News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Capsin4

Even if things were hinted at that didn’t happen or weren’t announced doesn’t mean they weren’t a thing when they were hinted at. Things change. Some things don’t. Doesn’t mean the hints are or were wrong. In general, the info shared here is done with all that in mind and I rarely if ever see hard and fast predictions that require proof. Besides, proof that something g is being considered isn’t really proof of anything that can be verified by what actually happens.

Princess Leia

My reaction to checking out this thread, the Coco ride thread, and the Brazil thread recently:

E09910A8-8C00-4C32-8982-0973B2C06DFF.jpeg

o_O

Jones14

I don't get the love affair with Poppins. Sure, it's a classic. But the second half is nearly unwatchable and hardly takes place in a visual landscape setting worthy of World Showcase.
It’s all dependent on what you’re looking for. Poppins is written by one of the most famous British writers ever, and is widely associated with British culture by Americans (which is the primary audience of Disney theme parks).

Brave is neither of those things, but the entire movie takes place in Scotland and is centered around Scottish culture. It’s all about whether you favor the source or the end product in terms of what needs to be the root of the connection back to the country.

disneygeek90

It’s all dependent on what you’re looking for. Poppins is written by one of the most famous British writers ever, and is widely associated with British culture by Americans (which is the primary audience of Disney theme parks).

Brave is neither of those things, but the entire movie takes place in Scotland and is centered around Scottish culture. It’s all about whether you favor the source or the end product in terms of what needs to be the root of the connection back to the country.
I've never been a huge Poppins fan. I appreciate the movie in terms of the strides and progress and importance in Walt's career, but in 2017, almost 2018, it just doesn't quite have the stamina for me. It actually just isn't a good movie after the first 30 minutes.

That being said, I am interested in how the remake does and hoping for a few less weird, drawn out, slow scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom