The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

OMG . . .:facepalm:

Aside from the price of the new bats, this part of the article really caught my attention...

Leah Zeamer, John’s mother, said she was already in deep for this year’s baseball budget. John wears adult sizes, and everything needed to be replaced: a helmet ($50), two pairs of pants ($70), batting gloves ($20), cleats ($70) and catcher’s gear ($200).

When I played Little League and Pony Colt ball, the only things we had to provide ourselves were a mitt, cleats, and a batting glove (if you wanted one - I never did).
All the rest, including the bats, uniforms, batting helmets, catchers gear, etc., were provided by the team/league.
Boy howdy, times have changed... :cyclops:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Aside from the price of the new bats, this part of the article really caught my attention...

Leah Zeamer, John’s mother, said she was already in deep for this year’s baseball budget. John wears adult sizes, and everything needed to be replaced: a helmet ($50), two pairs of pants ($70), batting gloves ($20), cleats ($70) and catcher’s gear ($200).

When I played Little League and Pony Colt ball, the only things we had to provide ourselves were a mitt, cleats, and a batting glove (if you wanted one - I never did).
All the rest, including the bats, uniforms, batting helmets, catchers gear, etc., were provided by the team/league.
I remember just showing up with a mitt and we got sponsored Tshirts. It was that way for both baseball ad softball.

SteveBrickNJ

I am composing this text from the parking lot of Red Robin Gourmet Burger Restaurant. This chain is having a promotion that allows teachers to have a free burger and fries meal. There are 5 burgers we are allowed to choose from. When I arrived on this Tuesday at 5:15pm there were many teachers on line to check in. Many at the tables. Many off to the side waiting to be called. We all know a good deal when we see one. LOL :)

SteveBrickNJ

I am composing this text from the parking lot of Red Robin Gourmet Burger Restaurant. This chain is having a promotion that allows teachers to have a free burger and fries meal. There are 5 burgers we are allowed to choose from. When I arrived on this Tuesday at 5:15pm there were many teachers on line to check in. Many at the tables. Many off to the side waiting to be called. We all know a good deal when we see one. LOL :)
My daughter came with me. It is predicted that we will be seated around 6pm.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
My daughter came with me. It is predicted that we will be seated around 6pm.
Still waiting :(

Once we went to Chili's on Veterans day to take advantage of the veterans eat free deal. We showed up at about 4:30 and ended up waiting and waiting and waiting. By the time they sat us, it was 6:04. The promotion ended at 6 pm and they didn't Honor it :(

SteveBrickNJ

Once we went to Chili's on Veterans day to take advantage of the veterans eat free deal. We showed up at about 4:30 and ended up waiting and waiting and waiting. By the time they sat us, it was 6:04. The promotion ended at 6 pm and they didn't Honor it :(
Oh no.....that's terrible. They should be so ashamed..........btw...we are seated and placed our order. I'm sure we will be out by 8:30 LOL

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I always thought leasing was good if you own a business because then you can write it off in your taxes. I can see why you would want to lease because the monthly payments are cheaper. I would think though that if you own, then at least you would have trade in value, where leasing gets you nothing and you sort of threw away your money.

Definitely pros and cons to both. I think the lure for some people is that it's reasonable monthly payments, and you get to drive around a new car for 3 years (with specific mileage limitations). Sure, they don't get to keep it, but I think part of the problem nowadays is the incredibly high prices they are charging for new cars. Not everyone can afford it, and some "settle" for leasing a car instead.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

And not necessarily for the better either . . . :facepalm: (Resonding to the end of your quote -- highlighted in red.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom