Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

HauntedMansionFLA

I think replacing Star Tours is the linchpin for developing a larger mini-land.

If you rope in Star Tours; you'd also have Training Academy ripe for replacement too. Backlot Express would be prime for a Jock Lindsey's restaurant conversion. That's a D-ticket ride replacement, a new Indy Academy type attraction, A themed QSR, A stunt show, what I would assume to be a new E ticket boat ride and a few shops. With all converted that would be a huge win for HS. If considered.
That sounds great. Theme Star Tours to Indy. Keep / update the stunt show since it can pack them in. And get a high capacity E-ticket ride behind the stunt show. Re-theming Jedi training into Indy training will be fun for the kids.

Skibum1970

So, why "mini-lands"? I just wondering. Why not just have one large land (ex. Lucasfilm) that encompasses SWL, Indy, and whatever else. Each ride (not counting SWL) could have a themed entry but it would be cohesive due to the studio that created it. You could Pixar, Lucasfilm, and then maybe an Old Hollywood to encompass Tower, RNR, and anything else on that side.

lazyboy97o

So, why "mini-lands"? I just wondering. Why not just have one large land (ex. Lucasfilm) that encompasses SWL, Indy, and whatever else. Each ride (not counting SWL) could have a themed entry but it would be cohesive due to the studio that created it. You could Pixar, Lucasfilm, and then maybe an Old Hollywood to encompass Tower, RNR, and anything else on that side.
That wouldn’t be cohesive storytelling. Who made the movie is not part of each story.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Agreed but I was thinking about lands like Fantasyland. Each ride is a stand-alone ride with the link being fantasy. That was my approach to this.

Yes, it can be done. Pixar Pier in DL is an example of it. And with the exception of the single-IP lands, pretty much all of the Disney parks were examples of IPs sitting next to each other because they are Disney IPs (even though some may have been grouped by a mini-theme like 'fantasy' or 'sci-fi').

However, then you get things like extra-dimensional monsters next to a space-themed child's toy. Or extra-dimensional cuckoo tea cup spinners next to a stuffed bear dark ride.

Can it be done? Yes. Should it be done? Well... there's something to be said for the single-IP land. All the rides, and the streets, and the shops, and the restaurants all have the same theme. It feels like you're now in one distinct and particular setting. And when it's done, it gets rave reviews: Potterlands, Cars Land, Pandora. And more importantly for the people running the parks, it gets in more guests and more money than simply adding in another attraction in an area with all the other attractions and shops sharing a very loose theme. And the loosest theme of all is "made by the same company." Which can be argued, and @lazyboy97o will do so (correctly, IMO), is not a "theme" at all.

These are supposed to be "theme parks" afterall.

DanielBB8

Despite the argument that Pixar Pier is IP branding and nothing more, how the Pixar IP is adapted to the Pier should be credited as theming. Also, the restriction of the Marvel brand means DCA’s version will be called Superheroes Land, which is a theme and each IP will be sure to fit in the premise.

Lucasfilm isn’t well defined, yet something can be said about American Grafitti and Indy already fitting into the area. Thus, if it is designed as a period piece in the 1940s and 1950s, any such adaption would be quite easy. However, I’m not exactly such a theming adherent that everything must match. Grand Avenue will have a conflict with the new bar that’s themed to the present. Should Disney spend thousands to make the theme fit better while ridding itself of Muppets? Anything to remove Muppets would be a good thing.

Haymarket2008

Despite the argument that Pixar Pier is IP branding and nothing more, how the Pixar IP is adapted to the Pier should be credited as theming. Also, the restriction of the Marvel brand means DCA’s version will be called Superheroes Land, which is a theme and each IP will be sure to fit in the premise.

Lucasfilm isn’t well defined, yet something can be said about American Grafitti and Indy already fitting into the area. Thus, if it is designed as a period piece in the 1940s and 1950s, any such adaption would be quite easy. However, I’m not exactly such a theming adherent that everything must match. Grand Avenue will have a conflict with the new bar that’s themed to the present. Should Disney spend thousands to make the theme fit better while ridding itself of Muppets? Anything to remove Muppets would be a good thing.

Technically Grand Avenue is set in the present.

Princess Leia

The Superheroes Land is set in the same universe though. While it is definitely a stretch to include Guardians in Tower, I’m hoping the other rides will have a better sense of cohesion.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Which is still different from being the sole provider of "truth" or "facts".
I don’t think @MisterPenguin has ever claimed to be the sole provider of truth or facts.

What he does very kindly do is round up the various rumours, sort through the nonsense, wait to see what our trusted insiders confirm or deny, and then neatly package it in one convenient thread.

I, for one, am most appreciative. Apparently the Mods are somewhat appreciative too, as they have seen fit to pin this very informative thread. I’m really not sure where your and @lazyboy97o’s hostility stems from.

Cesar R M

I don’t think @MisterPenguin has ever claimed to be the sole provider of truth or facts.

What he does very kindly do is round up the various rumours, sort through the nonsense, wait to see what our trusted insiders confirm or deny, and then neatly package it in one convenient thread.

I, for one, am most appreciative. Apparently the Mods are somewhat appreciative too, as they have seen fit to pin this very informative thread. I’m really not sure where your and @lazyboy97o’s hostility stems from.
Unsure about Lazy,, I think I got him on my blocklist.. as for Penguin.. unsure what you get for hostility. Calling out? I have my reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom