• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

MrHappy

Advertisement
I think the overall concensus is Dinorama is cheesy and out of place. At least the majority all agree with that.
Yes. But I really have a hard time with Indy turning into some type of Jurassic Park employee. He's an archaeologist and professor, and from the (relatively) modern day.

njDizFan

Jungles, forests, savannahs, ancient ruins are not a theme...they are a place. They exist as a setting to tell a story related to the theme. When you are exploring ideas like the conservation of nature, obviously nature and animals will take a front seat in the story. And that is why Pandora works both thematically and is visually cohesive.
Visually Indy is almost a perfect fit (if you are considering existing Disney IPs). That for me is not enough.

atighe42

Jungles, forests, savannahs, ancient ruins are not a theme...they are a place. They exist as a setting to tell a story related to the theme. When you are exploring ideas like the conservation of nature, obviously nature and animals will take a front seat in the story. And that is why Pandora works both thematically and is visually cohesive.
Visually Indy is almost a perfect fit (if you are considering existing Disney IPs). That for me is not enough.
Ding, ding, ding! You hit it right on the head.

Dutch Inn '76

Indiana Jones or Jungle Book should have gone in the place of Pandora, so adding it now is fine with me.

...but methinks they need to spend that money on Epcot first.

Jones14

IJ in Dinoland is possible, but possible does not mean warranted. The focus would have to shift to him in order for a strong presence to be established, and Dinoland’s problems lie in its execution (DinoRama, carnival rides and games, odd layout), not its focus (the dinosaurs).

Don’t waste money altering the focus when you’ve got plenty of execution problems that, if fixed, can save the area.

CalebS

Demolish dinorama and put a good dark ride or coaster or even boat ride about dinosaurs there and put a thrilling indiana jones boat ride in DHS with shanghai tech but a big drop

Bairstow

Yes. But I really have a hard time with Indy turning into some type of Jurassic Park employee. He's an archaeologist and professor, and from the (relatively) modern day.
Modern day, nothing.
Jones as a character is expressly married to the 1930s and the pulp movie serials that lead to his creation. If there's not Nazis and gangsters around for him to punch, the character doesn't belong.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
“Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn.” - Michael Eisner
Michael Eisner doesn't work there any more.

Indy could run across a paleontologist in the jungle who needs help. And saving. Because she's pretty. And she needs to be mansplained how dangerous it is to be in the jungle alone. And to do her job.

On second thought...
And here we go again with "We Wants The Redhead!"

Top Bottom