News The Hall of Presidents is now open

Gringrinngghost

Now, here’s an example of what’s currently possible with AAs (Disney’s term, but it has become ubiquitous for all theme park robots)
As far as facial and head movements are concerned, this example is well beyond the capabilities of any AA WDI has created. Clearly, there’s room for Imagineering to improve and explore. But does Disney want to invest? It is sad that they can’t at least live up to (what should be) their standard, GMwML.

Garner Holt just recently announced this line of AAs back at IAAPA last month - skip to 13:10 for a really good up close shot.

Last edited:

BlindChow

- Very high security in the pre-show, theater and outside. Plenty of uninformed and plain clothed security.
Chief_Wiggum.png

Obobru

I was just watching @marni1971 Great Movie Ride tribute yesterday and my partner just said the Trump AA hands reminded him of the wicked witch from the Wizard Of Oz scene. Did they recycle it? Martin mention in the video it was the first generation of the more advance AA's at that time and had more movement than ones before it. The timing would be about right I guess.

Anyway check out Martin's video the amount of details covered is amazing.

The Mom

Premium Member
Again, no politics. And yes, this IS a moderated forum; please read the Terms and Rules at the bottom right hand corner before posting. You have agreed to the terms, including the fact that posts may be removed or edited at any time without explanation - although we do generally give a reason.

In this case, people have been asked - repeatedly - to refrain from making political statements in this thread. A political forum has been added specifically for those who just can't help themselves. There is even a thread discussing this very topic, where you can make all of the pro or anti Trump comments you wish - as long as you do not personally attack other posters.

DisneyOutsider

Too be fair, I'm not sure any of those faces are really meant to be seen up close, anyway. The audience-distance videos look much better than the face close ups. Still, it does look a little screwy.

I don't think ANY of them are particularly close in likeness. We don't scrutinize the likeness of the older presidents because 1) we weren't around back then 2) we were never inundated with around the clock High-Definition close ups of their faces doing various things on the news. Sure, the Lincoln AA's look like all of the pictures or media portrayals that we see of him, but if Lincoln were the President in this day and age then we may feel differently when we hold up the same microscope.

And of course anything relating to our current commander in chief will receive an extra few layers of scrutiny. Obama's AA doesn't look exactly like him either, but there was no big fuss about it. Just the way it is... good to keep a little perspective.

disnyfan89

This Trump AA fail (at least the face) and the broken Yeti are Robert Iger's true legacy. Not all the stuff he bought, but the way he disrespects the Walt Disney legacy in order to cut corners and build profits to please shareholders (screw park guests! They're just a bunch of chumps as far as he's concerned). I don't know if he's just a shallow moneygrubber or if he really can't see how bad all of this looks. Walt used to walk through Disneyland and mingle with the guests, ask their opinions, and experience the rides to see if he could improve them. Can you imagine Iger doing anything like that? He's the anti-Walt in every way. I'm so glad this Trump AA is getting so much shade from the press. It makes Iger look bad, not that he's likely to fix it, any more than he fixed the Yeti after a major Florida newspaper wrote a story about it some years ago. Iger doesn't care. Keep the money rolling in - that's all he cares about. God I hate the guy.

Walt ran a tiny company compared to what TWC is today. He had a studio and a park (with an apartment for himself) so of course he would have time to Walk through DL. You credit to much to Iger in terms of decisions and final say and approval. Iger has far to much on his plate to worry about something as simple as the final sign off on how an AA looks. Sure, if he's checking in on a product or something is brought to his attention he might say something, but by far he has many people under him who make these decisions for him.

Incomudro

Too be fair, I'm not sure any of those faces are really meant to be seen up close, anyway. The audience-distance videos look much better than the face close ups. Still, it does look a little screwy.
There's likely some truth to this.
Like how actors on stage have heavy makeup that works from afar.
But the Trump AA does look older and paler than the real thing.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I read a story online that said it looks like they started making a Hillary AA and then after Trump won the election, they decided to just morph it into a Trump AA. The more I look at it, the more it seriously does look like a Hillary Trump hybrid, lol.

Incomudro

The Trump face sculpt makes me wonder if the sculptor doesn't like him.
My father was an artist, and he would paint and pastel pictures of my mother (who really was beautiful) - as well as other family members, and there a very slight bit of tweaking the looks (intentional or otherwise) that made everyone look wonderful.
Similarly, if you don't like someone the hand and they eye could unconsciously (or consciously) be led to render a less flattering image.

yensid67

Happy the HoP is reopened, BUT does anyone else think that the animatronic of Trump is SCARY looking!? His speech seems like it was RUSHED and I can sense a lack of caring if it sounded good or not!

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom