Tiki Room Refurb

pdude81

Original Poster
I see that the Tiki Room is set for refurbishment in August with a TBD end date. Does anyone know if this might be related to the Tropical Hideaway construction or if it's something else? We're heading to DL for the first time this fall and are hoping that it is back up and running then. I haven't found any information about it on this forum or anywhere else so far, and I'd expect if it were being shut down for good there would be rumors flying around at a minimum

NateD1226

I see that the Tiki Room is set for refurbishment in August with a TBD end date. Does anyone know if this might be related to the Tropical Hideaway construction or if it's something else? We're heading to DL for the first time this fall and are hoping that it is back up and running then. I haven't found any information about it on this forum or anywhere else so far, and I'd expect if it were being shut down for good there would be rumors flying around at a minimum
The ride closes August 6th and has a TBD opening date like you said. Since we don't have an opening date for the Tropical Hideaway, I'm guessing it is for Tropical Hideaway. I am guessing maybe there will be something in the Tiki Room that relates to the Tropical Hideaway that they have to add.

Old Mouseketeer

The ride closes August 6th and has a TBD opening date like you said. Since we don't have an opening date for the Tropical Hideaway, I'm guessing it is for Tropical Hideaway. I am guessing maybe there will be something in the Tiki Room that relates to the Tropical Hideaway that they have to add.

My guess from the description in the permits is that they are changing the exterior of the exit and adding a ramp to make it more accessible. I'm not sure what the configuration will be, but I think there could be several possibilities.

Old Mouseketeer

That would amazing! They would get so many more people to go the Tiki Room.

OMG!!! WHY HASN'T ANYONE IN THE WORLD EVER THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!

I bet people would be lining up to see such a masterpiece! In fact, they would probably return over and over to experience the annoyance.

Of course, if that didn't work, I always thought Stitch would be a good fit with the whole Elvis/Hawai'i connection.

NateD1226

OMG!!! WHY HASN'T ANYONE IN THE WORLD EVER THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!

I bet people would be lining up to see such a masterpiece! In fact, they would probably return over and over to experience the annoyance.

Of course, if that didn't work, I always thought Stitch would be a good fit with the whole Elvis/Hawai'i connection.
We need to find a way to contact Disney 😂

GiveMeTheMusic

"Our guests have always loved Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. We are excited to announce that some other favorite pals will be joining the beloved birds for their gleeful show! Starting this summer, Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Rex and other DISNEY/PIXAR TOY STORY friends will be teaming up with José and his feathered friends in the all-new spectacular show, Enchanted Tiki Room - Partysaurus Rex!"

"At the core of Walt's original Tiki Room is a spirit of play, and that's what inspired us to bring in Woody and company. What's more playful than toys? You know, because kids play with toys," said Imagineering intern McKayleigh Ross.

NateD1226

"Our guests have always loved Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. We are excited to announce that some other favorite pals will be joining the beloved birds for their gleeful show! Starting this summer, Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Rex and other DISNEY/PIXAR TOY STORY friends will be teaming up with José and his feathered friends in the all-new spectacular show, Enchanted Tiki Room - Partysaurus Rex!"
People would still go see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom