Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Kman101

In regards to IPs, the receptions by the general public of fan favorite HEA (all IP) and the just OK RoL (no IP) probably tells us all we need to know. We, here, know that, IPs aside, those shows are apples and oranges in comparison to one another. That said, I bet that won't stop the decision makers at Disney from rationalizing that IPs, or the lack thereof, are the difference between a wildly successful (aka merchandisable) show and an average show.

Bingo.

Unplugged

Times change and so do both the guests and the executives who make the calls. Many guests now simply don't grasp today, what the intention of EPCOT was. I loved it for what it was, but the cat was let out of the bag a long time ago regarding the thematic drift, and with all the Executive changes over the years, it's not going back. So, I find aspects that I'm good with, and enjoy that now. Admittedly, after having been to EPCOT many, many times over the years, even I agree with some change as that park can get really hot and you can only shop the same stores and dine the same dining so many times. I believe that's why the festivals are so popular....the food & drink is a change and something different. If some IP can be done without wrecking the general feel of the park, so be it. Something new to do. After all, Ratatouille in France is not out in the open, it's in the back. Nor are the changes in Norway, as they are in dark attraction. At this point, that park will never be what it was, but it also won't be a Magic Kingdom either, so I throw in the towel and am waiting to witness the changes.

FigmentJedi

Yep. The problem is many of those who make decisions (including this one) don’t understand the differences between the parks.
And unfortunately, a lot of newer fans don't either what with discourse like "They should turn Rivers of Light into a Moana show or a recreation of the coronation ceremony from Black Panther" popping up or a YouTuber with a large following making a video about Figment and asking why a DIsney park would ever prominently feature a character that doesn't star in a movie or television show.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At this point, that park will never be what it was, but it also won't be a Magic Kingdom either, so I throw in the towel and am waiting to witness the changes.
assimilates.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom