News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

bcoachable

[QUOTE="
What I want when I walk out of a WS attraction is a deeper understand of the country. I don't expect a complex historical treatise but maybe a few moments where I could say I learned something or had a deeper understanding of the host country..[/QUOTE]

I like and want this too...

BlindChow

Did Disney ever do a movie about Henry VIII? Now there's a story with some AA potential...
They did, actually...

The_sword_and_the_rose_lobby_card.jpg

Last edited:

wdrive

The content of the story is made up, but the story itself is inherently real and associated with the UK by many.

It isn't. I don't believe for a second that you believe that.

As far as IPs in Epcot go it is a great fit. But saying that Mary Poppins has any educational value towards the UK is insane.

Capsin4

If someone is armed with full plausible deniability then they can't have full or news full credibility. Cause there's nothing risked by saying whatever...

It's a bit philosophical...but also inconveniently true.
That’s not the point of a rumors board. That would be the confirmed truths board. With experience you’ll get a great feel for who to follow and who to ignore...like I am right now.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
But saying that Mary Poppins has any educational value towards the UK is insane.
Mary Poppins kindly presents several aspects of 1930's British culture, such as:
- Kindness towards animals (feed the birds)
- Love of equestrian sports (the Derby)
- Propensity to support social justice causes (Mrs Banks' involvement in the suffragettes)
- High regard for traditional values (Mr Banks' insistence on routine)
- Tolerance of eccentricity (Admiral Boom's lookout and cannon)

Although it refers to the Ms Travers' series of Mary Poppins books, this essay highlights the emphasis on Mary's role in reinforcing the class-conscious British societal norms, while also acknowledging a slightly anarchist side to her of which we see only the barest glimpse in the movie.

rle4lunch

British food is so... bland... I thought it was a fluke, but after my second and third visit it solidified my initial thoughts. I'm so glad that we've (USA) taken those basic foods from the UK and added flavor to them.

In regards to a ride, as long as it has more flavor and fun than the food, I don't care what it is. I'll ride it at least once. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom