Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, if Disney renamed the Africa section of AK to "Wakanda" it would put a definite kibosh on Indiana Jones resettling there...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think Ant-Man is viable in Orlando. Is that right?! But a reworked Honey I Shrunk the Audience scenario comes to mind. The IP could also work in SGE building with some heavy modifications. Dr. Strange was the better film IMO but both could be worked into themepark attractions. The Tower of Terror to Dr Strange overlay has been mentioned on several occasions. Or as a newly built ride. Should they? That's a matter of opinion. I think they have the potential to make great attractions.

No to Ant-Man.

The only two MCU characters that can be used in the Orlando parks are Doctor Strange and GotG (the newer team, not the older one almost no one but older comic fans know about).

It's possible that Ms. Marvel could be used since her relationship with the Avengers and X-Men has been in and out (and, at times, adversarial) and was never used by Marvel's Island of Adventure.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
No to Ant-Man.

The only two MCU characters that can be used in the Orlando parks are Doctor Strange and GotG (the newer team, not the older one almost no one but older comic fans know about).

It's possible that Ms. Marvel could be used since her relationship with the Avengers and X-Men has been in and out (and, at times, adversarial) and was never used by Marvel's Island of Adventure.

I would think Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel would be ruled out because the name "Marvel" can't be used in the parks. Still think Doctor Strange has a good shot though.

DisneyFan18

Dumb question, but couldn’t they use Wakanda as a place even if not using Black Panther as a character within the Land? Like one attraction could be an expedition about Wakanda’s Wildlife, that shows it’s possible to have balance between nature and technology and end up meeting Bast? Or a coaster based on a high speed chase through the Vibranium mines as we help Shuri stop Ulisses Klaw?

BrianLo

I find all this talk about can Disney or can they not use Marvel property X, Y, Z silly when they have 30 other perfectly in demand IP that are very under-utilized. IP any other major studio would jump the gun to have. Even simple recent low-hanging fruit like Zootopia, Inside Out, Jungle Book, etc. Pixar's back catelogue that are not Toys/Fish or renaissance era films not called Little Mermaid.

Meanwhile the Islands of IP competitor up the street has a very minor handful of serviceable options they actually own. Jurassic World, a few Illumination pics that are ho-hum and long in the tooth Dreamworks properties. Whereas they have the actual keys to the kingdom (Marvel) that they seem too oddly content letting also go under-utilized. Spiderman notwithstanding.

It's kind of baffling that two companies are squandering Marvel.

Rodan75

I find all this talk about can Disney or can they not use Marvel property X, Y, Z silly when they have 30 other perfectly in demand IP that are very under-utilized. IP any other major studio would jump the gun to have. Even simple recent low-hanging fruit like Zootopia, Inside Out, Jungle Book, etc. Pixar's back catelogue that are not Toys/Fish or renaissance era films not called Little Mermaid.

Meanwhile the Islands of IP competitor up the street has a very minor handful of serviceable options they actually own. Jurassic World, a few Illumination pics that are ho-hum and long in the tooth Dreamworks properties. Whereas they have the actual keys to the kingdom (Marvel) that they seem too oddly content letting also go under-utilized. Spiderman notwithstanding.

It's kind of baffling that two companies are squandering Marvel.

I think there is a reason for that. If you want to see superheroes, go to your local Six Flags. I don’t think the Marvel characters have a history of drawing attendance to IoA. So both parks have been slower to take advantage of what we think is an easy win. Plus I kinda think Uni is holding onto Marvel as more of a bargaining chip at the moment.

Not to say that Spider-Man and The Hulk aren’t excellent rides. But I’m not sure either Disney or Universal saw enough potential in Marvel as a unique Park draw different from DC at Six Flags until recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom