Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It looks pretty much the same to me.

Structure on the right has the open lid, one on the left doesn't...
1518820143876.png

Structure on the left has the open lid detail, structure on the right doesn't
1518820188461.png

DisneyPrincess5

My longing for an opening date has finally happened. Looks like it’ll open a month after our trip. I’m sad as it would’ve been great to see it this trip as I don’t know when we’ll be back after that, but we’ll make lemonade from lemons and be grateful that the park and hopefully Wdw as a whole now won’t be super crowded from a grand opening.

peter11435

Structure on the right has the open lid, one on the left doesn't...
View attachment 264595

Structure on the left has the open lid detail, structure on the right doesn't
View attachment 264596
The structure on the left with the open lid in the construction picture is the structure on the right with the open lid in the artwork. The structure on the right in the construction picture is not pictured in the concept art.

The marquee entrance seen on the left in the artwork is not yet installed. It is more of a sign/prop than an actual building.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The structure on the left with the open lid in the construction picture is the structure on the right with the open lid in the artwork. The structure on the right in the construction picture is not pictured in the concept art.

The marquee entrance seen on the left in the artwork is not yet installed. It is more of a sign/prop than an actual building.

Thanks, I see it now.

Club34

I know it's still just in testing but I swear it's going slower than what I would assume is it's intended speed. IDK.

yes, i thought it would have a bit more zip. i wasn't expecting thrill ride but why did they have to use such a gigacoaster-like structure for such a tame ride? durability?

mikejs78

Premium Member
After seeing that slow video- you have to reconsider this now, right? You gave me some serious flack for saying it would be the slowest launch coaster out there at 25-30mph and a height requirement at or under 40” - like Fire chaser
7DMT tops at 34 mph. Do we really think SDD will be slower?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Really looks tame...I mean, remove the slinky/toy story theming and it looks like a generic coaster you'd expect to see at a pop-up carnival/funfair. Pretty underwhelming.

Being "family friendly" is quite intentional from the slowness to the smallness of the seating. It was always going to be as tame as 7DMT and not anything like RnRC.

yes, i thought it would have a bit more zip. i wasn't expecting thrill ride but why did they have to use such a gigacoaster-like structure for such a tame ride? durability?

Everything is overbuilt since WDW has no off season for annual refurb. The train's gotta run on average 10 hours a day every day forever until they're force to do a refurb.

Last edited:

Disneyfan_76

I'm bummed about the June opening. We will be there the first few weeks of May. Just going to miss this opening and my daughter is a huge toy story fan. Oh well, at least we will have midway mania.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom