I am Timmy

They were 59.99 each in December, the stand was separate at 24.99. Then of course you can stand at the bead station for an hour putting together some fabulous neck wear for your new friend costing as much or as little as you desire (but starting at 4.99 for the string).

andysol

Pandora, like the IP or not, certainly adds to DAK quite a bit. They did as well as they could have given the IP. After seeing Disney’s attention to immersive detail on the project, If that doesn’t get you excited for Star Wars land, I don’t know what will.
The rockwork and land itself is incredible, and the rides are good/great as well. FoP adds a world class simulator to a park with none. And Navi River, as much flack as it gets, is a solid C that compliments a park full of E tickets.

Add onto that the infrastructure additions, restaurants, and Rivers of Light that was added around the same time- and DAK is certainly on a whole new level. What was already my favorite park is just that much better.

ThatMouse

It would be cool to actually see the workflow. The imagineers design all this, but it's all outsourced to other companies who actually specialize in making "animatronics" for theme parks. Obviously it's no small challenge to install and program it to work with the rest of the show.

Stripes

It would be cool to actually see the workflow. The imagineers design all this, but it's all outsourced to other companies who actually specialize in making "animatronics" for theme parks. Obviously it's no small challenge to install and program it to work with the rest of the show.
Most of Disney's most recent AAs have been done in-house by WDI actually. Including the Shaman.

dreamscometrue

When I last visited DAK on a Saturday in late April, there were a large number of people with bright t-shirts that stated something like "We helped build Pandora" and they were all steel workers from, I believe, Fort Lauderdale. I stopped a few of them while in Pandora and thanked them for their contribution. I then spent the next several awesome minutes listening to them point out all sorts of neat things, and tell cool stories about what I was looking at. My favorite was about fabricating and transporting the super steel beam they called the 'megaroot' on something like a 50 wheeled tractor trailer flatbed (I know nothing about trucking, or steel fabrication, so don't have the correct terms), in the middle of the night along Florida's roads, but not being allowed on overpasses due to the weight. And this 'megaroot, is somehow a major loadbearing component, even though it is not where one might expect it to be placed. I didn't understand the engineering, but loved listening to what they had to say, and appreciated their enthusiasm. :)

Cesar R M

I still feel that they wasted this animatronic in that ride. I wonder if it would look better as a preshow in the navi avatar ride one.

When I last visited DAK on a Saturday in late April, there were a large number of people with bright t-shirts that stated something like "We helped build Pandora" and they were all steel workers from, I believe, Fort Lauderdale. I stopped a few of them while in Pandora and thanked them for their contribution. I then spent the next several awesome minutes listening to them point out all sorts of neat things, and tell cool stories about what I was looking at. My favorite was about fabricating and transporting the super steel beam they called the 'megaroot' on something like a 50 wheeled tractor trailer flatbed (I know nothing about trucking, or steel fabrication, so don't have the correct terms), in the middle of the night along Florida's roads, but not being allowed on overpasses due to the weight. And this 'megaroot, is somehow a major loadbearing component, even though it is not where one might expect it to be placed. I didn't understand the engineering, but loved listening to what they had to say, and appreciated their enthusiasm. :)

Thats awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom