Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

larandtra

I know there is a large portion of the fan base who doesnt like change at all. Some dont like it if it makes no sense. We may as well accept that IPs will become a huge part of every park. If you are going to use a movie IP for AK, IJ fits it as well, if not better, than anything. And it can be done tastefully and respectfully within the scope of the park, be relevant, and has a ton of possibilities for attractions that fit.

KrazyKat

I’d much prefer IJ at DHS.
IF they removed Dinoland(which I think most guests actually enjoy) that would mean another creature missing from the AK sign.

Of course they could always make a new sign but they’ve gone this far with a dragon on it.
B6A3631E-B35D-44F4-8B12-A8EE9DA1DC27.jpeg

KrazyKat

I’m no fan of the C&H section but Dinosaur and even primeval whirl usually have pretty long wait times. Of course they’re aren’t enough attractions at AK.

ElBendro

I’m no fan of the C&H section but Dinosaur and even primeval whirl usually have pretty long wait times. Of course they’re aren’t enough attractions at AK.

Can't speak for Dinosaur, but typically when we had long waittimes at Prime it was due to understaffing, at which point CMs from Boneyard, Nemo, and Dinosaur who were cross trained were pulled. And even then we'd only be operating one side of Prime.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know there is a large portion of the fan base who doesnt like change at all. Some dont like it if it makes no sense. We may as well accept that IPs will become a huge part of every park. If you are going to use a movie IP for AK, IJ fits it as well, if not better, than anything. And it can be done tastefully and respectfully within the scope of the park, be relevant, and has a ton of possibilities for attractions that fit.
Dinosaur is already an IP.

It works. Don’t mess with it. Just plus it.

Bocabear

I'd rather they keep Dinosaur, plus it, and replace C&H with something better with a Dino theme....
Even if they had built a show building around Primeval Whirl and gave it some great visual effects it would be better... Drop the carny theme and games and flesh out the story of a great Dinosaur dig found in the desert off Route 66...without the carnival... More real...more scientific and relate the dinosaurs to our current Flora and Fauna...Or would it all end up too similar to Jurassic Park?

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

I'd rather they keep Dinosaur, plus it, and replace C&H with something better with a Dino theme....
I will say though that no matter what dinosaur-relevant thing replaces C&H, I feel like they should still keep Cementosaurus just because its the one part of Dinorama that actually felt like part of a real roadside attraction and it's just a nice icon for the area.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm very torn on this idea. I enjoy Dinosaur but I'm kind of surprised this iteration has lasted so long. With the parks aiming for the kidlets ... but I don't want to lose a dinosaur presence.

Indy could work in AK. I know some find it the end of the world but it doesn't have to be.

I feel either Indy or the Dino's would benefit from a flume/boat ride. Imagine falling over "the falls" in one of these rides? So fun. Would love a water ride at DHS. An Indy ride on the level of Shanghai's Pirates with a LARGE drop. I'd be one of the first in line.
Might as well put in Star Wars Ewok village too

MichRX7

Premium Member
Even if they had built a show building around Primeval Whirl and gave it some great visual effects it would be better... Drop the carny theme and games and flesh out the story of a great Dinosaur dig found in the desertt off Route 66...without the carnival... More real...more scientific and relate the dinosaurs to our current Flora dn Fauna...Or would it all end up too similar to Jurassic Park?

And there you have it, a new location for Cars Land! Lightning McQueen finds dinosaurs while out for a drive with Sally Carrera. Now Indiana Jones can go in DHS. You sir are a genius.

larandtra

Indy is an archaeologist and it would fit very well with Dinosaurs. I dont think you lose dinosaurs by adding Indy. Indy, the character, has great respect for history and the sanctity of life, both human and animal. He doesnt like snakes or giant ants. OK, not many people do. Its not out of the ordinary for someone in an industry to not like some part of the industry they work in. I think Indy would be fine because the cheapness of Dinoland is awful. It could be more rustic, more realistic, and not as cartoonish. And as far as the Dragon goes...well I guess we will have to wait, hope, and see someday.

peter11435

The problem is not that it’s an IP. The problem is that it’s an IP that does fit or belong in the park. There are half a dozen IP’s in the park already and they all fit. This one does not.

larandtra

Dinosaur is already an IP.

It works. Don’t mess with it. Just plus it.
I agree. Just plus it. Thats cool. But the carnival part needs to go and an Indy addition would tie all of it together. Dinosaur fits the dig theme, then you could do an Indy ride ( flume or coaster) or "gulp" both??? I know, crazy to think it could be done, but, the carnival has to go.

peter11435

Indy is an archaeologist and it would fit very well with Dinosaurs. I dont think you lose dinosaurs by adding Indy. Indy, the character, has great respect for history and the sanctity of life, both human and animal. He doesnt like snakes or giant ants. OK, not many people do. Its not out of the ordinary for someone in an industry to not like some part of the industry they work in. I think Indy would be fine because the cheapness of Dinoland is awful. It could be more rustic, more realistic, and not as cartoonish. And as far as the Dragon goes...well I guess we will have to wait, hope, and see someday.
Archaeology and paleontology are not interchangeable.

larandtra

The problem is not that it’s an IP. The problem is that it’s an IP that does fit or belong in the park. There are half a dozen IP’s in the park already and they all fit. This one does not.
So how do you clean up the mess and disaster of the cheap carnival? Even if it isnt an IP. I think Indy works, you dont. Thats cool. These are the better debates. What fits.

peter11435

So how do you clean up the mess and disaster of the cheap carnival? Even if it isnt an IP. I think Indy works, you dont. Thats cool. These are the better debates. What fits.
Dinorama needs to go but there are many ways to replace it that don’t involve an IP that doesn’t fit. Theres a nearly endless amount of concepts that would fit so there’s no reason to resort to one that simply does not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom