Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

cosmicgirl

I don't understand one-last-time-ism. The last time you saw it was your one last time, no? Is it so you have a lifetime viewing of Illuminations at 33 times instead of 32?
Just to clarify, a goodbye trip for me would be for the final show. I wouldn't do it for just any ride or show, but would consider it for my absolute favorites. If I know it's the last time I'm seeing something I experience it differently, but I guess that's a personal thing. In rare cases Disney also do something special for the final performance. The last MSEP at DLP, for instance, was the longest I'd ever seen. They pulled out everything they had and you could tell that the performers were also "living" it differently. The atmosphere during a final ride or performance is something special.

ToTBellHop

Just to clarify, a goodbye trip for me would be for the final show. I wouldn't do it for just any ride or show, but would consider it for my absolute favorites. If I know it's the last time I'm seeing something I experience it differently, but I guess that's a personal thing. In rare cases Disney also do something special for the final performance. The last MSEP at DLP, for instance, was the longest I'd ever seen. They pulled out everything they had and you could tell that the performers were also "living" it differently. The atmosphere during a final ride or performance is something special.
I am not expecting much advance notice on this one. When they know it’s ready to go, it’ll get going quickly for their bleeding park. If you want to see it, book a trip now and call it your last viewing. Otherwise you may end up sharing a candlelit dinner with YouTube.

cosmicgirl

I am not expecting much advance notice on this one. When they know it’s ready to go, it’ll get going quickly for their bleeding park. If you want to see it, book a trip now and call it your last viewing. Otherwise you may end up sharing a candlelit dinner with YouTube.
I appreciate the heads-up but unfortunately transatlantic flights in July and August are extremely expensive. If it ends before fares go down late August it's unlikely the goodbye trip will be feasible. I'll cross my fingers and hope we'll find out with enough notice to find a reasonable flight.

jrhwdw

Could this be ROE's last July 4th??? Wonder how many people know about this.

Mander

In the Parks
No
I hope they dont make any changes until after my September vacation.

I'm hoping the same thing but a bit later. We have a short trip planned 10/31-11/5 with plans to be in Epcot on the 3rd. Fingers crossed it sticks around that long but I'm not feeling hopeful. Illuminations has been my favorite for so long...I'd love to see it in person once more.

Marc Davis Fan

I moved a trip with a first-timer from May 2019 to Dec 2018 with the hope that she would be able to see what I think is Disney’s deepest and most meaningful nighttime show before it ends forever. But I guess even that won't be soon enough.

How can they end such a long-running and iconic show with so little notice? This seems almost unprecedented.

Last edited:

GlacierGlacier

My guess is that the thinking is that It's been running virtually uninterrupted for 19 years.
It's possible for them to spring it in quite quickly, at least. Martin said a few weeks/months back that they were manufacturing show elements. The permits thread had a series of installations around world showcase a while back too, that nobody really understood.

I'm thinking they'll pull a Happily Ever After and just run the two back to back nights. All we need to be on the lookout for is new barges or drone setups in arials.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom