Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Nickels5

In the long run this could be a gain for DHS, a loss for somewhere else and a third location winning or loosing depending on your point of view.
Gotta think the loss is for magic kingdom, there’s no way Martin would say it’s a loss for Epcot. And the winning or losing is definitely animal kingdom replacing Dino land. So for me it’s two wins and one loss.

HauntedMansionFLA

Another boat ride - of significant length - would be welcome in DAK. The other two, both somewhat short, are enjoyable on their own merits, but a longer ride would be terrific. I enjoy variability within a park. The DAK headliners offer that currently. I real water ride would just add to that. I still think that a killer Jungle Book dark ride in Asia would be a bona fide homerun.
Cuing up the John Williams Indiana Jones music would bring a smile to my face.

doctornick

DHS needs (new) Indy more than AK.

This. DHS needs more rides beyond was is announced and Indy is a much better fit for that park. Sounds like nothing is decided yet, so I won't hold my breath, but I'd be happy with a plan to put a high quality Indy water ride in DHS.

The park could use more beyond that, but every bit helps. I'm still hoping that the Animation/Launch Bay site eventually gets replaced to expand the offerings in the park.

As for DAK, it needs more as well, but Indy isn't the answer. There is plenty of better ideas -- even using IP if necessary -- that should go there. And there absolutely should continue to be a Dinosaur themed area in that park.

PizzaPlanet

The way I see it no matter where Indy goes in DHS it will be a huge improvement. Animation Courtyard would be ideal. But if Indy were to go in DAK we'd be losing DINOSAUR, which is a mistake for that park imo.

EPICOT

What if there’s two games of tug-o’-war going on. Each game involves one same park and one other park. The park that is playing both can’t win both.

A——B——C. Only two can win. MK is exempt.

I'm gonna guess B is DHS. It's fighting with AK (A) for Indy. C would be EPCOT but I'm not quite sure what it would be caught between these two parks.

If DHS gets Indy then EPCOT doesn't get the unknown attraction (DHS does). If DHS gets the unknown attraction, AK gets Indy and EPCOT gets neither of these attractions.

ToTBellHop

I'm gonna guess B is DHS. It's fighting with AK (A) for Indy. C would be EPCOT but I'm not quite sure what it would be caught between these two parks.

If DHS gets Indy then EPCOT doesn't get the unknown attraction (DHS does). If DHS gets the unknown attraction, AK gets Indy and EPCOT gets neither of these attractions.
While we all agree Epcot needs a lot of thematic work, I’d argue DHS and DAK need big projects more than what Epcot’s already getting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Yeah, based on insiders, it seems that AK and DHS are battling over Indy.

Now what is Epcot battling over?
  • A full-fledged Coco ride in DHS v. the overlay in Mexico?
  • A sudden pulling of Mary Poppins out of UK and into DHS?
  • More superheroes (that are allowed: Doctor Strange, Incredibles, Big Hero 6) v. DHS?
  • One of the cloned FoP-mechanics rides v. DHS?

Stripes

Shanghai Pirates tech? This is probably the "water ride" alluded by many to be considered for DHS.
In the long run this could be a gain for DHS, a loss for somewhere else and a third location winning or loosing depending on your point of view.
Wow, I'm actually surprised they are planning this! I'm not going to try to make sense of Martin's comments, other than to understand we will know what he means in time. I'm genuinely excited though! I suppose the only question I have is if this project is stable, aka will it actually get built or be put on the shelf a la Monsters Inc Door Coaster or RSR?

Last edited:

britain

Could be quite an immersive experience, but can the Shanghai Pirates tech provide a ride that FEELS as action packed as the DL Indy Jeep ride? Despite all the piratey action you see around you, the boats themselves are pretty slow moving.

Still, I’d love to see what they could come up with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom