When did the IP idea really start?

DanielBB8

When someone tries to talk about the actions of others, but they’re really talking about themselves...
I’m not the one asking for sources, which prove their own ignorance, or using inapplicable definitions, trying to prove conspiracy theories, and my favorite, using GIFS. Oh well.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

giphy.gif

lazyboy97o

It’s amazing how Walt Disney Animation Studios has been able to survive by only releasing nine features with Disney characters over the course of more than 80 years. It’s a good thing we won’t have to see generic crap like Moana for the next couple of years.

Tony the Tigger

It’s amazing how Walt Disney Animation Studios has been able to survive by only releasing nine features with Disney characters over the course of more than 80 years. It’s a good thing we won’t have to see generic crap like Moana for the next couple of years.

Ha! How many were original stories vs known ones, i.e. de facto IP’s? I already covered that.

DanielBB8

“Cinefix dissects the iconic opening scene of Raiders of The Lost Ark showing how it was made. From the planning to the practical effects and sound design. It also talks about George Lucas' obsession with Disney comic books and how Uncle Scrooge's The Seven Cities of Cibola influenced the boulder scene.

No more facts please.

George Lucas on a Bench

“Cinefix dissects the iconic opening scene of Raiders of The Lost Ark showing how it was made. From the planning to the practical effects and sound design. It also talks about George Lucas' obsession with Disney comic books and how Uncle Scrooge's The Seven Cities of Cibola influenced the boulder scene.

No more facts please.

Unca Scrooge! Life is like a hurricaaaane! Here in. Duckburg!

DanielBB8

I don’t have an issue with retelling a story, you are one who claims people expect to see Disney characters. There were no Disney characters in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Disney gave each dwarf a name. This makes them Disney characters. The original story had no names for each drawf. Keep the lie going.

PB Watermelon

Disney purposefully skews the questions to where they will be answered in their favor. Disneyland’s general audience wants what Disney wants. They don’t think the same way other types of fans think. If Disney were to ask in a survey if guests would enjoy and welcome a land such as Discovery Bay, I can bet people would respond positively. General guests will eat up anything Disney throws at them, and Disney knows this, hence the reason they take advantage of the bogus surveys.

So why make a survey in the first place if they're meanimgless...sorry, I'm skeptical. If you've got a link with proof, I'd happily read it.

Tony the Tigger

So why make a survey in the first place if they're meanimgless...sorry, I'm skeptical. If you've got a link with proof, I'd happily read it.

It's possible different divisions of Disney commission different surveys, and may have a bias towards their own project. If they get "the right results" from their survey, it may help them move forward within the company with their project.

Or it can be to show shareholders the company is doing what the customers want.

There is some value in skewing a survey, but IMO there is more value in getting objective feedback. It all depends on the goals of the company.

What does that clarify? You are still pushing the same nonsensical double standard that positions themed entertainment as beneath movies.

Not really. I'm challenging the widespread-on-fan-sites-only notion that IP's are awful, dumbed down, uncreative shortcuts.

What lie? The dwarfs had not been in a previous movie, so they were not Disney characters.

They are the definitive version for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom