The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Cant you just sell that buick and pay the difference when you change it for a new car?
So your father gets the money for HIS car, and you get the car you wanted.

If I am guessing and only guessing that likely wouldn't go over well. Me, when I wanted my Mustang similar to @StarWarsGirl having the goals of a new car, flipping her Dads car likely would be a big thug in the family dynamic, just a guess following the car sagas over the years since he wanted her to keep the very old car in the first place. Tough decisions. Non bias advice from a non family member not a bad idea. Oy.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Jasmine is getting spayed on Friday. In Baltimore County, you can take your cat or dog to a county shelter and they will spay/neuter, microchip, and vaccinate for $20 cor county residents.

The instructions on the email said to take cats in a carrier and label the carrier with the cat's first and last name. So I did that with ny hard side carrier using tape. My dad looked and says, "You gave the cat my last name?"
"No Dad. I gave her my last name. You gave me your last name."😂:hilarious:

Well duh! He gave that name to you also? Who's last name was the cat to use?

Funny though my Dad had the same reaction. I adopted a 4 month old Golden Retriever when my DD was 4 years old. A lady confined to bed with a pregnancy reluctantly had to give him up as life in a crate wasn't obviously working. He came to that family with his litter mate Liesl and he was Fritz. My Dad was Freidrick but Gran called him Fritz. My Dad not a pet type man flipped. Me, I changed his name to really a more appropriate name for his developed personality at 4 months to Jethro Bodean.
Jethro was the most loyal Pup, most concerned with pleasing me an my shadow. My Dad well he shut up after the name change.

12in12

Overall that isn't a bad price for a cut of meat that isn't all so common where you live.

I am loving my Christmas Present ECHO ALEXA more and more. In seconds I knew the Euro and the gram conversion to pounds.
Solutions to my First World Mathematical Problems. :cool: I did like Siri but she started to more and more just send me a link to
Wiki.
That ECHO ALEXA sounds pretty cool. No one I know has one so I haven't seen them in action.

Sad for her and you about Hawaii but exciting for her possible new job. Perhaps you can manage a little weekend girls trip somewhere close to celebrate if she gets it or even if she doesn't. At least you have WDW coming up!
I am so excited about my WDW trip! (Insert many green smiley faces)
Hopefully my sister will get the new job and we can celebrate when she comes to visit me in London.😊

Figgy1

Premium Member
Compared to my day, believe me, this is resting. All went fairly well except that last piece of the original me did not go quietly into that good night. It took them an hour and fifteen minutes just to get the old lens out. My eye looks like it went a few rounds with Ali!
Glad you're on the mend. Side note Maybe the old you and the new you had something in common:angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Latest update on the car...

Now my dad has offered to let me buy his Buick Regal from him. 2015, 25,000 miles. Excellent condition, of course. No accidents, lives in the garage. Still has a year left on the manufacturer's warrenty. He said I would just pay $5000 down and take over the payments on the loan.

I'm torn because it is a really nice offer, and the loan has two more years on it, so it's one two more years of car payments, albeit two years of higher car payments tthan I was planning, not to mention his car is super nice, but at the same time, I was looking forward to buying a brand new car myself, and I was looking to build some credit history myself since I'm not planning on renting a place when I do move out; I'm saving up and will buy a place outright.

Might just have to stop by the bank and talk through it with a financial advisor there.
That's a nice offer from your dad. But if it isn't what you want don't feel pressured. Sounds like you have a plan for what you want do what is best for that.
What she said. Happy shopping

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And youse guys complain about how much annual holiday time we get ... ;)

I think in your case, the breaks you have are longer in duration (vacation time for example), from us the U. S. We might have a few more holidays, but those are 1-day events only each year. We also have a few holidays throughout the year, that not every business, or even every state, observes. Gets confusing sometimes!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
More holidays ????
And youse guys complain about how much annual holiday time we get ... ;)

We go from here into a few dark months of no breaks at all, except when you're stuck at home dying of the flu. I think that's the hardest part. I think the last weekend in May is the next three day weekend we typically have off, and it's snowy and cold until then. These couple months always feel doubly long.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We go from here into a few dark months of no breaks at all, except when you're stuck at home dying of the flu. I think that's the hardest part. I think the last weekend in May is the next three day weekend we typically have off, and it's snowy and cold until then. These couple months always feel doubly long.

May? What about February--Presidents Day?!! :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Nothing for us until May 9th (and even then it is only for our islands)
Sympathy like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom