Pandoran problems 4.25.18

Animaniac93-98

Sigh. Time to get my dirty mind washed...

e1a.gif

disneygeek90

Part of the problem is that there really aren't any do-overs for the occasional traveler. They can't come back next week to try again. They really can't even come back tomorrow unless they want to go standby since all the FPs are gone 60+ days out. Under old paper FP, they could have regrouped and tried again tomorrow with all FP inventory still available at rope drop. I'd be really disappointed too.
I've had Frozen shut down at the end of the night. They said I could come back any time the next day and use it. Obviously doesn't work if people won't be there the next day, but I would guess most "occasional" travelers wouldn't save FoP for their very last day.

tissandtully

A bait and switch is a deliberate, pre-meditated act. A system failure is exactly that.

Do people really think Disney is rubbing their hands with glee that one or both of their headliners is down and guests are frustrated?!? 🙄

This is definitely not a bait and switch, seems like people don't really know what that is, but always like to bring it up.

drizgirl

I've had Frozen shut down at the end of the night. They said I could come back any time the next day and use it. Obviously doesn't work if people won't be there the next day, but I would guess most "occasional" travelers wouldn't save FoP for their very last day.
Actually, the "go to" advice for getting a FP on a hot new headliner is to schedule as late in your trip as possible.

The Empress Lilly

Absolutely not. Shared facilities is key to a better utilization of space, enable the shaping of space and facilitates the layering of experiences.
Density, that forgotten component of placemaking and intimacy.

For all the space sharing, the elements of Pandora barely interact with one another. Wish the boats would have an outside part, using some of the waterways or falls. Or that the boat ride formed part of FoP's queue, or was connected to the canteen in some manner.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Well, not in public. Remember, a broken attraction needs no CMs manning it, just one or two out front to turn people away.

I do hope you are saying this in jest because if you are not, this is the most ridiculous 'Disney-is-Evil' conspiracy statement I've ever read. To even suggest they are shutting down a marquee attraction to save labor cost is patently ridiculous. Obviously they had a technical or safety problem that forced this and they'll re-open as whatever that problem is resolved. They don't want it down either.

Lets Respect

In many of these types of discussions, there are two things going on. What Disney should do, and what Disney is obligated to do, legally. Disney is obligated to offer nothing. We all know that.

But from a customer service perspective, a small gesture from a company can make such a big difference in perception

I remember one time at an offsite hotel, we had a problem with a room that was fixed. Great. Then the front desk went further and sent up a little basket of candies as a token of their apology. It probably cost them a few dollars to put that together. But wow, did I walk away from that stay with a very positive perception

jakeman

I do hope you are saying this in jest because if you are not, this is the most ridiculous 'Disney-is-Evil' conspiracy statement I've ever read. To even suggest they are shutting down a marquee attraction to save labor cost is patently ridiculous. Obviously they had a technical or safety problem that forced this and they'll re-open as whatever that problem is resolved. They don't want it down either.
Jest or not, I believe we've seen this seriously suggested on more than one occasion.

jaques21

I get this is a new ride but stuff happens. I think only the people that were in line or already had a FP should be given a FP, not anyone that walks up to guest relations.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I've seen 2 reports from sources I trust this morning that the issues are a recurrence of the fire alarm/suppression system reporting false positives again. They had similar issues right at launch last summer and everyone thought they had stabilized them, but it appears that is not the case. Unfortunately, when it comes to life/safety systems like that you must evacuate the attraction for the safety of guests and cast members until you stabilize the environment and restore the system to a proper operating state. They are not legally allowed to have people in the buildings without a properly working fire alarm/suppression system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom