Tiki Room Refurb

180º

IMG_6043.JPG

Krista_pictures.jpg

DSCN5389_thumb%25255B16%25255D.jpg

DISNEY_PHOTO.jpg
I appreciate family #4 because they are the only ones who had enough decency to get 👏the heck 👏 out of 👏 the middle 👏 of 👏the walkway 👏 AND they don’t show any highly unnecessary strollerage.

Family #3 gets double citations for impeding traffic and unnecessary possession of excessive strollers. Double-double citations for double-double strollers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I appreciate family #4 because they are the only ones who had enough decency to get 👏the heck 👏 out of 👏 the middle 👏 of 👏the walkway 👏 AND they don’t show any highly unnecessary strollerage.

Family #3 gets double citations for impeding traffic and unnecessary possession of excessive strollers. Double-double citations for double-double strollers.

In all fairness, setting aside the stroller situation, standing in the walkway is not their fault, these appear to be the official photopass CM pictures. I have a similar picture in DL during the 60th where the CM put me right in the middle of the walkway on Main St to get the castle without me asking.

So blame the CM. :p

D

Deleted member 107043

But that's the thing... Disney doesn't have a "core demographic" though. They are so massive and the marketing is heavily segmented.

And that's my point. Targeting different personas within the AP crowd to keep the parks full might be a good strategy for the bottom line, but I feel like my tastes and preferences are barely represented anymore. There's literally nothing they've done in Anaheim over the past 3 years that I find worthwhile. Going to Disneyland now feels a bit like walking into someone's private party to me.

Curious Constance

And that's my point. Targeting different personas within the AP crowd to keep the parks full might be a good strategy for the bottom line, but I feel like my tastes and preferences are barely represented anymore. There's literally nothing they've done in Anaheim over the past 3 years that I find worthwhile. Going to Disneyland now feels a bit like walking into someone's private party to me.

That's what I'm saying. They keep focusing on these specific people who have the emotional maturity of a child can't be a good idea in the long run. What if these people all decide something else is far cooler than Disney someday? Then what? They have a park full of crap that 90% of the world couldn't care less about.

Phroobar

That's what I'm saying. They keep focusing on these specific people who have the emotional maturity of a child can't be a good idea in the long run. What if these people all decide something else is far cooler than Disney someday? Then what? They have a park full of crap that 90% of the world couldn't care less about.
Then they get the bulldozers out and build something new. It's not like it hasn't happen before.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's true. It was my grandfathers name. Most of the family is Swedish, with some Scottish thrown in from my mother's side. My relatives names are Lars, Astrid, Willhelm, and a gaggle of Erik's. I also had an Aunt Hedvig growing up, and she was someone you did not want to disappoint.

What no Leif's?

Curious Constance

It's true. It was my grandfathers name. Most of the family is Swedish, with some Scottish thrown in from my mother's side. My relatives names are Lars, Astrid, Willhelm, and a gaggle of Erik's. I also had an Aunt Hedvig growing up, and she was someone you did not want to disappoint.

My god, all this time I've been internet friends with someone named Thor and didn't even know it!!! I've got to make up for lost time!

dweezil78

There's literally nothing they've done in Anaheim over the past 3 years that I find worthwhile.

3 years? Jeeze, I think we've been perhaps been a bit spoiled with so much new development over the last decade or so to expect new stuff to hit at such a rapid pace, especially considering most new projects come at the expense of tearing down others these days. Do you forget about the 80s and 90s, post new-Fantasyland, when there'd be maybe a new single attraction every 5 years or so? And while Splash Mountain and Indy are great rides, they are certainly nothing of the size and magnitude of new entire land projects like Cars Land and SWL.

TROR

3 years? Jeeze, I think we've been perhaps been a bit spoiled with so much new development over the last decade or so to expect new stuff to hit at such a rapid pace, especially considering most new projects come at the expense of tearing down others these days. Do you forget about the 80s and 90s, post new-Fantasyland, when there'd be maybe a new single attraction every 5 years or so? And while Splash Mountain and Indy are great rides, they are certainly nothing of the size and magnitude of new entire land projects like Cars Land and SWL.
We are getting new stuff, though. That's not what Hans is complaining about. The problem is the new stuff is all garbage. I fully expect Galaxy's Edge to be of the highest quality, but I'd rather be taking nothing than taking junk.

dweezil78

We are getting new stuff, though. That's not what Hans is complaining about. The problem is the new stuff is all garbage. I fully expect Galaxy's Edge to be of the highest quality, but I'd rather be taking nothing than taking junk.

No... other people are getting new stuff too that just doesn't appeal to people like us. Back to my earlier point, which was in regards to marketing, there are more segmented projects going on in the park now too which cater to different audiences as Disney now has far more data about their consumers and tries to create experiences for all of them.

We may not like these things, but go out there on social media and get a pulse on what the overall crowd they're targeting with projects like Pixar Pier or these dress up like princess deals for adult women, and you'll see that people are loving them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom