News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Creathir

So, if the gondolas did have AC, run on batteries that charged as they passed through the station, what good would it be during a 2 hour stoppage at 2:00 in the middle of August? None!

This whole circular AC argument is tedious. We’ve been told there is no AC. We’ve been told to drop that aspect of the discussion. Enough already.

This is not just directed to you, but really, pages and pages of useless AC discussion is ... well, useless.
Honestly that wouldn’t help in that situation either.

I wish they had windows that opened or something, or perhaps a way to open the doors from the inside? (Maybe this does exist? I have no idea)

Lets Respect

The Roosevelt Island tram in NYC doesn’t have AC and it gets hot in there during the summer. People complain. That’s a 4 minute ride each way. Of course when it’s part of your commute you tend to have to just do it.

kelknight84

People keep bringing up that these are going to stop all the time. When loading and unloading they are not on the main line.

I've been going to Busch Gardens for 30+ years and have ridden their skyride 1000's of times. While slightly different, it is the same concept. And I have never once been stopped while in the air. And these are not handicap accessible and transfers must be made and there is still enough time to load without stopping the line.

These systems are highly reliable and if a stop is made I don't foresee this being long and definitely not often.

Missing20K

For gondolas? No. This came about from a plan to link the CBR to Epcot via water taxi.

Any insight you can share as to the process of how they got from a water taxi at CBR to the current scheme?

Also I’m a bit surprised no other resorts wanted to be included.

Word has been replacing.

Particularly if the above is true. If it’s so much less costly to use the gondola system why not link the All Stars and CSR and send one line to AKL and AK and one line to MGM. With transfer on to IPcot. The rides would be much longer, granted, but Disney could eliminate even more buses and their implied higher costs.

seabreezept813

I wonder if this would actually deter guests. I assume many people might be anxious to ride these, myself included. I’ll use them because we love Pop and it’s special because we stayed there for our wedding. But I almost died riding one of these to the top of Mt Sugarloaf in Brazil. One reason I know many people love Disney is that it’s thrill rides aren’t that crazy.. I bet many guests aren’t crazy about heights

Goofyernmost

I wonder if this would actually deter guests. I assume many people might be anxious to ride these, myself included. I’ll use them because we love Pop and it’s special because we stayed there for our wedding. But I almost died riding one of these to the top of Mt Sugarloaf in Brazil. One reason I know many people love Disney is that it’s thrill rides aren’t that crazy.. I bet many guests aren’t crazy about heights
Just keep in mind that this is not a mountain resort. You aren't climbing over vast ravines and out of the way places. You are traveling in basically a straight line with a relatively low elevation for a very short period of time. Even the most timid concerning heights should be fine with this set-up.

seabreezept813

Just keep in mind that this is not a mountain resort. You aren't climbing over vast ravines and out of the way places. You are traveling in basically a straight line with a relatively low elevation for a very short period of time. Even the most timid concerning heights should be fine with this set-up.

Fair point..but I will probably still need someone to hold my hand getting on.. it’s odd I’ll ride any thrill ride, I’ve even bungee jumped.. but slow moving rides up high freak me out

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The grip force is measured every time a cabin leaves the station.

As far as I know, the grip on a detachable lift has never detached. The Vail accident in 1976 was a different type of design.

I'd be much more worried driving around wdw then getting on the gondola.
The Vail accident? o_O

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Any insight you can share as to the process of how they got from a water taxi at CBR to the current scheme?

Also I’m a bit surprised no other resorts wanted to be included.

Particularly if the above is true. If it’s so much less costly to use the gondola system why not link the All Stars and CSR and send one line to AKL and AK and one line to MGM. With transfer on to IPcot. The rides would be much longer, granted, but Disney could eliminate even more buses and their implied higher costs.

I think it's a stretch to include Pop Century as a resort that's being serviced by this system. It's a really long haul if you try to hike from 'Rubiks Cube' Bldg. 9, all the way around to the station at Art of Animation. Just sit on the bench and wait for the next bus!

peter11435

I think it's a stretch to include Pop Century as a resort that's being serviced by this system. It's a really long haul if you try to hike from 'Rubiks Cube' Bldg. 9, all the way around to the station at Art of Animation. Just sit on the bench and wait for the next bus!
The station is no closer to art of animation than it is to pop century. The station is directly between the two. It’s just as long of a walk from bldg 9 at pop as it is from building 7 8 and 9 at AoA.

Goofyernmost

The station is no closer to art of animation than it is to pop century. The station is directly between the two. It’s just as long of a walk from bldg 9 at pop as it is from building 7 8 and 9 at AoA.
And from what everybody says, it might be a long wait for the next bus to get there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom