The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

He really is!!! A lot of it is a texture thing. When he was a baby, I could feed him ANYTHING from a babyfood jar as long as it was pureed. As soon as he graduated to the jars with the little chunks in it, everything came back out. Banana with cookies in it....right down the chin. He'd eat pureed fish, for cripes sake...but mashed banana with little pieces of cookie? Nope. And then he got some bug once, and I think everything tasted odd for a while because he wouldn't even eat his favorites. I would make these potatoes....I'd chop them up bite sized and fry them in a bit of oil with onion, salt and pepper. He couldn't even walk without holding onto the table, and we ate at the coffee table so he could sit in a kid chair rather than a high chair...he HATED the high chair. So he'd get up out of his chair, shuffle his way all the way around the table to where we were sitting, steal the potatoes off of our plates, shuffle back and put them on his own plate...after he ate all his own, of course. And once they were on HIS plate, they were his. He LOVED those potatoes...he got sick that one time and wasn't eating anything, so I made the potatoes just to get him to eat SOMETHING....he hasn't touched them since. They were his favorite...and now he won't eat them. Same thing with spaghetti...it was one of his favorites until he got the flu, and then suddenly he wouldn't eat it anymore. We HAVE noticed since he started at the new school, he's tried a couple of things he didn't want to try before, and those went over well, so hopefully by our next trip, he'll have added at least a COUPLE of new foods. But he really is the pickiest eater I've ever seen in my life.
Funny story related to this. When ds was an infant and just starting baby food, we stopped off at a mall in Savannah on our way to Disney. Dd was playing in a play area there.. Kids needed some time out of the car. Anyway there was a mom there and she was asking about ds because her toddler wouldn't eat anything but baby food. I said ds just started to eat baby food,so we hadn't had that issue yet. That funny part is that ds loved this one flavor of Gerber. It was broccoli cauliflower puree. He could eat it all the time. I would give him other flavors and refused. Just wanted the broccoli cauliflower. He then wouldn't touch any non pureed food when he was able too when he was older. It was so hard to get him to eat anything solid. Finally one day we are at a sil's house and she made the kids buttered noodles. Hallelujah! :)Finally he eat something solid. Who would think that feeding a kid could be so stressful! @figmentfan423 has the opposite problem.;)

MySmallWorldof4

Back when I lived in Vermont and made the family trip to WDW we always drove the 1540 miles. I always allowed extra time for that because I cannot enjoy anything if I am over tired. I know a lot of folks that made the trip non-stop, I would be a pile of useless flesh if I did that. Yes, I could do it, but whatever time I saved would be wasted just trying to recharge my batteries. When we first started doing it, we would leave home on Friday night and drive from Vermont to Albany, NY. To me that was always the worst part of the trip because usually I had worked almost all day, run around like a chicken with its head cut off, but, I wanted to get the 150 miles out of the way. We would stay overnight had head on south in the morning. Back then we went down through New Jersey and Maryland and DC then continue on I-95 to Richmond, VA, next day to the bottom of So. Carolina, then on to Kissimmee arriving on Monday at noon or so. After one trip like that we shortened it up by Just leaving home on Saturday and going through to Fredericksburg, VA, next day to the So. Carolina Border and then on to Kissimmee arriving around 3pm or so. Rest up and hit the parks on next morning. I know to many that seems like a waste of time, but, for me the journey was as much fun as the destination. I would get to the parks on Tuesday morning full of energy and just have a great time. I hated the return trip, however, that one seemed to go on forever, but, we actually took the same amount of time. We also avoided all the tolls in NJ and Maryland, by cutting across to Pennsylvania and then back down through Maryland, W. Virginia and Virginia then cutting over and stopping again in Fredericksburg, VA. It was just the way that we enjoyed the trip. Odd I know, but, different strokes for different folks.

Now that I am older and my love for road trips still remains, but, at a more sane level, I leave Raleigh at 6am and arrive in Kissimmee at 4pm. Much better and way cheaper then flying. That way I easily can stay offsite and avoid any car rentals. However, the times that I elected to fly down, I found that the car rentals costs in Florida were so reasonable that I still had a car, stayed offsite and save a boatload of money. Even the one time I stayed onsite at POP, I had a rental car and out of a seven day trip I spent 3 of those days exploring other parts of central Florida. I wouldn't change a thing about my travel habits.
Your travel habits sound fine to me. Sometimes we have to take 81 through VA and hate it. Nothing to look at. We prefer 95 because we like to see all the billboards and other "attractions" off the highway. Like there is one development in SC I think where when we passed on 2 different occasions there were police cars with flashing lights on in it. :eek:We enjoy reading the Old Glory canned veggie billboards. They are actually hysterical.:hilarious: South of the Border of course lets us know we are just 6 or less hours away. In Georgia is this construction vehicle factory where they display a vehicle in the middle of a big pond. Next to it as an Air Force museum. Well, sure you know these sites as well. :D

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Funny story related to this. When ds was an infant and just starting baby food, we stopped off at a mall in Savannah on our way to Disney. Dd was playing in a play area there.. Kids needed some time out of the car. Anyway there was a mom there and she was asking about ds because her toddler wouldn't eat anything but baby food. I said ds just started to eat baby food,so we hadn't had that issue yet. That funny part is that ds loved this one flavor of Gerber. It was broccoli cauliflower puree. He could eat it all the time. I would give him other flavors and refused. Just wanted the broccoli cauliflower. He then wouldn't touch any non pureed food when he was able too when he was older. It was so hard to get him to eat anything solid. Finally one day we are at a sil's house and she made the kids buttered noodles. Hallelujah! :)Finally he eat something solid. Who would think that feeding a kid could be so stressful! @figmentfan423 has the opposite problem.;)

We never did the baby food thing; we just fed her soft foods off our dinner plate. It was good that we didn't because we would have run out of baby food too quickly. My daughter was and is a big eater. We've always joked that she's a trash panda (raccoon) because she'll rummage through any bag she finds (even strangers bags) to find snacks.

Even at the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom on Christmas, she found a family and made friends with them and proceeded to ask them for food :cautious::cautious:

MySmallWorldof4

We never did the baby food thing; we just fed her soft foods off our dinner plate. It was good that we didn't because we would have run out of baby food too quickly. My daughter was and is a big eater. We've always joked that she's a trash panda (raccoon) because she'll rummage through any bag she finds (even strangers bags) to find snacks.

Even at the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom on Christmas, she found a family and made friends with them and proceeded to ask them for food :cautious::cautious:
Too funny. :p

Cesar R M

Yep and everyone is so different as is their priorities. By the time I was 25 I had owned a condo, then bought a house and paid for a new car in a years time. A career, a car and a house were my mandatory bucketlist I set for myself before I had children. But those were my priorities for only myself. I have friends my age now that never owned a home. They could they don't want to. The transfer jobs, travel and don't want to put time and money into a home. Different bucketlists.
25 and already owned a condo? just how much you were getting paid o_O

Cesar R M

Nope. Not doing that.

Tartamudo.gif
Exactly, thats the problem.
You should never have to rely in these :/

StarWarsGirl

I really don't like toyota camrys. It's that simple lol
I was with you until recently. My uncle has one and I wouldn't want it. But the new redesigned ones are easily up to par with the Malibus. But the Corollas aren't redesigned, and I'm not looking at them for that reason.

That, and so many people have ones with fabric interior, and I'm sorry, but fabric interiors are the worst. They get dirty so quickly. You eat in them, and the crumbs stay there forever. You spill something, and it is impossible to clean. Leather, if you eat in the car, you just brush it to the floor and vacuum it up. If you spill something, you just wipe it up. Whatever car I get will at the very least be leatherette, if not leather. Which works out because, due to being vertically challenged, I also need power seats, and that usually comes with the leather package.

My concern about the GM cars is that I've now had two of them that seem like they hit 100,000 miles and start falling appart. Whereas the Toyotas, well, everyone who I talk to says that they are just extremely reliable.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I was with you until recently. My uncle has one and I wouldn't want it. But the new redesigned ones are easily up to par with the Malibus. But the Corollas aren't redesigned, and I'm not looking at them for that reason.

That, and so many people have ones with fabric interior, and I'm sorry, but fabric interiors are the worst. They get dirty so quickly. You eat in them, and the crumbs stay there forever. You spill something, and it is impossible to clean. Leather, if you eat in the car, you just brush it to the floor and vacuum it up. If you spill something, you just wipe it up. Whatever car I get will at the very least be leatherette, if not leather. Which works out because, due to being vertically challenged, I also need power seats, and that usually comes with the leather package.

My concern about the GM cars is that I've now had two of them that seem like they hit 100,000 miles and start falling appart. Whereas the Toyotas, well, everyone who I talk to says that they are just extremely reliable.

If the redesign is less than three years old, you might also factor that into your considerations. With cars, a lot of the issues don't come out until you've been driving it for a few years. When a car undergoes a major redesign, you're basically signing up to be the guinea pig if you're one of the first owners of it. Just food for though.

I have a Toyota Yaris and that thing is a tank. A tiny, lightweight tank that can't drive in the snow, but a tank nonetheless. My Malibu was a really great too. I bet you can't really go wrong with either choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom