Tiki Room Refurb

BrianLo

My god, all this time I've been internet friends with someone named Thor and didn't even know it!!! I've got to make up for lost time!

I kind of realized I'm the only dummy whose name any of you actually slightly know. Except maybe @raven24?

This is wonderfully life changing though. All this time we thought it was a monocle, he's clearly into eye patches.

db8a35486ad68fdbfae38b0a9bd89058.png

Tony the Tigger

Yup. Actually the TP2000 thing dates back to the mid 1990's on the usenet forums, and it stands for Theme Park 2000. Which sounds so incredibly corny now, but on a 28K dial up modem in 1996 it seemed pretty cool.

It’s also a well known musical production (read: remix) duo of Barry Harris (aka “Kon Kan” from the 80’s - “I Beg Your Pardon”) and Chris (not a star.) They were called Thunderpuss 2000, often abbreviated TP2000 or TP2K, and remixed very successful club versions of hit pop songs for Whitney, Madonna, Britney, etc. in the late 90’s/early 2000’s until they split up.

I always wondered if you named yourself after them. Clearly not!

To be on topic for a sec, Tiki Room is a once a decade stop for me. It takes that long to forget how much I don’t enjoy it after the novelty wears off during the first 2 hours of the show, and I have to sit there patiently for another 4 hours waiting for it to be over.

(Ducking tomatoes.)

Californian Elitist

It’s also a well known musical production (read: remix) duo of Barry Harris (aka “Kon Kan” from the 80’s - “I Beg Your Pardon”) and Chris *** (not a **** star.) They were called Thunderpuss 2000, often abbreviated TP2000 or TP2K, and remixed very successful club versions of hit pop songs for Whitney, Madonna, Britney, etc. in the late 90’s/early 2000’s until they split up.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 OMG.

TP2000

It’s also a well known musical production (read: remix) duo of Barry Harris (aka “Kon Kan” from the 80’s - “I Beg Your Pardon”) and Chris *** (not a **** star.) They were called Thunderpuss 2000, often abbreviated TP2000 or TP2K, and remixed very successful club versions of hit pop songs for Whitney, Madonna, Britney, etc. in the late 90’s/early 2000’s until they split up.

This information is absolutely hysterical.

I think I'm going to change the reason I called myself TP2000 22 years ago and use your backstory instead.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I emailed Disney about the refurbishment and this is what they sent back:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Disneyland Resort.

Our Enchanted Tiki Room is not scheduled for refurbishment at this time.

We look forward to your upcoming visit.

Guest Correspondence
Disneyland Resort

Its still listed on the Parks Calendar as being under refurb starting Aug 6th. So possible either the schedule changed or its hasn't made it down to the email team.

I suspect it'll be down for the a week or two to add the ADA ramp.

Old Mouseketeer

It's going to have to go down at some point. What I suspect will happen is that there will be an ADA ramp replacing the current kludgy lift so that wheelchair guests will have a ramp up to the exit door. It's possible that the exit will go down the same ramp, but exit to the walkway near where the current exit steps are. It will be interesting to see how they do this.

dweezil78

When I was there this week, the left side of the waiting/pre-show area was all boarded up and inaccessible, causing everyone to be crammed into a tiny little area. So they're definitely doing some stuff there already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom