Rumor WDW Rumor and Timeline Tracker v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyrailfan1996

I looked at tron's concept art for the outside. I went TOTAL Disney geek freak over a minor detail. Just below the upper left corner, for the train, that's not any of the locomotives on the Walt Disney World Railroad, oh no. It's the Carolwood Pacific Lilly Belle! While it could just be there to represent the railroad, I see it as a hidden tribute to Walt Disney and his Carolwood Pacific Railroad, which we would not have ANY Disney parks had it not existed. For reference, I've included a small snapshot of the train in the art and a photo of Walt's Lilly Belle (not mine).
DSCN1131.jpg
I found lilly.PNG

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I looked at tron's concept art for the outside. I went TOTAL Disney geek freak over a minor detail. Just below the upper left corner, for the train, that's not any of the locomotives on the Walt Disney World Railroad, oh no. It's the Carolwood Pacific Lilly Belle! While it could just be there to represent the railroad, I see it as a hidden tribute to Walt Disney and his Carolwood Pacific Railroad, which we would not have ANY Disney parks had it not existed. For reference, I've included a small snapshot of the train in the art and a photo of Walt's Lilly Belle (not mine).
View attachment 269167
View attachment 269166

Stop the choo choo! You're in the wrong thread! :p

Disneyrailfan1996

Stop the choo choo! You're in the wrong thread! :p
I know, my apologies! I just get total geek freak over some small things! :p I know a lot because let's say, I'm a huge nerd and have done lots of reading! :bookworm:
Speaking of trains, there is a rumor that isn't gaining much momentum but may be likely. It is regarding the Walt Disney World Railroad. The rumor is that they are adding some of the same features that are now found on the Lilly Belle #2 locomotive like electronic ignition (similar to that in some fire places: electricity starts the fire. Much different from electronic ignition in a car). I'm not sure if you can call it a rumor since it is quite talked about in the forums or even brought up, but at least that's what I read in a post on here about a year and a half ago I think. My tour guide I think even mentioned it when I took the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour last year.
As for the tron ride, my reaction is all like ":jawdrop:YES! FINALLY! One of the most underappreciated Disney films gets some recognition!:D"

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know, my apologies! I just get total geek freak over some small things! :p I know a lot because let's say, I'm a huge nerd and have done lots of reading! :bookworm:
Speaking of trains, there is a rumor that isn't gaining much momentum but may be likely. It is regarding the Walt Disney World Railroad. The rumor is that they are adding some of the same features that are now found on the Lilly Belle #2 locomotive like electronic ignition (similar to that in some fire places: electricity starts the fire. Much different from electronic ignition in a car). I'm not sure if you can call it a rumor since it is quite talked about in the forums or even brought up, but at least that's what I read in a post on here about a year and a half ago I think. My tour guide I think even mentioned it when I took the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour last year.
As for the tron ride, my reaction is all like ":jawdrop:YES! FINALLY! One of the most underappreciated Disney films gets some recognition!:D"

You'll need to find a link to it if you can. And the source would have to be a credible one, not what someone heard a CM say once.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
In General / Park Wide
  • The Great Park Fight
    • the E-Ticket that may come to DHS wouldn't be in time for SWL's opening [here] and is likely, if it is greenlighted, to be the boat ride [here] and [here] and [here] {updated}
    • And now... the whole project may be scaled back (the The Great Capex Recession above). [here] and [here] {added}

Epcot

Wonders of Life - the fate of the Wonders Pavilion is up in the air: either more Guardians, or something else, or demolished [likely]
  • if Guardians, there's a potential Knowhere based proposal [here]
  • Nothing to be done there until 2021 [here] or much longer [here]
  • And things change: The WoL received refurbed roofing and wasn't used as a Festival Center for F&G18. Additionally, Chapek and parks execs were seen casing it and Imagination pavilions. So, normal maintenance or, now, something more? {added}
    • Doctor Strange rumor [here] {added}
    • No longer talk of being demolished. Not likely to be repurposed in 2018. [here] and [here] {added}

Illuminations: a major update, or complete replacement of Illuminations [strong]

Energy - A replacement for Ellen's Energy Adventure will be a Guardian of the Galaxy coaster. [confirmed at D23 2017]
  • it will be a launched coaster [here]
    • Vekoma train, good amount of rows, launches, no inversions [here]
    • like TRON / Crush's Coaster with a launch [here] {added}
    • maybe like this [here] {added}

The UK: Unknown Ride:
  • heard to be Poppins and it has been approved with work to begin by September '18 [here] {added}

China's 360 Degree Theater will go digital and seamless [confirmed at D23 Expo 2017]. The new film will be live action and projected from a new central rind in the ceiling. [here]
  • timeline: end of 2019, beginning of 2020 [here]
  • if this isn't cut, expected in 2020. New camera rig should be built. Now, they have to shoot footage. [here] {added}

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
MK

Night Time Parade
  • Definitely planned for the 50th. Big budget. Some Paint the Night tech and some new tech. [here] {added}
Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary (Oct 1, 2021)
  • Timeline: May 2021 to the end of 2022. [here] {added}
  • Have something new in each park by the 50th other than the stuff already publicly announced
    • to include all the announced projects (minus Main Street Theater) as of March 2018, plus one more at Epcot (UK ride?), impressive entertainment package at all 4 parks, and a lot of ride refurbs. [here] {added}
  • "50 Things" marketing campaign will take place to list 50 new things added to the parks in celebration of the 50th
    • though, it will mostly be a marketing gimmick [here] {added}

Resorts
  • A Star Wars theme hotel
    • Likely Site is Project H in this permit [here] {added}
      • Project H***** is the SW Resort [here] {added}

DHS

• Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studio, currently being built
    • WRT FPs... the three TSL rides will be Tier 1, and everything else in DHS will become/remain Tier 2. [here] {added}

• Hollywood Studios is still getting an unknown name change, but that seems to be held off until the new Lands are completed. What an adventure!
    • Name change may coincide with SWL and MMRR openings. [here]
      • Name change not happening -- official [here] {added}

In General / Park Wide

Some Type of Transportation Other Than Gondolas!
  • AI driven buses, vans, cars?.... <silence>
  • GotG coming to the Energy pavilion will be the only Marvel integration in WDW... that's the plan... for now. [here] {added}

Epcot

Illuminations: a major update, or complete replacement of Illuminations [strong]

Last edited:

TTA94

MK

Night Time Parade
  • Definitely planned for the 50th. Big budget. Some Paint the Night tech and some new tech. [here] {added}
Almost rather have TDL Dreamlights tech lol... isn’t that far more advanced than Paint The Night? And it’s a lot more elaborate looking.

trainplane3

DHS
    • WRT FPs... the three TSL rides will be Tier 1, and everything else in DHS will become/remain Tier 2. [here] {added}
In General / Park Wide

It's 12:49am and I'm bored! I fixed some of your links:
- WRT FPs... the three TSL rides will be Tier 1, and everything else in DHS will become/remain Tier 2. [here] {added}
- And driverless transports pushed back a bit waiting for better tech [here] {added}

The issue is having "threads/" in there. Example:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/goto/post?id=8141574
Cutting that out will fix them.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/goto/post?id=8141574

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's 12:49am and I'm bored! I fixed some of your links:
- WRT FPs... the three TSL rides will be Tier 1, and everything else in DHS will become/remain Tier 2. [here] {added}
- And driverless transports pushed back a bit waiting for better tech [here] {added}

The issue is having "threads/" in there. Example:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/goto/post?id=8141574
Cutting that out will fix them.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/goto/post?id=8141574

Argh.

I thought I caught them all. I use the /goto kludge because if I rely on the link the post number gives me, it can go bad when posts are deleted and they no longer appear on their original page number in the thread.

Thanks!

Doug Means

MK

Night Time Parade
Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary (Oct 1, 2021)
  • Timeline: May 2021 to the end of 2022. [here] {added}
  • Have something new in each park by the 50th other than the stuff already publicly announced
    • to include all the announced projects (minus Main Street Theater) as of March 2018, plus one more at Epcot (UK ride?), impressive entertainment package at all 4 parks, and a lot of ride refurbs. [here] {added}
  • "50 Things" marketing campaign will take place to list 50 new things added to the parks in celebration of the 50th
    • though, it will mostly be a marketing gimmick [here] {added}

Resorts
  • A Star Wars theme hotel
    • Likely Site is Project H in this permit [here] {added}
      • Project H***** is the SW Resort [here] {added}

DHS

• Hollywood Studios is still getting an unknown name change, but that seems to be held off until the new Lands are completed. What an adventure!
    • Name change may coincide with SWL and MMRR openings. [here]
      • Name change not happening -- official [here] {added}

In General / Park Wide

• AI driven buses, vans, cars?.... <silence>
  • GotG coming to the Energy pavilion will be the only Marvel integration in WDW... that's the plan... for now. [here] {added}

Epcot

I'm glad its staying DHS, i really liked MGM, but did not want another change.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
In this update, just some more affirmations that an attraction is being considered for the Wonders of Life Pavilion...

Wonders of Life - the fate of the Wonders Pavilion is up in the air: either more Guardians, or something else, or demolished [likely]
  • if Guardians, there's a potential Knowhere based proposal [here]
  • Nothing to be done there until 2021 [here] or much longer [here]
  • And things change: The WoL received refurbed roofing and wasn't used as a Festival Center for F&G18. Additionally, Chapek and parks execs were seen casing it and Imagination pavilions. So, normal maintenance or, now, something more?
    • Doctor Strange rumor [here]
    • No longer talk of being demolished. Not likely to be repurposed in 2018. [here] and [here]
    • Good chance for an attraction based on a IP. [here] [here] [here] [here]

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Other/General

A Fifth Gate?
  • No. Not one trusted insider has indicated this is anywhere in the works. No. {added}

The Great Park Fight: Indy/Dinosaurs/Shanghai PotC tech/DAK/DHS/Epcot
  • parks are vying (with the exception of MK) for ride systems (e.g., Shanghai Pirates or FoP Theater) and maybe over an IP (e.g., Indy) [here]
  • The Flight of Passage mechanics is in the mix for cloning at some time in the future [here]
    • but seemingly later rather than sooner [here] {added}
  • And now... the latest proposal is for Indy *and* Dinosaurs to co-exist! Indy with a Dino theme (e.g., Lost Word type of thing) would take over DINOSAUR and DinoRama would be an updated Excavator coasters. This means no South America Land for this area. [here] and [here] {added}
    • A reskinned Shanghai PotC type of attraction is still up in the air, between DHS and Epcot for some IP other than Indy. [here] and [here] and [here] {added}
    • Not likely to happen until 2019 [here] {added}
Transportation
  • Monorail
    • Now that the automation has been completed, expect upgrades to the vehicles [strong] which includes being flush to the loading platform for easier load of vehicles [strong]
    • Bob Gurr and Bombardier
      • Legendary and retired Imagineer, Bob Gurr, let loose that WDW was in the process of contracting with Bombardier for new monorail trains (thanks, in part, to several recent non-lethal but-could-have-been mishaps). Not a done deal... yet. {added}
      • Option: Extending the stations to accommodate longer trains. [here] {added}
  • Gondola Lift!
    • the plan is to discontinue bus service from the Skyliner resorts (Riviera, CBR, Pop, AoA) to Epcot/DHS. [here] {added}

The Great Capex Recession
  • It seems that some of the projects announced and unannounced are being cut or scaled back due to reduction in allotted capex (capital expenditure budget). [here]
    • The D23-announced Main Street Theater looks to be definitely cut (or put off to some indefinite future).
    • It may likely be cancelling or putting off to much later the Coco overlay of Gran Fiesta [here]
      • OR... Coco may be back on. [here] and [here] {added}

Resorts

A Star Wars theme hotel with a two-night interactive component [strong, corroborated by official survey about such a resort] [confirmed at D23 2017]
  • it may even open at the same time with the Land! [here]
    • and probably won't be able to in time [here] {added}
  • Likely Site is Project H in this permit [here]
    • Project H***** is the SW Resort [here]
    • And it stands for "Hubble" [here] and [here] {added}
Epcot Main Entrance: Brand new resort complexes in the area of Epcot entrance (not Crescent Lake), four in the running [at least two somewhat likely]
  • Epcot Main Entrance: Brand new resort complexes in the area of Epcot entrance (not Crescent Lake), four in the running [at least two somewhat likely]
    • Exploratory borings for a new Epcot retention pond seems likely to indicate new building in the area [here]
    • Perhaps even a park entrance resort like MiraCosta at DisneySea [here]
    • Expect one resort by 2021 or two resorts to be done by 2023 [here]
    • Narrowed down to three locations [here] {added}
      • the inside the park option has been dropped; the three remaining are: Park Entrance; on the current bus site; west of the bus site. [here] {added}
      • and the central one is the less likely one [here] {added}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom