Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

bcoachable

I'm just worried that they'll replace Harambe Village with Wakanda. Nothing bad about the movie, of course, but I feel Harambe has such a unique atmosphere to it.
I got a vibe that Wakanda might be a better fit in the “new” future world at Epcot Center (alongside and with Guardians)

FigmentJedi

I'm just worried that they'll replace Harambe Village with Wakanda. Nothing bad about the movie, of course, but I feel Harambe has such a unique atmosphere to it.
I got a vibe that Wakanda might be a better fit in the “new” future world at Epcot Center (alongside and with Guardians)
Good thing Black Panther appears to be one of the Avengers in Universal's contract between this random mural in the Cap restaurant at IOA and Disney only having a Black Panther meet and greet on the West Coast at the moment.
CapDinerAntMan_glover-700x466.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Black Panther can not be in Epcot.

Black Panther can not be in DAK.

Black Panther can not be in DHS.

Black Panther can not be in MaK.

Black Panther can not be in a boat.

Black Panther can not be with a goat.

Black Panther can not be with Woody or Ham.

Black Panther can not be in WDW, Sam-I-am.

Last edited:

J. D.

Black Panther can not be in MK.

Black Panther taking over Seuss Landing at IOA confirmed!

GlacierGlacier

(I mean technically he could be on a boat as long as the boat never enters any of the theme parks but I do have to agree that he should never be with a goat.)

Mike S

Good thing Black Panther appears to be one of the Avengers in Universal's contract between this random mural in the Cap restaurant at IOA and Disney only having a Black Panther meet and greet on the West Coast at the moment.
CapDinerAntMan_glover-700x466.jpg
I guess that means no Ant-Man either.

Two birds with one stone!!!

Disneyhead'71

Ummm, I'm not sure I saw the same Avatar movie you guys did. The one I saw wasn't about conservation. It was about evil corporations murdering indigenous people to take their unobtanium ore. And how, even as tech compromised the native were, they defiantly defended their homeland. Good vs evil. Right vs Wrong.

peter11435

Ummm, I'm not sure I saw the same Avatar movie you guys did. The one I saw wasn't about conservation. It was about evil corporations murdering indigenous people to take their unobtanium ore. And how, even as tech compromised the native were, they defiantly defended their homeland. Good vs evil. Right vs Wrong.
The concept of destroying pandora to mine for unobtanium is not unlike the concept of killing animals for ivory (poachers on Kilimanjaro), or destroying rainforests for profit (deforestation seen on Kali). The movie like the park explores the concept that there is value in nature beyond just what it provides to humans.

The navi weren’t protecting the land simply because it was their home. They were protecting the natural ecosystem of the planet. The basic definition of conservation.

It certainly could be broken down to a story of good vs evil. But in the case of Avatar. Good represents nature and evil represents man. Which is fitting for a park that is based on mans relationship with nature both positive and negative.

Mike S

The concept of destroying pandora to mine for unobtanium is not unlike the concept of killing animals for ivory (poachers on Kilimanjaro), or destroying rainforests for profit (deforestation seen on Kali). The movie like the park explores the concept that there is value in nature beyond just what it provides to humans.

The navi weren’t protecting the land simply because it was their home. They were protecting the natural ecosystem of the planet. The basic definition of conservation.

It certainly could be broken down to a story of good vs evil. But in the case of Avatar. Good represents nature and evil represents man. Which is fitting for a park that is based on mans relationship with nature both positive and negative.
And before anyone brings it up the whole universe is part of “nature,” not just earth.

In reality, due to that vastness, we’re not even a speck of importance.

Disneyhead'71

Still waiting on DisneyNATURE to do a film about an alien planet.

And you have no idea how shocked I was tuning in to BBC's Blue Planet and finding out it wasn't about Na'vi.

Not to mention, "conservation" isn't mentioned a single time in any of the Avatar attractions that are supposedly about conservation.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Personally, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange have been the weakest two movies so far. I don't think they should have more than a meet n greet presence anyway.

I don't think Ant-Man is viable in Orlando. Is that right?! But a reworked Honey I Shrunk the Audience scenario comes to mind. The IP could also work in SGE building with some heavy modifications. Dr. Strange was the better film IMO but both could be worked into themepark attractions. The Tower of Terror to Dr Strange overlay has been mentioned on several occasions. Or as a newly built ride. Should they? That's a matter of opinion. I think they have the potential to make great attractions.

Last edited:

Ripken10

Avator on box office mojo is the #1 movie in regards to the environment...so obviously he is not the only one that doesn't see it the way you do. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=environment.htm

Disneyhead'71

Avator on box office mojo is the #1 movie in regards to the environment...so obviously he is not the only one that doesn't see it the way you do. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=environment.htm
It is the top grossing movie that has an environmental component. Wall.E is number 2, which I guess would also be a perfect fit for the Animal park.

I am curious as to why they didn't open Pandora on Earth Day like everything else in the park has?

peter11435

It is the top grossing movie that has an environmental component. Wall.E is number 2, which I guess would also be a perfect fit for the Animal park.

No. But even it would be a better fit than Indy.

I am curious as to why they didn't open Pandora on Earth Day like everything else in the park has?

Because it wasn’t ready.

Kman101

Which is a real shame.

I'd take Wakanda at Animal Kingdom, they could put it where the train station is, in that area. I can't picture it anywhere else, not even at DHS. Just because DHS is a theme park about the movies I don't know that every movie IP should be shoved there (though I guess that's kind of moot since that's what they kind of have done). Just like when people suggested Frozen for DHS. I just couldn't picture walking into that world from the hub of the park, though I'd have taken it over putting it into Epcot, though I might have been more open to FEA as an extension of the Norway pavilion, and updating Maelstrom into something else). I guess it's because Indy and Star Wars have been there from virtually the start so they "fit" for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom