The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Oh, I'm sure you're right. Guess the only connection was that they were both DeHavilland.
I'm confused, are you talking about the new accident? which was in a Boeing 737 and not a Hallivand?

The Hallivand COMET was a very different animal, and had engines inside the fuselage.

*edit*
Nevermind, I finally understood it. You were talking about incidents that affected Hallivand model ships based on donaldtoo's opinion on the comet.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

We put so much pressure on ourselves to do it ourselves. I know I can make a fantastic cake for A. But I also know that I'm basically a single mom (husband is a workaholic) and I work outside of the house, and I have other obligations to take care of. So when it comes down to it, I tell myself, yes, I can make these myself, but I'm not going to. Not unless I have a full day off work and kid free to work on it, because I am NOT giving up sleep for cookies, LOL.

Drink all the coffee today, breathe, laugh about this, and move on with the plans. This will be special to him. And there's a zero point zero chance that boy thinks of you as a failure. Even with delicious wrinkly shirt cookies. HUGSSSS!!

Definitely not! He knows his mother loves him and does the best she can!!!

Years ago, I used to make handmade cards for DWifey and the kiddos, for birthdays, for Valentines Day, anniversaries, etc. I used to make them at the office with the permission of the partners. I used thick stock 8.5x11 paper, Prismacolor markers and colored pencils for highlighting, blending, and adjusting shades, and a fine line black ink pen. They loved them so much, but, there was indeed time involved.
And, when DWifey quit working at the insurance company and started working at the day care where all 3 kiddos were, she needed monthly event calendars done on poster board. There was something going on every day, and she didn't want to do magazine pic cutouts like most of the other teachers or something just rough-sketched, so I did those every month for her for a few years. But, she told everyone I was doin' them, and there was no rule against that...there was no contest of any kind, they just needed to have a calendar for each month for everything that was going on.
For those, I used my own same personal supplies as described above.
I think a bunch of them are still in a box in the garage somewhere...? :cyclops:
I must admit, I did some really cute artwork...!!! ;)
Sometimes I was up past midnight doing those, but, I was a bit of a perfectionist, and wanted them to reflect well on DWifey, and she always appreciated it...!!!!! :happy:

donaldtoo

I'm confused, are you talking about the new accident? which was in a Boeing 737 and not a Hallivand?

The Hallivand COMET was a very different animal, and had engines inside the fuselage.

*edit*
Nevermind, I finally understood it. You were talking about incidents that affected Hallivand model ships based on donaldtoo's opinion on the comet.

Not trying to be argumentative at all, but, everything I stated about the de Havilland Comet is fact, not opinion.
There were no engines on the Comet that were "inside" the fuselage. They were pretty much at the wing root and definitely not on pylons, like a 737, but definitely not "inside" the fuselage.

Two completely seperate situations, separated by several decades. I was just trying to make the point that no matter how far we progress, poop happens.

Cesar R M

Not trying to be argumentative at all, but, everything I stated about the de Havilland Comet is fact, not opinion.
There were no engines on the Comet that were "inside" the fuselage. They were pretty much at the wing root and definitely not on pylons, like a 737, but definitely not "inside" the fuselage.

Two completely seperate situations, separated by several decades. I was just trying to make the point that no matter how far we progress, poop happens.

I know that what you said isnt "opinion". I was talking "opinion" as in your post.

As for the Comet. Since the engines are INSIDE the wings(as in part of it), do not they count as "part of the fuselage" in general terms? or just "part of the wings" ?

As for poop, I agree.. but in the comet section.. everything was new to them.
If I read correctly, it was the first plane to use composites, to use full pressurization.. and the first ones to get tests for stress, fatigue, which were unknown factors at the time.

It was a huge stepforward towards the modern airplane.

For the Boeing 737 engines. It seems the engines had fatigue and the maintenance guys either didn't review the engine correctly, or completely disregarded the damage because of pressure by higher ops to get the engines stamped for operation as quick as possible.

Speaking of things.. I was actually angry as hell when they started to blame the maintenance on Mexico. Claiming the maintenance, planes, etc.. are all "". They shut up pretty fast when Foxnews finally mentioned that the maintenance of these engines are done in El Salvador if I remember correctly. Still, little has to do with the country in question and the management decisions on security, speed, reviews..etc..

MySmallWorldof4

Could have been too much pressure exposure too quickly. They have to aclimate over a week or so. They'll likely bounce back but they'll be a free weeks behind. We made that mistake once and the plants had just as many blooms and fruits.

We normally bring in donuts but this year we're going to buy some special supplies the center doesn't buy that her teachers want.
I bet you are right. Should not have brought them outside.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 280121View attachment 280122View attachment 280123.

Gaston’s big as a barge sandwich that comes with the bag of chips included in price.

Note. Put a dollar bill down for barge judgement to size ratio

Yum!! :hungry: That's enough for two people. :joyfull:

By the way, the menu you showed--the fruit and cheese picnic platter appeals to me. When I'm at WDW it's usually so hot, that I don't eat as much. So something like that platter would be something I'd definitely go for. :)

FutureCEO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom