Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

larandtra

Dinorama needs to go but there are many ways to replace it that don’t involve an IP that doesn’t fit. Theres a nearly endless amount of concepts that would fit so there’s no reason to resort to one that simply does not.
Fair enough. And I have heard many many usggestions that did not involve an IP, all fo which seemed very good for the park as a whole. Maybe they will eventually choose one of those.

Squirrel29

The problem is not that it’s an IP. The problem is that it’s an IP that does fit or belong in the park. There are half a dozen IP’s in the park already and they all fit. This one does not.

IJ would work in AK as far as being immersed in the region's. IJ is a explorer and discover. Asian and Africa are beautiful parts of the park and you get a feeling you are actually there to point. Pandora feels like a real area. Dinoland doesn't have that feeling.

IJ could tie in 3/5 of the park as a round the world tour. I thought the main point of WDW was immersion. I pointed out in my first post how animals and conservation could be tied in. But to dismiss what IJ could bring to AK is missing a great use of the IP. IJ land would be misplaced in DH and be swallowed by SW. AK needs a boost.

peter11435

Fair enough. And I have heard many many usggestions that did not involve an IP, all fo which seemed very good for the park as a whole. Maybe they will eventually choose one of those.
Exactly. There’s so many options what would be great for the park both IP and non.

peter11435

IJ would work in AK as far as being immersed in the region's. IJ is a explorer and discover. Asian and Africa are beautiful parts of the park and you get a feeling you are actually there to point. Pandora feels like a real area. Dinoland doesn't have that feeling.

IJ could tie in 3/5 of the park as a round the world tour. I thought the main point of WDW was immersion. I pointed out in my first post how animals and conservation could be tied in. But to dismiss what IJ could bring to AK is missing a great use of the IP. IJ land would be misplaced in DH and be swallowed by SW. AK needs a boost.
The theme of AK is not immersion. That’s the goal of all Disney parks not just dak. Carsland is immersive too but doesn’t belong at the park. There’s no reason to turn the IP into something it’s not to fit the park. Especially when there are two other parks at WDW that the IP could be implemented without having to compromise the IP or the park.

KrazyKat

I’ve said it before but I don’t think AK has much of an aquatic animals presence there. The earth is 2/3 water filled with all kinds of sea life. Get rid of the C&H road side thing and add either Crush’s Coaster from Paris or a better version of Nemo & Friends Searider from Tokyo (why not both?). Add in a bunch of fish and sea creature displays for people to check out while going through the que lines. I know some argued that we have this already at Epcot, but it is called Animal Kingdom and would fit in nicely right next to the Finding Nemo musical. Walla, a land dedicated to sea life.

Mainahman

I’ve said it before but I don’t think AK has much of an aquatic animals presence there. The earth is 2/3 water filled with all kinds of sea life. Get rid of the C&H road side thing and add either Crush’s Coaster from Paris or a better version of Nemo & Friends Searider from Tokyo (why not both?). Add in a bunch of fish and sea creature displays for people to check out while going through the que lines. I know some argued that we have this already at Epcot, but it is called Animal Kingdom and would fit in nicely right next to the Finding Nemo musical. Walla, a land dedicated to sea life.
SIgn me up! i love fish!

Disneyhead'71

Temple of the Jaguars Chichén Itzá
Animals and Archeology together. See, it wasn't that hard.

jaguar_temple-56a01e3f3df78cafdaa032fd.jpg

njDizFan

Indy is an archaeologist and it would fit very well with Dinosaurs. I dont think you lose dinosaurs by adding Indy. Indy, the character, has great respect for history and the sanctity of life, both human and animal. He doesnt like snakes or giant ants. OK, not many people do. Its not out of the ordinary for someone in an industry to not like some part of the industry they work in. I think Indy would be fine because the cheapness of Dinoland is awful. It could be more rustic, more realistic, and not as cartoonish. And as far as the Dragon goes...well I guess we will have to wait, hope, and see someday.
Too bad Indy wasn't a paleontologist then he would at least relate to dinosaurs in general(archaeology is a branch of anthropology that deals with humans). Then too bad we have to shoehorn in an IP in order to have updates to one of the world's greatest theme parks. And finally too bad we have to stretch the actual theme of the park to accommodate the whole mess. But we have been talking about this for 100 pages....

Disneyhead'71

This whole argument is ridiculous. We already have a space alien land in our nature park, and I don't care how many times you guys scream "Conservation!". It doesn't fit, AT ALL!

Putting Indy in a S. American temple would be no more shoehorning than having the drummers in Africa. Please, remind me again how the drummers reinforce the "animal" theme?

MrHappy

Indy as an IP strikes me more as a Hollywood spectacle/production, classic Spielberg - better fit for HS. Sure, Indy's adventures are in India, the Amazon, and Europe - but I think it's lazy to link to AK based on that. Aesthetically there are matches, every other aspect is a reach making the retro fit shallow to me. Keep Indy for what it is, a big time movie and Indy a fictional folk hero. I like the Sea Idea, or better yet, keep Dino's but plus the area to something more dramatic.

Disneyhead'71

Indy as an IP strikes me more as a Hollywood spectacle/production, classic Spielberg - better fit for HS. Sure, Indy's adventures are in India, the Amazon, and Europe - but I think it's lazy to link to AK based on that. Aesthetically there are matches, every other aspect is a reach making the retro fit shallow to me. Keep Indy for what it is, a big time movie and Indy a fictional folk hero. I like the Sea Idea, or better yet, keep Dino's but plus the area to something more dramatic.
DHS is exclusive urban environs. Raiders of the Millenial Tap House sounds lame.

peter11435

This whole argument is ridiculous. We already have a space alien land in our nature park, and I don't care how many times you guys scream "Conservation!". It doesn't fit, AT ALL!

Putting Indy in a S. American temple would be no more shoehorning than having the drummers in Africa. Please, remind me again how the drummers reinforce the "animal" theme?

Actually pandora does fit. Quite well actually.

The drummers in Africa are a minor element that contribute to the overall sense of place established within Harambe. Harambe does not exist to showcase the drummers.

MrHappy

I'll reply to this my friend. The drummers are to add ambiance and streetsmosphere to make one believe that they are in the town of Harambe and about to set off on a safari adventure to view the African wildlife. I doubt any African village sells Dole Whips with Rum floaters too, some things you just need to embrace ;)

MrHappy

Which is kind of the point....The Drummers belong... and it would also not seem odd to think that Indiana Jones mught be exploring a crumbling temple on the outskirts of a jungle.... They both thematically fit.
I think that's lazy (not you, the idea). Yes Indy has gone in some temples, and AK has a temple or two. So?
If you bring the Indy character to life in that way, it seems like a forced overlay to me. Stop trying to bring him to life, let him live as a movie icon at HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom