Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As far as I can tell, there is no room behind Indy Stunt for a mini-land. Not even a one-off attraction without reclaiming part of the parking lot.

1525565180532.png

1525565238388.png

GlacierGlacier

I agree. Add the ride next to the show (with updates) and a place to eat and it could be a fun addition!
With the proper facades, it could be a wonderful transition from Echo Lake to Grand Avenue. If there was some way to theme it like a school where Indy taught or maybe a museum you transitioned through to reach the jungles of Indy's adventures, it would be perfect. The city-themed decor in Hollywood Studios is amazing, from Sunset Boulevard to Grand Avenue. I just wish it was continuous.

YodaMan

As far as I can tell, there is no room behind Indy Stunt for a mini-land. Not even a one-off attraction without reclaiming part of the parking lot.

View attachment 282229

View attachment 282232

I would have to assume using part of the parking lot is at least being looked at. I don't know why else they would have moved the Cast Services building just a few feet away if they weren't looking at better utilizing the space behind Indiana Jones.

Disone

I would have to assume using part of the parking lot is at least being looked at. I don't know why else they would have moved the Cast Services building just a few feet away if they weren't looking at better utilizing the space behind Indiana Jones.
I have assumed the same thing. Seems odd to move the building just slighly over from its current position. It does give me hope Indy the attraction is coming next to the stunt show.

Haymarket2008

View attachment 282229

View attachment 282232

It has been said that Indy is being considered to take the plot that was intended for Star Wars the first time around (the one that takes over part of the parking lot). So it would expand the footprint of DHS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There is a planned 3.5 acre expansion pad behind Indy to the east of the perimeter road. It was always planned to push the park boundary slightly east:

18BAC030-BA3D-4018-9B09-61065B4042B5.jpeg

The original (years ago) plan was for an unspecified attraction and a TSR.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I think replacing Star Tours is the linchpin for developing a larger mini-land.

If you rope in Star Tours; you'd also have Training Academy ripe for replacement too. Backlot Express would be prime for a Jock Lindsey's restaurant conversion. That's a D-ticket ride replacement, a new Indy Academy type attraction, A themed QSR, A stunt show, what I would assume to be a new E ticket boat ride and a few shops. With all converted that would be a huge win for HS. If considered.

Princess Leia

I ment someone should email disney about bringing indiana jones to DHS
I’m sure it’s on the table of discussions. We just need to wait and see what happens. Maybe an Indyland happens in DHS, maybe it happens in AK (which would be a terrible fit), maybe an Indy ride is built on top of the stunt show, maybe nothing happens at all. Anything is possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom