A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Quinnmac000

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...he-least-leggy-200m-opener-ever/#58c4887446f4

Infinity War's opening weekend record looks like it was a blessing and a curse. Add Deadpool 2, Solo, and the unexpected popularity of Book Club to the mix, and Infinity War's dropping quicker than some may have guessed.

Internationally, JW2 is also picking up in countries and stealing a lot of market share that was for Solo, DP2, and Infinity War.
https://deadline.com/2018/06/jurass...-weekend-box-office-international-1202405551/

I know China asked for a IW extension but I think it may get canxed.

Princess Leia

Rodan75

The extension was granted, but I'm not sure how it will do against JW2. I'm guessing the extension will get it over the $2B mark though.

I'm sure it will hit the $2B mark within the next couple of weeks anyway. I think the big question is if JW2 is going to beat Black Panther WW or not. The reviews are more positive than I expected, but the ad campaign hasn't been great IMO.

BrianLo

Obsession? I came across it randomly. And I remember that guy. He talked about footers way more often.

What obsession?

I have it on good authority that since TLJ was so poorly received TDO has decided to make SW:GE even smaller, while shifting resources to Disneyland to make it even grander and more impressive. Since SW:GE is now so small and unimpressive Universal would rather just delay Nintendo land for a few more years since there is no longer a need to respond.

Love ya @Mike S :p

498.gif

Disney Analyst

Oh, no. He can't be ... by 2019 his legacy building Disney Springs Lifestyle Centre will be complete. And, boy, is it spectacular.

And trees, Walt never wanted trees to stay at WDW. Let's now destroy the last bit of old WDW to add a resort on the River Country site (think of what that area will look like with massive roads and streams of cars headed in).

And, hey, WDW is getting a few new attractions for its giant two year long 50th Anniversary marketing celebration (just don't ask about how many things announced or not announced, but planned, have been shelved already). So what if two parks literally do not have anything to do in them? Just wait for breathless bloggers tweeting to their flocks about being in line for four hours to ride a children's roley coaster.

And transportation is all fixed. Add Minnie Vans to charge Guests (paying obscene sums for the convenience of WDW transportation) an extra $25 (soon to be almost double) and more asphalt and an ingenious Skyliner that absolutely destroys views and it's all fixed, right?

And how about those themed giant Marriott hotel towers at Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. And ... I see what you did there, you got me started.

I do miss our intelligent exchanges. Did you dissect the TEA attendance numbers this year (the ones that are simply not physically possible for DHS)?

Hope all is well with you! Feel free to drop a note anytime!

Oh the numbers that have DCA lower somehow then DHS? Haha.

Mike S

What obsession?

I have it on good authority that since TLJ was so poorly received TDO has decided to make SW:GE even smaller, while shifting resources to Disneyland to make it even grander and more impressive. Since SW:GE is now so small and unimpressive Universal would rather just delay Nintendo land for a few more years since there is no longer a need to respond.

Love ya @Mike S :p

498.gif
Gonna have to try harder than that ;)

bhg469

Minority? You underestimate our power.
In this case the vocal minority can see plainly that Feige has been making miracles happen with properties that no one ever thought would be successful movies. I mean antman? Not only was it a success, but it was really good! The biggest issue here is that Kennedy throws huge names and huge money at star wars expecting it to be great, but she just needs to have the right people and a few good stories.

the.dreamfinder

In this case the vocal minority can see plainly that Feige has been making miracles happen with properties that no one ever thought would be successful movies. I mean antman? Not only was it a success, but it was really good! The biggest issue here is that Kennedy throws huge names and huge money at star wars expecting it to be great, but she just needs to have the right people and a few good stories.
Thats a fair take I don’t see here on SW often.

Of interest to many here, the author of “The Making of Star Wars”, JW Rinzler was writing a similar book about TFA and it was canned, reportedly, because it portrayed Disney executives, particularly Bob Iger, in a bad light. Think about it, Pixar and Marvel were pretty much fully formed when they came to Disney. SW, OTOH was amidst a transition from GL to KK. Disney’s meddling could easily be a cause of the problems because that new group couldn’t form their own identity.

TeriofTerror

He comes around every now and then, reads what's happening and decides 'Nah, not worth it.'

I have been bemused by people who think -- and have stated -- that I am not posting because Disney came after me (they didn't) or because my family doesn't want me posting (you don't know my family, so please leave them out). I just don't have a passion for going back and forth with people who have a seemingly endless supply of time to pick wings off of flies.

As you can tell by what has been going on in the real world, the fan community is immensely fractured. And the people who grew up on the Disney of the 50s-90s are not ever going to see the world through the people who love the 21st century Walmarted (God, it's been a long time since I got to use that) version of what Disney has become. Many of us are just as disgusted by what America has become. And things are very intertwined.

But for those who have sent notes, especially the last three months or so, that have gone unanswered, I am fine and I am happy and I am busy and that is really that. I am working on a project that likely will interest some of you, but I won't be unwrapping that for the masses for quite some time.

Some of asked me to start a Tweeter and, nope, not happening. That world makes this one seem totally sane. And I also don't look as good in a bathing suit as Ashley does!

I am sorta shocked to see this thread is still going. Not shocked that it basically is a Star Wars and Marvel one, largely. If that's your idea of Disney, then we aren't going to ever agree (doesn't mean you are a lesser person for enjoying that stuff, I did love Deadpool 2).

This thread started with my thoughts on TDR and SDL and how they both present a polar opposite view of what a Disney theme park is. And that hasn't changed.

I consider this my online home and most of the people here to be 'friends' and hope everyone is well.

Oh, and yes, I still hate Robert A. Iger with a burning passion that could only burn deeper if it were the Star Wars franchise in China!
I'm happy to hear from you and I hope you're doing well. Best wishes whether you're in these parts or not!

Rodan75

Good points. Feige has pulled off a stunning feat and any exec being compared to him would fall short. At this point you have to assume he is Horn’s heir apparent.

Feige has created a MCU Marvel Method, adapting Pixar’s tried and true story telling techniques and adapting the comics Marvel Method into a series of movies that are similar but different. And does nothing to upset the various fan bases.

KK needs to learn some of those lessons.

AEfx

Cartoon Brew is a website dedicated to animation from around the world. It's one of the few notable websites dedicated to animation news.

Yeah, I checked - it's a blog that has been around for awhile. But it is still a blog. One with a hell of an axe to grind, as I said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom