A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Speaking of controversial people, where did the Spirit fly off to? It looks like his last post was in December 2017. What did I miss?

He comes around every now and then, reads what's happening and decides 'Nah, not worth it.'

I have been bemused by people who think -- and have stated -- that I am not posting because Disney came after me (they didn't) or because my family doesn't want me posting (you don't know my family, so please leave them out). I just don't have a passion for going back and forth with people who have a seemingly endless supply of time to pick wings off of flies.

As you can tell by what has been going on in the real world, the fan community is immensely fractured. And the people who grew up on the Disney of the 50s-90s are not ever going to see the world through the people who love the 21st century Walmarted (God, it's been a long time since I got to use that) version of what Disney has become. Many of us are just as disgusted by what America has become. And things are very intertwined.

But for those who have sent notes, especially the last three months or so, that have gone unanswered, I am fine and I am happy and I am busy and that is really that. I am working on a project that likely will interest some of you, but I won't be unwrapping that for the masses for quite some time.

Some of asked me to start a Tweeter and, nope, not happening. That world makes this one seem totally sane. And I also don't look as good in a bathing suit as Ashley does!

I am sorta shocked to see this thread is still going. Not shocked that it basically is a Star Wars and Marvel one, largely. If that's your idea of Disney, then we aren't going to ever agree (doesn't mean you are a lesser person for enjoying that stuff, I did love Deadpool 2).

This thread started with my thoughts on TDR and SDL and how they both present a polar opposite view of what a Disney theme park is. And that hasn't changed.

I consider this my online home and most of the people here to be 'friends' and hope everyone is well.

Oh, and yes, I still hate Robert A. Iger with a burning passion that could only burn deeper if it were the Star Wars franchise in China!

Disneyhead'71

He comes around every now and then, reads what's happening and decides 'Nah, not worth it.'

I have been bemused by people who think -- and have stated -- that I am not posting because Disney came after me (they didn't) or because my family doesn't want me posting (you don't know my family, so please leave them out). I just don't have a passion for going back and forth with people who have a seemingly endless supply of time to pick wings off of flies.

As you can tell by what has been going on in the real world, the fan community is immensely fractured. And the people who grew up on the Disney of the 50s-90s are not ever going to see the world through the people who love the 21st century Walmarted (God, it's been a long time since I got to use that) version of what Disney has become. Many of us are just as disgusted by what America has become. And things are very intertwined.

But for those who have sent notes, especially the last three months or so, that have gone unanswered, I am fine and I am happy and I am busy and that is really that. I am working on a project that likely will interest some of you, but I won't be unwrapping that for the masses for quite some time.

Some of asked me to start a Tweeter and, nope, not happening. That world makes this one seem totally sane. And I also don't look as good in a bathing suit as Ashley does!

I am sorta shocked to see this thread is still going. Not shocked that it basically is a Star Wars and Marvel one, largely. If that's your idea of Disney, then we aren't going to ever agree (doesn't mean you are a lesser person for enjoying that stuff, I did love Deadpool 2).

This thread started with my thoughts on TDR and SDL and how they both present a polar opposite view of what a Disney theme park is. And that hasn't changed.

I consider this my online home and most of the people here to be 'friends' and hope everyone is well.

Oh, and yes, I still hate Robert A. Iger with a burning passion that could only burn deeper if it were the Star Wars franchise in China!
Glad to hear all is well.

Skibum1970

Well, I am glad to see that you are still out there. Feels normal knowing that you are hovering around the edges. It's kind of like you started the thread and then it derailed without some guard rails.

trainplane3

I picked the right day to skim this thread. Glad to you're doing good.
Can't blame you for avoiding Twitter. There's no middle ground, either people screaming or others celebrating.
And you may think that, but you should let us be the judge of that.;)

bclane

Spirit! Glad to see you are doing well.

Mike S

They had been floating a new name for her. Ghost Spider. But I don’t think it stuck.

I’m actually kinda surprised Marvel let Sony use Miles and Spider-Gwen (vs prime Gwen), neither was likely in the original Marvel contract.
They probably saw what they wanted to do and just loved it. I know I do. After this trailer I’m wondering how is this the first animated movie to use this style?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom