One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 1

Which Park Idea Would You Like to See in the Next Club 32?

• Total voters

kmbmw777

Up, Up, and Away

Up-new-lead.jpg

In this ride, guests board boats on a seemingly normal dark ride, yet after the front scene, balloons appear on the front and back of your boat and we take off Peter Pan style.

In the ride, Russel leads us on guided tours of Paradise Falls, but some of Muntz’s old dogs are out for revenge.

Go for a high flying adventure that’s fun for the whole family, located behind Expedition Everest.

BONUS: The Rainforest Cafe becomes the Pawnee City Hall, which guests can explore and take photos with wax figures of the cast.​

Disneylover152

Ice Age: Continental Drift
mc-t9lELcUdCirNNKX1aP1jt4A7fimWW1jmeGl84ddksp1lcWx0_x-YnFcRIj49ImgOltlbVTtf-ZGQJJahPQlCyQQ6DbhYXjtGx28-_t4bqyWFgGCpFSbySqrz1vIUB6I8amKOC

Coming to Dinoland USA, now known as Prehistoric Valley, the newest E-Ticket Dark ride will be replacing the DinoRama, based on the popular 20th Century Fox franchise, Ice Age.

Ice Age: Continental Drift will be, where you journey on your snowmobiles through Ice Age and the many caverns of “Mammoth Mountain” with your favorite pals from Ice Age until everything goes wrong as it is discovered that Pangea is splitting and you have to go escape the mountain before it collapses.

This new family friendly, 4-D dark ride experience based on the fourth installment of the franchise is sure to be popular with guests of all ages when it opens in 2023, for the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Bonus: Replacing The Rainforest Cafe, a new show starring the characters of 20th Century Fox’s Rio will replace the restaurant (keeping the rainforest theme), showing the importance of saving the environment, as a spiritual successor to the Circle of Life show in Epcot.

pixie_princess

Chester and Hester's Cretaceous Cruise

Dinos OSP #4 .jpg

Replacing (finally) Primeval Whirl, will be Chester and Hester's Cretaceous Cruise; a boat journey through the times of the dinosaurs, from the early Triassic to the late Cretaceous. However, being that this is Chester and Hester, the scientific integrity of this ride is a little... off; the dino's are colorful and cartoony, and the ride is a bit less than smooth. Set up in almost a mock-Small World style, this ride with have some basic animatronics and colorful backdrops of the various habitats, as well has the meteor shower that killed them all!

Bonus:
Rainforest Cafe will be replaced with a character dining experience similar to Chip and Dale's breakfast in the Storytellers Cafe, where you would get a wider array of foods compared to other character dining experiences and get to meet some harder to find animal friends such as Meeko from Pocahontas, Brier Fox from Song of the South, and other animal sidekicks.

Last edited:

D Hulk

Original Poster
REVIEWS
The Excavator

The Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama area has definitely outlived its time. Going in that area will be the originally planned ride, The Excavator, bring a second coaster to the park to alleviating some of the wait time for Everest. The Excavator will take guests through a large, excavated area where the ride vehicles will transport large amounts of dinosaur bones; of course, guests would need to go through these bones to pick them up.

Bonus: The Rainforest Cafe will be replaced with a new restaurant that is an AA style restaurant with each area in the restaurant representing a different land within the Animal Kingdom.
Finally bringing The Excavator to DAK would at last elevate Dinoland to its original intended form, strengthening the park’s overall theme. Too bad it’s a roller coaster, while this challenge was looking for a family dark ride.

Bonus: Doing AAs for each themed land is a great notion!​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Prehistoric World Adventure

cap934854LARGE.jpg

replacing part of chester and hester's, this spiritual successor to universe of energy's dinosaur scene and world of motion will take guests through an equally realistic and cartoonishly quirky prehistoric setting to see realistic dinosaur animatronics. The cartoonishness will keep guests from falling asleep like they did for universe of energy, while it will still be realistic enough to have some educational value to it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bonus: rainforest cafe will be replaced by a revamp of the tahtian terrance, with a tiki room style show hanging above the guests and dancers.
Right out of the gate we’re seeing lots of scalpels taken to Dinorama, which I fully expected. A great approach to this prompt. A dino dark ride would be great for guests too small or dizzy to do Dinosaur, and I love rescuing bits of Energy from extinction. Would like to know a little more about the ride’s story or its vehicles.

Bonus: Tahitian Terrace is something I wish I’d seen in its heyday, and I’ve no doubt Joe R. could give it a neat DAK-style spin.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Battle of the Dragons

Bringing back a portion of a DAK original idea, Battle of the Dragons has you right in the middle of a dragon battle, in 3D. Guests will file into a Star Tours ride "vehicle", then be whisked on their way right into a great 3D experience; the vehicles also have smellitizers (like Main Street, they fake the good smells) and surround sound, which makes a great experience for anyone. This ride will be to the right of Dinosaur, with a little courtyard.

Bonus: The Rainforest Cafe will turn into a Mayan Temple restaurant, with special shows on stage, as well as tons of AAs; in short, sort of like the Jungle Cruise temple interior at MK.
Ah, Beastly Kingdom! The overall concept of DAK is so rich, still so much remains untapped! I’m curious about how dragons could integrate into Dinoland. Doing this as a Star Tours style thrill ride sim is maybe redundant with Flights of Passage nearby, and this choice misses the “family friendly” component of the challenge.

Bonus: Sound neat, like a Mayan variation on a luau.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
View attachment 257450
Mines of Kali
Replacing Flights of Wonder is an exciting E-ticket caliber dark ride taking you down to see the magical mines of Asia with enchanting creatures and scenery, but be warned: bad mining practices have been a danger to the creatures within the Earth, and not all of them are happy about it as the legend goes. Riders ride in slow-moving cable cars that take you farther down than you can possibly imagine; yet the high-stakes nature of the attraction can be enjoyed by all ages as it's about as rough as Kilimanjaro Safaris. Using state-of-the-art technology, the ride will make people feel as though they are actually miles below the Earth!

BONUS With a demo of The Rainforest Café, is a new jungle/temple-plaza that boasts savory food huts with the flavors of The Amazons of South America, but will also feature streetmosphere such as bellydancers and beautiful music.
Your majesty! I gravel at your feet. Mwah mwah mwah!!!
29772eb5961a612f8915082dd81a50ad.jpg

I had no idea at first you were a former host (relative newbie I am). This is certainly a host-quality proposal, with nice touches like a unique setting, unique vehicles, and an original concept. It sounds like a tamer, next-gen version of DisneySea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth…maybe my favorite dark ride ever right now, so top marks!

Bonus: Another Mesoamerican cultural immersion experience, with haiku-level descriptions. I guess many of us are inspired by DAK’s long-rumored South America land.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
-Bare Necessities River Boat Cruise-

The-Bare-Necessities.jpg

Replacing the Kali River Rapids in Asia, the Bare Necessities River Boat Cruise will utilize a splash boats ride system (like the Jurassic Park Boat Ride in Islands of Adventure) to take guests on an amazing indoor/outdoor E-ticket dark ride experience with just enough thrills spice things up.​

Guests float past scenes from the movie in a peaceful, outdoor jungle setting before entering a temple (show building) where state of the art dark ride animatronics and effects immerse guests in King Louie's swinging kingdom.​

An encounter with Shere Khan while climbing a lift hill adds a little tension before the big drop and splash down into the lagoon below.​

-Bonus-

Rainforest Cafe will be replaced by a new version of Rafikis planet watch and the facilities found there freeing up that large chunk of in park space for future expansion.​
At last we see some Disney character infusion! (I’m slightly surprised no Lion King dark rides were heralded.) Jungle Book is a natural fit in Asia, and Kali could surely do with a longer, most substantive water ride. DAK’s realistic tone might clash with animated characters, which you’ve addressed with your temple show building. This feels very much like Animal Kingdom’s version of Splash Mountain, music and all. Would be a big hit!

Bonus: A wise forward-thinking use of the Rainforest Café space, benefiting the whole park.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Zootopia: Pursuit of Adventure

720x405-zootopia.jpg

Located in Rafiki's Planet Watch in the northern most walkable zone in Disney's Animal Kingdom, Zootopia: Pursuit of Adventure takes place after the events of the $1 Billion+ grossing 2016 film, Zootopia, where we meet up with Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps on their first case after Nick graduates the Zootopia Police Academy and becomes Judy's partner.​

Your journey begins aboard the re-themed Wildlife Safari train into the sleek, modern train from Zootopia, which enhances the ride to the now re-named 'Planet Watch' vet and petting center, with digital screens displaying our travel to an urban hospital of Zootopia, where we disembark to help Nick and Judy crack a new environmental threat to the city inhabitants.​

Boarding miniature police cars, you embark on a thrilling chase through the different ecological environments of Zootopia using a ride system similar to Test Track, as you attempt to catch the predators and meet some of your favorite characters such as Flash the sloth along the way, with the original Planet Watch locale acting as a complimentary message of conservation and environmental protection that the Zootopia attraction will convey.​

Bonus

In the jungles of the Oasis, Harrison Hightower III opens a decadently extravagant haunted restaurant and bar with his collection of findings throughout the world scattered around.​
Two specific things I expected to see in this round were Zootopia and the Adventurer’s Club. You’ve brought both! For Zootopia, I’m a fan of retheming the Wildlife Safari trains to handle the thematic transition to Zootopia’s cartoony alternate universe. Sounds like Hogwarts Express. For the ride itself, I’m glad you’ve done a sequel instead of a “book report.” Sounds thrilling yet family friendly, like WDW’s answer to Radiator Springs Racers.

Bonus: Not exactly the Adventurer’s Club, but veeeery close.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Up, Up, and Away

Up-new-lead.jpg

In this ride, guests board boats on a seemingly normal dark ride, yet after the front scene, balloons appear on the front and back of your boat and we take off Peter Pan style.​

In the ride, Russel leads us on guided tours of Paradise Falls, but some of Muntz’s old dogs are out for revenge.​

Go for a high flying adventure that’s fun for the whole family, located behind Expedition Everest.​

BONUS: The Rainforest Cafe becomes the Pawnee City Hall, which guests can explore and take photos with wax figures of the cast.​
UP dark rides are common ideas, because it’s a good idea. The way your boats turn into flying vehicles (if doable) is this ride’s standout moment. Not sure if UP is a natural fit for DAK’s Asia, but it could work with the nearby Finding Nemo musical.

Bonus: Parks & Rec themed dining is LITERALLY the best idea in the world! Will there be waffles from J.J.’s? Timed serendipitously, too; I just finished rewatching Parks & Rec this very day! (And I live 10 minutes from the real Pawnee City Hall in Pasadena.) This is pretty tangential to DAK, but whatever.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Ice Age: Continental Drift

mc-t9lELcUdCirNNKX1aP1jt4A7fimWW1jmeGl84ddksp1lcWx0_x-YnFcRIj49ImgOltlbVTtf-ZGQJJahPQlCyQQ6DbhYXjtGx28-_t4bqyWFgGCpFSbySqrz1vIUB6I8amKOC

Coming to Dinoland USA, now known as Prehistoric Valley, the newest E-Ticket Dark ride will be replacing the DinoRama, based on the popular 20th Century Fox franchise, Ice Age.

Ice Age: Continental Drift will be, where you journey on your snowmobiles through Ice Age and the many caverns of “Mammoth Mountain” with your favorite pals from Ice Age until everything goes wrong as it is discovered that Pangea is splitting and you have to go escape the mountain before it collapses.

This new family friendly, 4-D dark ride experience based on the fourth installment of the franchise is sure to be popular with guests of all ages when it opens in 2023, for the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

Bonus: Replacing The Rainforest Cafe, a new show starring the characters of 20th Century Fox’s Rio will replace the restaurant (keeping the rainforest theme), showing the importance of saving the environment, as a spiritual successor to the Circle of Life show in Epcot.
Very clever “Blue Sky” Imagineering, bringing in the Fox’s Blue Sky cartoons! Unexpected, but realistic. Simply doing a dark ride about Paleolithic animals would’ve worked, so I salute going further by adding the Ice Age IP. I’m actually OK with this “non-Disney” inclusion. If Avatar works… A nicely evocative ride description as well! Brr!

Bonus: Sounds like a Rio twist on the original Tiki Room dinner theater concept. A cool idea, carefully integrated into DAK’s environmentalist message.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Chester and Hester's Cretaceous Cruise

View attachment 258035

Replacing (finally) Primeval Whirl, will be Chester and Hester's Cretaceous Cruise; a boat journey through the times of the dinosaurs, from the early Triassic to the late Cretaceous. However, being that this is Chester and Hester, the scientific integrity of this ride is a little... off; the dino's are colorful and cartoony, and the ride is a bit less than smooth. Set up in almost a mock-Small World style, this ride with have some basic animatronics and colorful backdrops of the various habitats, as well has the meteor shower that killed them all!

Bonus:
Rainforest Cafe will be replaced with a character dining experience similar to Chip and Dale's breakfast in the Storytellers Cafe, where you would get a wider array of foods compared to other character dining experiences and get to meet some harder to find animal friends such as Meeko from Pocahontas, Brier Fox from Song of the South, and other animal sidekicks.
Always glad to see your ideas! We’ve seen similar dinosaur dark rides, like @TwilightZone’s, but you’ve leaned the furthest into humor and whimsy. It’s a Small Primeval World. You’re keeping Chester and Hester’s, and their unloved roadside kitsch aesthetic, which is a curious choice when you could’ve updated the area’s whole look. Instead the ride tries to elevate its area, which is bold.

Bonus: Character dining is always popular, and this sounds like a really efficient way to bring more Disney characters to DAK unobtrusively.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
Challenge 4 results!

This was a solid, varied batch of proposals. It impresses me how many different things can be done with Animal Kingdom while retaining its distinctive theme and tone. Every single idea this week was solid, so it was carefully writing which largely determined this week’s winners.

Bronze Medal (1 point)
25378926288_0282b49fa8_o_d.png

@Disneylover152 – Ice Age: Continental Drift
A bold gambit bringing in some alien Fox characters. You nearly hit a homer.

Silver Medal (2 points)
25378923678_f9988628cd_z_d.jpg

@spacemt354 – Zootopia: Pursuit of Adventure
A character ride which stands out for how carefully guests are transitioned to a new universe.

Gold Medal (3 points)
25378924938_877ca558df_o_d.png

@David2319 – Mines of Kali
A well-written proposal and an original concept emulating my favorite Disney ride. The king has returned!​

D Hulk

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 5
MAY

Why settle for one holiday when you can have six? The Emperor’s Birthday, Greenery Day, Showa Day, Constitution Memorial Day, Citizen’s Holiday, Children’s Day! These are the holidays which make up Japan’s craziest week ever –

GOLDEN WEEK
25378936048_1c0023709d_o_d.jpg

Golden Week at the start of May is the absolute worst time to visit Tokyo Disneyland…so that’s exactly where we’re going! Let’s alleviate the completely bonkers Golden Week crowds with a new ride. Tokyo Disneyland, though largely a cloned park, has one specialty – E-ticket Fantasyland dark rides! I’m talkin’ Pooh’s Hunny Hunt, Monsters Inc. Ride ‘n’ Go Seek, and the announced Beauty & the Beast dark ride. Adorable family rides with no expenses spared, with unique elements like trackless vehicles, interactive elements and the finest animatronics.

-Challenge-
Give Tokyo Disneyland its next blockbuster dark ride. It can go anywhere in the park…even into the parking lots behind Fantasyland, since Tokyo has recently announced expanding in that direction.

-Bonus-
With one additional sentence, create a new specialty dessert to go with your ride – because the Japanese love themselves some themed snacks. Doing so will net you an automatic extra point!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Wednesday, January 24th, at midnight EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Now go create!​

TwilightZone

Alien Busters
1bcdd9d864a664463c749225eba28e67.jpg

replacing monster's inc.: ride and go seek, alien busters takes place in sci-fi city, a bustling alien city. However, like all big cities it's full of pests, so you are an alien exterminator buster (aliens stopped exterminating the pests a long time ago), and as such, it's your job to zap the pests with your lazer flashlights and teleport them to headquarters of EXtermination Services (EX-S). The grand finale being the biggest pest of them all, the alien encounter alien! (If you can't already tell, this is a huge love letter to 90s tomorrowland)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BONUS:
the new specialty dessert would be the EX-Sundae, topped with nuts (representing the alien encounter alien's love of crunching things with his teeth), berries (representing the more harmless pests at the begging), bananas (representing the weirder pests), and baked apple slices (representing the larger pests) which can be picked up at plazma ray's diner.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Howl's Magical Quest
1ca38efca364684328762a2db9f2ba4f--howls-moving-castle-hayao-miyazaki.jpg

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures in the US and produced by Studio Ghibli, Howl's Moving Castle is a Hayao Miyazaki classic film that will be inspired as a dark ride attraction in Tokyo Disneyland's northern most part of Fantasyland in 2022, as part of a continued collaboration between the two studios.

Howl's Magical Quest will be an augmented reality dark ride that allows guests to travel through vignette-like scenes from the film, along with the characters of Sophie, Markl, Howl the powerful wizard, and more on a visually stunning 4D experience. Guests will be able to manipulate their environments, interact with the animatronic characters themselves (in Japanese) as well as enter a branch of Fantasyland dark rides that have not been explored yet in Disney Parks, and what better place to have the original Studio Ghibli dark ride than Tokyo Disneyland opening on Golden Week.

Bonus
動くケーキ "Moving Cake" Ugoku kēki - is a mishapen chocolate pastry item with a creamy rich vanilla filling which resembles Howl's Castle from the film that guests can purchase at the end of the attraction in a small quick service venue.​

Daveeeeed

Your majesty! I gravel at your feet. Mwah mwah mwah!!!​

29772eb5961a612f8915082dd81a50ad.jpg

I had no idea at first you were a former host (relative newbie I am). This is certainly a host-quality proposal, with nice touches like a unique setting, unique vehicles, and an original concept. It sounds like a tamer, next-gen version of DisneySea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth…maybe my favorite dark ride ever right now, so top marks!​

Bonus: Another Mesoamerican cultural immersion experience, with haiku-level descriptions. I guess many of us are inspired by DAK’s long-rumored South America land.​
It’s so cool to see how everyone does this comp with their own style. It’s lovely really. And it feels awesome to be back!

Challenge 4 results!

This was a solid, varied batch of proposals. It impresses me how many different things can be done with Animal Kingdom while retaining its distinctive theme and tone. Every single idea this week was solid, so it was carefully writing which largely determined this week’s winners.​

Bronze Medal (1 point)​

25378926288_0282b49fa8_o_d.png

@Disneylover152 – Ice Age: Continental Drift​

A bold gambit bringing in some alien Fox characters. You nearly hit a homer.​

Silver Medal (2 points)​

25378923678_f9988628cd_z_d.jpg

@spacemt354 – Zootopia: Pursuit of Adventure​

A character ride which stands out for how carefully guests are transitioned to a new universe.​

Gold Medal (3 points)​

25378924938_877ca558df_o_d.png

@David2319 – Mines of Kali​

A well-written proposal and an original concept emulating my favorite Disney ride. The king has returned!​
What a fun round with a ton of awesome ideas! Awesome job hosting @D Hindley! Can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with for the next round:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom