with that, Journey into Imagination can go back to it’s original spirit of creativity along with the return of Dreamfinder & Figment. This is hopeful thinking of course. But it seems to make the most sense. Especially considering the push of Figment & Dreamfinder in new merch (such as the new Tsum Tsum set and the recently redone standard Figment plush, along with the annual event appearances.) Oh yeah, also that new AP poster in Liberty Square featuring Dreamfinder & Figment is pretty fascinating too...
Just seems silly to utilize them so much if they weren’t planning anything for them. You know.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
...Anybody under thirty likely has no idea who Hanz and Franz, George Wendt, Charles Grodin or Jon Lovitz are...
To be honest that’s irrelevant. The parts they played worked so well visually that they could be anybodies. I’ve been watching an awful lot of the attraction recently and it struck me how well they work. As a Brit I didn’t know most of them anyway but their parts still worked.

Question for ya, why did they leave Buzzy in there for so long? Was he used for cast or executive events? Or just too difficult to disassemble and remove until absolutely needed?
I didn’t get a definitive but being on a boom he wasn’t the easiest to get to. As we saw with Food Rocks, Imageworks and elsewhere (and River Country) things are only removed if they’re in the way. Otherwise why spend money just to make something an empty space?

Bender123

To be honest that’s irrelevant. The parts they played worked so well visually that they could be anybodies. I’ve been watching an awful lot of the attraction recently and it struck me how well they work. As a Brit I didn’t know most of them anyway but their parts still worked.

I agree that the show still worked (It does lose a layer of its "pop" appeal without knowledge of WHY those actors are funny in those roles), but I think the bigger issue people are missing here is that that entire theater and show is so badly dated from a tech standpoint that I seriously doubt it would work to just test it out and open the doors. Is there even a Master of the screen portions that could reasonably be cleaned and re-mastered to an HD quality? If I recall, the "eyes" were rear projection and, even at the time, were not of the highest resolution feeding off an analog source (yes...laser disc stored in digital, but it was analog video and could only output over analog at a lower than DVD quality). I couldn't imagine Disney would try to resurrect an attraction that is that dependent on low resolution analog sources.

Obviously not directed at you @marni1971 but more toward the general idea that if the AAs still worked, WDW could just swing the doors open and have an attraction.

Inspired Figment

I agree that the show still worked (It does lose a layer of its "pop" appeal without knowledge of WHY those actors are funny in those roles), but I think the bigger issue people are missing here is that that entire theater and show is so badly dated from a tech standpoint that I seriously doubt it would work to just test it out and open the doors. Is there even a Master of the screen portions that could reasonably be cleaned and re-mastered to an HD quality? If I recall, the "eyes" were rear projection and, even at the time, were not of the highest resolution feeding off an analog source (yes...laser disc stored in digital, but it was analog video and could only output over analog at a lower than DVD quality). I couldn't imagine Disney would try to resurrect an attraction that is that dependent on low resolution analog sources.

Obviously not directed at you @marni1971 but more toward the general idea that if the AAs still worked, WDW could just swing the doors open and have an attraction.
Which is exactly why I’m saying, this would be the best place for a new Inside Out show. The plot is similar, it’s relevant, Pete Docter worked on both, and with Disney’s outlook on always enhancing and upgrading technology, I’m sure they could put in a new control system and new hi-def screens.

trainplane3

100% agreed. CC was such a fun and well put together show. It was a must do for me everytime I visited. When I actually saw the Hanz and Franz skits on SNL and a commercial they were in, I instantly thought back to CC.

gustaftp

The hotel/basement analogy was yours.

Alex and Ellen are long gone.

Being caught trespassing is trespassing. Good luck if it happens to you.

The basement analogy was MisterPenguins, and mentioning a hotel made his ridiculously fallacious and demonstrably false example slightly more apt for the situation.

However, I encourage you to study what laws actually say, instead of making absolute statements that were clearly not well-researched.

Lack of proper research causes judges and courts to side with trespassers: ;-)

Last edited:

prfctlyximprct

My friend is in WDW now and of course I’m making her stalk for me. Don’t worry this is as far as she went. LOL... is that Guardians behind?
B037116D-B13B-405B-B6CD-657BEF799A14.jpeg
166C8487-1AF1-414F-82B4-81BDD5E58E4F.jpeg

Acidsplat

Speaking on the trespassing issue, it's bad especially on property owned by a company as big as Disney, but in an evil way I'm not going to pretend I don't enjoy seeing what they uncover. I think there are a lot of people in the same boat. "Don't do that! Well... since you did, I'm going to take a peek at what you found" :bookworm:

Next Big Thing

Because the legacy of his stupidity still exists within the company today. People got in trouble. He caused a lot of hassle for a lot of people.
Not advocating for sneaking into WoL, but maybe some people within Disney getting in "trouble" and causing a "Hassle" over a building they have let just sit there, unused for park guests for over 10 years (outside of festivals) is what was needed.

People within the company need to realize that this is a space that has attractions running, not a space that holds events. If that were currently the case, there would be no hassle.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not advocating for sneaking into WoL, but maybe some people within Disney getting in "trouble" and causing a "Hassle" over a building they have let just sit there, unused for park guests for over 10 years (outside of festivals) is what was needed.
That didn’t have a bearing on bringing the building possibly back into proper use.

After all, they didn’t reopen River Country.

Bender123

That didn’t have a bearing on bringing the building possibly back into proper use.

After all, they didn’t reopen River Country.

...Or Discovery Island, Image Works, Food Rocks, etc...

I would think the idea to reuse WoL would come from a budget reason, crowd and speed reason...Im guess that if anything is going to go into WoL it would cost far less and would be far faster to reuse the building. The business guy in me thinks that IF something is going to go into WoL, they would likely want to get proper construction started by this winter, if they want to hit an opening date that would match up with GotG to siphon off some of the lines.

Logic tells me that anything going into that building would be pretty tame, low cost and extremely family friendly to balance off the three thrill rides on that side of the park...all things that could be accomplished quickly and with low cost.

Im not going to even guess at theme, but "business me" cant see anything amazing going in here, from an attraction standpoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom