News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know this will not happen but IMHO it would be a cool idea to put the entrance to the restaurant BEHIND the MS ride so you have to do the ride to fly to the space station restaurant and dine there. In the original concept for the EPCOT space pavilion (MS is only a very watered down version of the original plans) you first did a space flight (like MS) and then enjoyed the attractions etc. of the pavilion, simulating a trip to a space station.

Kinda like the living seas? Which they abandoned long ago?

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
If the plan is to send the Mission:Space rockets to the space restaurant (as part of the story), Disney might want to re-do the film (again), because the ride mentions being a test simulator. Gina Torres is pretty available, right?

They could certainly modify the spiel:

“You’re here today for space food - the most thrilling experience that any astronaut diner will ever have. Before you decide if it’s right for you, let me introduce you to your menu. It’s full of appetizers, entrees, and desserts and can range from 14 to 48 dollars in one sitting. So when you hear the words, “Go for lunch,” you’ll definitely want to hang on to your wallet.”

draybook

They could certainly modify the spiel:

“You’re here today for space food - the most thrilling experience that any astronaut diner will ever have. Before you decide if it’s right for you, let me introduce you to your menu. It’s full of appetizers, entrees, and desserts and can range from 14 to 48 dollars in one sitting. So when you hear the words, “Go for lunch,” you’ll definitely want to hang on to your wallet.”

@wdwmagic c'mon now, if this post doesn't warrant a laugh button, I don't know what does...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just letting you know we have enough posters who play the everything's awful card ;) you aren't saying anything new.

I have a draw two of that card...but I’m waiting for it to switch to red first.

...my comment was more about they’ve had the non-spinner for quite A while i do recall...whatever they relabeled it last year.

Mission space is a ride I don’t think they’d build if they had it to do again.

And there is a lot of the lecturing type pretty much everywhere...so demand is low for that😬

Last edited:

Kman101

I have a draw two of that card...but I’m waiting for it to switch to red first.

...my comment was more about they’ve had the non-spinner for quite I while i do recall...whatever they relabeled it last year.

Mission space is a ride I don’t think they’d build if they had it to do again.

And there is a lot of the lecturing type pretty much everywhere...so demand is low for that😬

I don't like Mission Space (it belongs at Kennedy Space Center). I agree they wouldn't build it if they had to do it again. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't replace it altogether last year. But I guess that was never in the cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom