Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Haymarket2008

Ya’ll......there was always going to be a land dedicated to imagined/fictional animals. We just happened to get a full on culture that aligns with DAK’s themes. I think it fits better than Beastly Kingdom would have, but that’s just me. It fits the mission statement *shrugs*.

Phicinfan

And Dinosaurs/prehistoric animals are a crucial part of DAK and need to stay. Dinorama is NOT the answer.
This! I don't care what they do, keep the Dinosaurs but put some real effort in the land to make it better. Dinorama is a mess. I could live with Indy, if it was put in the correct light and focused on prehistoric culture and the protection of such.

MrHappy

I think the overall concensus is Dinorama is cheesy and out of place. At least the majority all agree with that.
Yes. But I really have a hard time with Indy turning into some type of Jurassic Park employee. He's an archaeologist and professor, and from the (relatively) modern day.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now I just squint and pretend that dragon is a banshee.

TWaGkib.png

njDizFan

Jungles, forests, savannahs, ancient ruins are not a theme...they are a place. They exist as a setting to tell a story related to the theme. When you are exploring ideas like the conservation of nature, obviously nature and animals will take a front seat in the story. And that is why Pandora works both thematically and is visually cohesive.
Visually Indy is almost a perfect fit (if you are considering existing Disney IPs). That for me is not enough.

Haymarket2008

Jungles, forests, savannahs, ancient ruins are not a theme...they are a place. They exist as a setting to tell a story related to the theme. When you are exploring ideas like the conservation of nature, obviously nature and animals will take a front seat in the story. And that is why Pandora works both thematically and is visually cohesive.
Visually Indy is almost a perfect fit (if you are considering existing Disney IPs). That for me is not enough.

Ding, ding, ding! You hit it right on the head.

Jones14

IJ in Dinoland is possible, but possible does not mean warranted. The focus would have to shift to him in order for a strong presence to be established, and Dinoland’s problems lie in its execution (DinoRama, carnival rides and games, odd layout), not its focus (the dinosaurs).

Don’t waste money altering the focus when you’ve got plenty of execution problems that, if fixed, can save the area.

Bairstow

Yes. But I really have a hard time with Indy turning into some type of Jurassic Park employee. He's an archaeologist and professor, and from the (relatively) modern day.

Modern day, nothing.
Jones as a character is expressly married to the 1930s and the pulp movie serials that lead to his creation. If there's not Nazis and gangsters around for him to punch, the character doesn't belong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom