Prototype82

Do the expat characters randomly come out? I was really hoping to meet and talk with them they seem like a cool addition to the land.
They essentially are the cast members in the restaurant and the shop. They are great to talk to. I go in costume and they always have fun with me. Some employees are generally more in character than others. Tell them Kalxti, and they'll be glad to talk. They've trained all these cast members to be in character when engaged.

TyTrap

They essentially are the cast members in the restaurant and the shop. They are great to talk to. I go in costume and they always have fun with me. Some employees are generally more in character than others. Tell them Kalxti, and they'll be glad to talk. They've trained all these cast members to be in character when engaged.
I'm talking about this character

Prototype82

Yeah that gentleman doesn't work there and he's been asked to leave many times.
bahaha. Glad they haven't tossed me out yet.
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 1.46.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 1.46.56 PM.png

JohnD

While not the intended product, what we have today is the practically finished product. A lot of the interplant interaction either wasn't working as intended, cut, or abused before the public could see it. As for the drums, it does interact, as whenever a specific drum is hit, a glowing "seed" shoots out of a nearby "root". Finally for the mountains, this was honestly a miscommunication. I was told (and I quote) "There will be a projection sequence on the mountains" which I took to mean a sequence of animals and vibrant flourishes, when instead it was subtle flourished of color across the mountains.

Yeah. Nothing stood out to me. Just looked like Pandora at night. Just like Frontierland looks like Frontierland at night. Nothing special about it.

IanDLBZF

IAAPA is going to have an after-hours event on 11/16 as a part of their annual expo, Pandora is gonna be involved to!
http://s15.a2zinc.net/Clients/IAAPA...Sessions.aspx&SessionID=1081&SessionDateID=97
Ok so this event will have an impact on AK ops on 11/16. Pandora The World of AVATAR will close at 6 PM while the rest of AK closes at 7 PM (as indicated on the operating calendar). Regular hours (park open to park close) will resume on 11/17.
Source - http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/11/avatar-land-closing-early-on-nov-16-at.html

Atomicmickey

I will say....the projections on the mountain and the walkways were a lot brighter yesterday than ive seen them in months!

Hope so. I have said before, my family was so looking forward to hanging out in Pandora at night, as we did in Carsland.
We walked through and left after 15 minutes, it was just dark and not spectacular at all. A big miss on the nighttime,
sadly. Really hoping they beef it up, it was the biggest disappointment of the land.

I should add--the awakenings at the Tree of Life were awesome, bright, colorful, and more of what I was expecting in Pandora. That whole area should be pulsing with purples, blues, etc. at night.

bclane

Hope so. I have said before, my family was so looking forward to hanging out in Pandora at night, as we did in Carsland.
We walked through and left after 15 minutes, it was just dark and not spectacular at all. A big miss on the nighttime,
sadly. Really hoping they beef it up, it was the biggest disappointment of the land.

I should add--the awakenings at the Tree of Life were awesome, bright, colorful, and more of what I was expecting in Pandora. That whole area should be pulsing with purples, blues, etc. at night.
Maybe it's because I'm almost 48, but I've found that if I just find a place to sit in Pandora for a little while, my eyes slowly adjust to the low light and the whole place becomes more beautiful and vibrant for me. If I just walk through, which I have done, I don't see everything very well. Maybe you could try just chilling for a little while before walking through and see if that works for you...if you are so inclined anyway. Works for me every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom