Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What famous theater should they put up?

If they stick with the L.A. theming...

1517288656672.png

Perfect for projections!! [That's the Disney Concert Hall]

Or a very clean and sylized and very-forced-perspective Ace Hotel Theater...

1517289047660.png

1517289069537.png

1517289096460.png

A Century...

1517289438124.png

1517289472085.png

Or....

A Drive-In screen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you look at the (X) I've marked on this pic taken from plethorist.com:
View attachment 260222

Some have speculated that this is the exit for Battle Escape, but I'm pretty sure it might just be a backstage gate leading to the path separating the two massive showbuildings.

I believe the exit for the ride can be seen in this photo taken from slashfilm:
View attachment 260224

It would make sense for the ride to exit roughly where it begins. I've also marked the entrance to the shuttle which I've explained previously, could be where we enter the preshow attraction.

The large horizontal cylinder structure seems to be the huge engine nozzle from a crashed ship- very evocative of where we first meet Rey scavenging in the Force Awakens. I've looked for better photos of this, but no one seems to have caught it at a good angle. The photo above was the only one where the path out of it was at least partially visible. The opposite end ploughs right into the ground along with another petrified spire, all surrounded by planters, so there's no other way leading inside, which makes me more certain this is an exit-only. The structure ends just to the left of the large opening illustrated in the top pic.

So what I'm wondering (and speculating) is this:
How exactly do we escape this battle? We know there is a section of the ride building that spans from the basement to the full height of the structure. Imagine a scene that will put the Spider-man skyscraper plummet to shame. As I said before, if the ride takes us from Batuu up to the orbiting Star Destroyer (the preshow) then it has to get us back down to Batuu by the end. So, if the engine wreck is the exit, then that also puts it just outside the full height portion of the showbuilding. So, my speculation is that the ride's finale is a crash landing, and we emerge from out the wreckage.

This structure is also quite large- if what I've guessed is true, could we even hope for some kind of post-show?

...or maybe it's just a gift shop
... or a bathroom.
The exit is indeed the red arrow in your second photo. The unload Hall is in the curved roof structure.

The first photo Red Cross is a backstage roadway gate.

britain

If you look at the (X) I've marked on this pic taken from plethorist.com:
View attachment 260222

Some have speculated that this is the exit for Battle Escape, but I'm pretty sure it might just be a backstage gate leading to the path separating the two massive showbuildings.

I believe the exit for the ride can be seen in this photo taken from slashfilm:
View attachment 260224

It would make sense for the ride to exit roughly where it begins. I've also marked the entrance to the shuttle which I've explained previously, could be where we enter the preshow attraction.

The large horizontal cylinder structure seems to be the huge engine nozzle from a crashed ship- very evocative of where we first meet Rey scavenging in the Force Awakens. I've looked for better photos of this, but no one seems to have caught it at a good angle. The photo above was the only one where the path out of it was at least partially visible. The opposite end ploughs right into the ground along with another petrified spire, all surrounded by planters, so there's no other way leading inside, which makes me more certain this is an exit-only. The structure ends just to the left of the large opening illustrated in the top pic.

So what I'm wondering (and speculating) is this:
How exactly do we escape this battle? We know there is a section of the ride building that spans from the basement to the full height of the structure. Imagine a scene that will put the Spider-man skyscraper plummet to shame. As I said before, if the ride takes us from Batuu up to the orbiting Star Destroyer (the preshow) then it has to get us back down to Batuu by the end. So, if the engine wreck is the exit, then that also puts it just outside the full height portion of the showbuilding. So, my speculation is that the ride's finale is a crash landing, and we emerge from out the wreckage.

This structure is also quite large- if what I've guessed is true, could we even hope for some kind of post-show?

...or maybe it's just a gift shop
... or a bathroom.

I have also speculated that we return via a crash, but look at the moss and greenery growing on the wreckage. I suspect that it's simply an old wreck that is being used by the Resistance as part of their hidden base. As far as how we return from the Star Destroyer, I'm expecting that our vehicle makes it to the escape pods, and then we get a very "New Hope" like view out the window of our pod while flying home to the Resistance base.

phi2134

Which? Backstage access and ride exit are all at grade.
Nevermind, i think it was just an illusion. I thought it looked like the area you were coming out from was a ramp and behind it was an empty road, but it looks more like a roof of a building now that i look at it again.

rle4lunch

Has Pandora been any type of learning experience since it is a new "land" with only two attractions that have consistently high wait times? Star Wars fans may not be as forgiving if they book a trip and have to wait 2-4 hours for the few attractions it will have?

I was just talking to my wife about this last week after we waited 140 minutes for avatar flight of passage. The problem Disney has is that they roll out one new ride every 10 years or so, making that attraction impossible to get on for 5 years unless you book your fp at midnight the day you're eligible.

HOPEFULLY, with the splattering of new rides here and there over the next few years this will help alleviate this problem.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Yeah, this is the thing that gets me, too. Pandora/FoP is a perfect example. It's a simulator. When you are spending that kind of dough on everything around them, it seems silly to build such comparatively few actual ride vehicles.
Pandora (and to an extent SWL) is a true statement of style over substance.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin mentioned on another thread that SWL will see waits of 2-3 hours just to get into the land when it first opens. Do others think that is realistic? I'm thinking it will be longer than that.

My guess is wait times at least as long as FoP/NRJ, and probably longer. In other words, I wouldn't be shocked to see 5-6 hour waits for SW:GE for months after it opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom