Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

WDWbuff2001

They are so worried about sightline issues, you could see the chinese theater from the coaster. I hope you can't see it when your on the ground or on the coaster depending on the angles of the track,
TSLsightlineissues.png

Fantasmicguy

They are so worried about sightline issues, you could see the chinese theater from the coaster. I hope you can't see it when your on the ground or on the coaster depending on the angles of the track,View attachment 264751
It's not that big of a deal. Think we're good as long as we don't see the track from the theatre. I mean you can see the Tower of Terror from pretty much anywhere in the studios and that's not too big of a deal.

andysol

7DMT tops at 34 mph. Do we really think SDD will be slower?

It might hit that- but I think it’ll be slower based on the pitch angles and video we’ve seen. Although without knowing the launch speed it’s impossible to know.

I thought it was going to be the slowest launch coaster ever built from the beginning. Which is fine, considering the demographic it’s targeting and one of the most glaring needs of DHS.

Those who were expecting this to be like Mack’s normal launch coasters were in for disappointment from the beginning considering they all have multiple inversions and speeds of 62mph with the exception of Manta at 43mph. Talk about unrealistic expectations.

bhg469

Its great for what it is but its just not enough. There is no way they will have done enough to soften the blow of galaxy's edge. When that opens, people will flock to that park and it is in no way prepared enough to handle that influx of people. It will be dead at Epcot and DAK though. If anyone has a trip planned during that time, it should be pretty magical with the exception of the nightmare that will be happening at studios.

disneygeek90

Its great for what it is but its just not enough. There is no way they will have done enough to soften the blow of galaxy's edge. When that opens, people will flock to that park and it is in no way prepared enough to handle that influx of people. It will be dead at Epcot and DAK though. If anyone has a trip planned during that time, it should be pretty magical with the exception of the nightmare that will be happening at studios.
I don’t see how SWGE makes DAK dead. FoP is consistently with a 3 hour wait and overall is arguably the best park. Even after a few years, I don’t see it happening. If anything, it will bring more tourists to WDW (because that’s what we need). There will be other days people will want to go to different parks. Contrary to popular belief, the world doesn’t revolve around Star Wars.

awelpjourneys

Maybe I'm just more optimistic than most here, but after seeing this latest concept art and the video of the coaster, I'm really excited to (hopefully) experience this on our mid-July trip. I think it fills a void that DHS is missing for the younger--and young-at-heart--set. These aren't thrill attractions, to be sure, and I'm glad for that. I don't ride many coasters (not a fan of speed, heights, or inversion), but it appears as though I'll be able to ride SDD without much trepidation. Other than battling the insane crowds we'll most likely encounter, I'm not seeing any negatives to this new land.

bhg469

I don’t see how SWGE makes DAK dead. FoP is consistently with a 3 hour wait and overall is arguably the best park. Even after a few years, I don’t see it happening. If anything, it will bring more tourists to WDW (because that’s what we need). There will be other days people will want to go to different parks. Contrary to popular belief, the world doesn’t revolve around Star Wars.
It will be more than potter level insanity. Sure FoP will still draw but only because it is the new thing to do. And no the world doesn't revolve around star wars but for a few years, it absolutely will seem like it. As far as more tourists? Yes... that is exactly what they want. It doesn't matter that there is no slow season anymore, they want those parks crammed with people every single day with every ride, meal and show pre determined before they get there. Tourists are by far the most important group that they care about.

AKL2003

Im obviously beating a dead horse here...but there would be alot less pessimism if TDO hadnt completely cut a third phase/land from the original plans. I think people are disappointed that this is pretty much (at this point in time) half of a very expensive and long promised upgrade to a park that needs so much more!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was anyone thinking that?

They thought that, too, with the GotG coaster.

Can't blame them. When I hear "coaster" I always think high speed and thrills. The fact that BTMR, 7DMT, and EE aren't called "coasters" seems to fit in that they're not really the big thrill ride of a "real coaster" but another creature that happens to make use of a coaster system. But RnRC has "coaster" in the name and it is indeed a bit thrilling.

So... while WDW has been calling Slinky, "Slinky Dog Dash," during construction, however, we kept calling it a "coaster" which brings about misunderstood expectations.

It's not a coaster people... it's a "dash"!!

Goofyernmost

They thought that, too, with the GotG coaster.

Can't blame them. When I hear "coaster" I always think high speed and thrills. The fact that BTMR, 7DMT, and EE aren't called "coasters" seems to fit in that they're not really the big thrill ride of a "real coaster" but another creature that happens to make use of a coaster system. But RnRC has "coaster" in the name and it is indeed a bit thrilling.
Well, maybe the words Toy Coaster covers that little problem. Who knows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom