When are you going to fix that yeti?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Eh I really don’t think the safari is the main ride of the park. And I don’t think Disney would advertise the Yeti working again as a reason to draw crowds out of the park. It would be embarrassing to advertise something that was there at opening but took over a decade to fix.
What I'd assume they'd do is add a few other small effects or updates to it and advertise it as a major refresh.

Hardcore Disney fans will be happy just to have the yeti fixed and hairbands cleaned. People who don't care or don't know about Disco Yeti will be excited about "The Yeti is more ferocious than ever! Projection mapping effects replacing the shados on the wall! New audio/visual effects at the broken track! Bla Bla Bla!"

smile

hairbands cleaned

ugh - let's be real, that's worse than the yeti
...nothing to do with twdc

beside the fact yeti should be fixed on principle :eek:
were i joe, i'd have been tempted to make the following deal, "if you can keep the hair ties off for five minutes, i'll fix the yeti!"
:p

might get yelled at, tho... the hair ties are in a way similar to the younglings insta-vibe purple wall organic thing so currently coveted by the folks in burb

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What I'd assume they'd do is add a few other small effects or updates to it and advertise it as a major refresh.

Hardcore Disney fans will be happy just to have the yeti fixed and hairbands cleaned. People who don't care or don't know about Disco Yeti will be excited about "The Yeti is more ferocious than ever! Projection mapping effects replacing the shados on the wall! New audio/visual effects at the broken track! Bla Bla Bla!"

Maybe... the hairbands is how the Yeti gets fixed?!! Maybe the hairbands are Yeti medicine from the Yeti dimension?!!!! The means to fix the Yeti were right there the whole time!!!!!!

Thelazer

I hate to break the news to everyone, but Joe Rohde is well known as a complete narcissist. His "promise" to fix the yeti is nothing more than than the old flying monkey ploy. And don't forget that Joe is using the "fix the yeti" excuse for hanging on to his job.

Well I don't know about the 2nd part, but yea I've heard from more than a few folks who've been involved with him that he's the "star of the show.. 24/7"

Kurt Hauk

Me personally I would like to see them spend the money on other things over fixing it at this point. I was able to see the Yeti in mode A long ago. I have also seen tarp Yeti, Disco Yeti, and a couple other versions as well. My most recent trip saw the version that has been around for awhile now (this past March). The thing is you fly past him so fast that you can hardly see him in any of the versions and out of the 9 people I have been on the ride with over the years only 2 of them noticed it without me pointing it out. If you went through that area a little slower I would agree with most of the fans on this site that it should and needs to be fixed. However with how fast you go through and how often he is even missed, I just don't see the point in pooring a bunch of money into it and this is likely why it has yet to be fully fixed.

erasure fan1

I just don't see the point in pooring a bunch of money into it and this is likely why it has yet to be fully fixed.
Well I think it is just they don't care. While you have a point, if Disney cared even a little, they would reworked the scene a long time ago. It's Disney for crying out loud, they have the ability to do anything they can dream of. But what do they do? They went to Radio Shack and spent $28.50 on a strobe light. :bored:

CalebS

Well I think it is just they don't care. While you have a point, if Disney cared even a little, they would reworked the scene a long time ago. It's Disney for crying out loud, they have the ability to do anything they can dream of. But what do they do? They went to Radio Shack and spent $28.50 on a strobe light. :bored:
Considering how efficient Disney is with money I’d say they figured out a way to make that strobe light cost a couple thousand

Phil12

Their main problem with the yeti is that they failed to fully take into account the karst geography under the yeti foundation. They have investigated various remediation methods (such as driving additional pilings) but unfortunately due to the heavy concrete foundation already in place, ground penetrating radar and other such flaw identification procedures are very limited. This is a safety issue, therefore, they don't have the ability to do anything within their dreams. From their perspective, they're just thankful they didn't have to shut the entire ride down.

erasure fan1

Their main problem with the yeti is that they failed to fully take into account the karst geography under the yeti foundation. They have investigated various remediation methods (such as driving additional pilings) but unfortunately due to the heavy concrete foundation already in place, ground penetrating radar and other such flaw identification procedures are very limited. This is a safety issue, therefore, they don't have the ability to do anything within their dreams. From their perspective, they're just thankful they didn't have to shut the entire ride down.
No, you missed my point. I was talking about them not fixing the yeti like it was on day 1. Disney needs to rework that scene, re-imagine it. Make something cool, if anyone can its them. If the best they can do is what is there now, than all hope is lost.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My Ignore list is used minimally, because sometimes even those you disagree with 98% of the time you can have an intelligent discussion with. The troll is currently the only one on it, and it should be clear why.

FWIW, if you weren't able to have the full yeti experience after E:E opened, it was very cool. I swear you could reach up and almost touch it as you zoomed by (Yes, I tried ;)).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom