A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

brb1006

He comes around every now and then, reads what's happening and decides 'Nah, not worth it.'

I have been bemused by people who think -- and have stated -- that I am not posting because Disney came after me (they didn't) or because my family doesn't want me posting (you don't know my family, so please leave them out). I just don't have a passion for going back and forth with people who have a seemingly endless supply of time to pick wings off of flies.

As you can tell by what has been going on in the real world, the fan community is immensely fractured. And the people who grew up on the Disney of the 50s-90s are not ever going to see the world through the people who love the 21st century Walmarted (God, it's been a long time since I got to use that) version of what Disney has become. Many of us are just as disgusted by what America has become. And things are very intertwined.

But for those who have sent notes, especially the last three months or so, that have gone unanswered, I am fine and I am happy and I am busy and that is really that. I am working on a project that likely will interest some of you, but I won't be unwrapping that for the masses for quite some time.

Some of asked me to start a Tweeter and, nope, not happening. That world makes this one seem totally sane. And I also don't look as good in a bathing suit as Ashley does!

I am sorta shocked to see this thread is still going. Not shocked that it basically is a Star Wars and Marvel one, largely. If that's your idea of Disney, then we aren't going to ever agree (doesn't mean you are a lesser person for enjoying that stuff, I did love Deadpool 2).

This thread started with my thoughts on TDR and SDL and how they both present a polar opposite view of what a Disney theme park is. And that hasn't changed.

I consider this my online home and most of the people here to be 'friends' and hope everyone is well.

Oh, and yes, I still hate Robert A. Iger with a burning passion that could only burn deeper if it were the Star Wars franchise in China!
SPIRIT'S BACK!!!

Princess Leia

They had been floating a new name for her. Ghost Spider. But I don’t think it stuck.

I’m actually kinda surprised Marvel let Sony use Miles and Spider-Gwen (vs prime Gwen), neither was likely in the original Marvel contract.
Jessica Drew might be in Marvel/Sony’s Spider-Man sequel, Miles’s uncle was in Homecoming, and they’ve cast someone as Silk (apparently she was on the bus in Infinity War), so I think Marvel’s definitely looking at using more characters in the Spider-verse. Whether or not they bring Spider-Gwen into the live action films is another story (or any version of Gwen), but an animated Miles Morales movie brings the character into the mainstream in a major way. Maybe not for the Spidey sequel, but maybe for the third, we’ll see Miles and Peter team up in live action, plus whoever else manages to get spider-oriented powers in that time.

Mike S

https://movieweb.com/kathleen-kennedy-leaving-lucasfilm-star-wars/

A message to miss Kennedy from most Star Wars fans:
giphy.gif

WDW1974

Original Poster
Glad to hear all is well.

Thanks. ... We have got to get together the next time I'm in O-Town ... which will be ... I don't know ... I have this strong desire to celebrate Halloween in the middle of August because that's what Iger and Kalogridis want. But then, I realise that is just the dark side of the Force and I must not give in. Halloween should be celebrated the last week of September (if that) and the month of October.

JoeCamel

Thanks. ... We have got to get together the next time I'm in O-Town ... which will be ... I don't know ... I have this strong desire to celebrate Halloween in the middle of August because that's what Iger and Kalogridis want. But then, I realise that is just the dark side of the Force and I must not give in. Halloween should be celebrated the last week of September (if that) and the month of October.
I know a place that does that.......

WDW1974

Original Poster
Welcome back!

Sometimes, the hardest point to get across is just how bad Iger has been for WDW.

Oh, no. He can't be ... by 2019 his legacy building Disney Springs Lifestyle Centre will be complete. And, boy, is it spectacular.

And trees, Walt never wanted trees to stay at WDW. Let's now destroy the last bit of old WDW to add a resort on the River Country site (think of what that area will look like with massive roads and streams of cars headed in).

And, hey, WDW is getting a few new attractions for its giant two year long 50th Anniversary marketing celebration (just don't ask about how many things announced or not announced, but planned, have been shelved already). So what if two parks literally do not have anything to do in them? Just wait for breathless bloggers tweeting to their flocks about being in line for four hours to ride a children's roley coaster.

And transportation is all fixed. Add Minnie Vans to charge Guests (paying obscene sums for the convenience of WDW transportation) an extra $25 (soon to be almost double) and more asphalt and an ingenious Skyliner that absolutely destroys views and it's all fixed, right?

And how about those themed giant Marriott hotel towers at Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs. And ... I see what you did there, you got me started.

I do miss our intelligent exchanges. Did you dissect the TEA attendance numbers this year (the ones that are simply not physically possible for DHS)?

Hope all is well with you! Feel free to drop a note anytime!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom