When are you going to fix that yeti?

smile

I really thought I had things sussed out. Guess I needed more WD-40.

you do know the yeti's not at bar george?

I can honestly say that I have never made a joke on this message board.

in that case, i find your wd-40* excuse simply unbelievable
... bet you weren't even at the bar :rolleyes:

please, geo(rge) rohde, you're our only hope!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Yes, Martin mentioned that on the other EE thread…I said that Joe could’ve stopped at financial and I think just about all of us here would accept that excuse. It’s ALL about the Benjamins….

Disstevefan1

Sorry for the bump, but Joe Rohde recently commented on the Yeti fix. Thought you all might find it interesting.

So let me get this straight.

TWDC can lose billions of dollars on D+ and lose hundreds of millions of dollars on movies that randomly hit and miss, but fixing the Yeti is a complex interface between finance, operations, marketing, design, timing, engineering and … guest satisfaction.

Got it!

Brian

Yes, Martin mentioned that on the other EE thread…I said that Joe could’ve stopped at financial and I think just about all of us here would accept that excuse. It’s ALL about the Benjamins….
Dang, I don't keep up with the other subforums as much, so I didn't see that. I would've spared us all the thread bump ;)

Disstevefan1

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

Disney makes a movie about fixing the Yeti!!!

They actually fix the Yeti as part of the cost of the movie and since Disney doesn't care how much they spend on making movies and they don't care if their movies make money, it's the perfect solution!

That said, I would go to see this movie and they can cast whoever they want! 🤣

EPCOT-O.G.

So let me get this straight.

TWDC can lose billions of dollars on D+ and lose hundreds of millions of dollars on movies that randomly hit and miss, but fixing the Yeti is a complex interface between finance, operations, marketing, design, timing, engineering and … guest satisfaction.

Got it!
Look, you could have a fixed Yeti, or you get half an episode of She-Hulk. Decisions had to be made.

CntrlFlPete

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

Disney makes a movie about fixing the Yeti!!!

They actually fix the Yeti as part of the cost of the movie and since Disney doesn't care how much they spend on making movies and they don't care if their movies make money, it's the perfect solution!

That said, I would go to see this movie and they can cast whoever they want! 🤣

How does that address operations, marketing, design, timing, and engineering? What time of year do you take down an attraction that has high capacity in a park with a small number of rides while not tanking guest satisfaction for -- I assume a minimum of 6 months while getting marketing on board to help keep attendance up while tying up engineering assets.

Just pointing out that it seems we are focusing on Finance without consideration of the difficulties of bring the other clogs along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom