If you hate all that is Disney?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, but it seemed to be appropriate. I have stalked the forum for 10 plus years, but I have just recently become active in posts. There seems to be a common thread that links us all together. We all love Disney. Hence the confusion. I regularly see the same tired posts from the same people that hate what Disney is now. Disney has changed over the years and will continue to do so. My question is this: If you hate what Disney has become why are you still making posts? If you hate everything why re-live it over and over. Live your Non Disney life and stop posting here. I would exclude people like @DisneyJoe who don't visit but are a great help to others. If all you want to do is make troll posts, then go find a political forum. You can stay busy there. If your entire life revolves around making negative posts in Disney forums then maybe you need to rethink your reasons to be here.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, but it seemed to be appropriate. I have stalked the forum for 10 plus years, but I have just recently become active in posts. There seems to be a common thread that links us all together. We all love Disney. Hence the confusion. I regularly see the same tired posts from the same people that hate what Disney is now. Disney has changed over the years and will continue to do so. My question is this: If you hate what Disney has become why are you still making posts? If you hate everything why re-live it over and over. Live your Non Disney life and stop posting here. I would exclude people like @DisneyJoe who don't visit but are a great help to others. If all you want to do is make troll posts, then go find a political forum. You can stay busy there. If your entire life revolves around making negative posts in Disney forums then maybe you need to rethink your reasons to be here.

If you’re madly into sports would you still support your favourite sports team if they started to loose more games than they won?

Last edited:

Alice a

Just because someone is critical of TDO, it doesn't mean they are trolls. I think some people who have seen the changes over the years are frustrated and would like someone to hold Disney accountable for their actions.

Some of it is rose colored glasses, but even if you look at the past 5-10 years, the negative changes outweigh the positive. Look at the amount of closures, empty spaces, and privatization of formerly public spaces. There also seems to be laziness that was not present in the first 2 decades of WDW. Seems to be- I barely remember the 80s!

I don't mind @ford91exploder - I don't agree with some of what he says or his method, but at least he doesn't outrightly attack others on this forum. I like this forum because there isn't a cabal of popular posters who abuse those who disagreed with them. This is a pretty well-mannered place, for the interwebs.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It’s a discussion forum. More than one point of view....

Cameron1529

I understand where you are coming from. Haters will be haters and not matter what Disney do, someone will be unhappy with it. However, this is a discussion forum and you will undoubtedly get people who don't agree or dislike a decision made.

eliza61nyc

It is an interesting thought.

First, we have to really think about if they are "haters". I'm going to go with, if you are on a Disney vacation site you are not going to be a "hater". you could be disgruntled.

Now some times complaints lead to correction. Let me ask you some thing, if one of your kids does some thing wrong , you may complain about the action (lol, my youngest son is a first class slob. it's driving me crazy) and if warranted you will punish them. That doesn't mean you don't love them. it actually means the opposite. you want them to be great people.

Next, I like trip reports that give the good the bad and the ugly. if I'm looking to plan the best vacation, I need to know all the information possible. If someone complains the hotel walls are paper thin, that's useful information if I have a hubby who is a light sleeper.

One thing I do always admit, I suffer from "the good old days" itis. I've been going to the world for almost 20 years and I have seen the cutbacks, so unfortunately I do tend to slip into "when I first went to Disney". I try to catch myself but it does happen.

Negative post are not all bad. what's the term "constructive criticism". One year the mouseworld cut back on the mousekeeping staff. I actually know this for a fact as my next door neighbor is a snowbird. lives in Philly but winters in Orlando and her daughter was a housekeeper at the Contemporary. I really, really believe that after a avalanche of complaints and bad reviews they readjusted.

The one thing I dislike with the heat of 10 burning suns, and I'll probably always kvetch about is not being able to directly call the front desk of your resort. I think that it is beyond weird that in order to get help at your resort you have to schlep downstairs because calling takes you to some call center.

eliza61nyc

lol,
lastly, the people here, even if they are complaining are 1000X's nicer than on political sites. unfortunately it's starting to mirror our society. no one here will call me a name if I make a mistake.
so even in disagreements folks try to spread some "magic"

Pixieish

lol,
lastly, the people here, even if they are complaining are 1000X's nicer than on political sites. unfortunately it's starting to mirror our society. no one here will call me a name if I make a mistake.
so even in disagreements folks try to spread some "magic"
I do find that disagreements in particular are very civil here. That is definitely NOT the case on Disney FB groups.

jimbojones

I do find that disagreements in particular are very civil here. That is definitely NOT the case on Disney FB groups.
Before I start my workday I spend15 minutes on this forum for some escapism. Occasionally I am a bit grumpy and post something grouchy but I agree with CherylM, this site is in general very friendly and positive and it seems like almost everyone posts with good intentions. I first went to WDW in the early 80s and it is not what is was then for a number of reasons, one being the fact that Orlando has grown up around WDW that makes it feel less like a place separated from the rest of reality. Personally if all people did here was talk about how wonderful every WDW change is then I would think they have no credibility. This site isn't just visited by mindless fanbois who cheer every WDW announcement, it is full of thoughtful and interesting commentary and discussion which means it includes criticism.

ABQ

If you’re madly into sports would you still support your favourite sports team if they started to loose more games than they won?
Hey now, that doesn't really work. I have been a Red Sox fan since the early 70's, they made it to the World Series in 75, lost, and stunk up the league till 86, where they again lost in the World Series and stunk it up till about 2003 and though they win more than they lose these past 15 years, I didn't just stop supporting them in the 70's, 80's and 90's. But I'm obviously a bit off my rocker, like many Cubs fans were till maybe 2 year's ago. I guess the folks madly into a sports team have a deeper issue than those who frequent WDW. Though my wallet would beg to differ, WDW costs me more than the Red Sox annually.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey now, that doesn't really work. I have been a Red Sox fan since the early 70's, they made it to the World Series in 75, lost, and stunk up the league till 86, where they again lost in the World Series and stunk it up till about 2003 and though they win more than they lose these past 15 years, I didn't just stop supporting them in the 70's, 80's and 90's. But I'm obviously a bit off my rocker, like many Cubs fans were till maybe 2 year's ago. I guess the folks madly into a sports team have a deeper issue than those who frequent WDW. Though my wallet would beg to differ, WDW costs me more than the Red Sox annually.
Maybe you should be a United fan!

(Which I’m not despite working a stones throw from the stadium)

disneygeek90

I think marni was saying that no, you wouldn't just stop supporting a team because they started losing.

Bender123

A lot of the issue isn't "hate", but an extreme connection and love for the place...When you really love a thing and watch it continue to slide backwards, it can cause hypercritical analysis.

I, personally, love WDW and likely always will. That love translates to extreme disappointment at what is now going on...degraded customer service expectations (It used to really stand out when you had a "normal" or "rude" service experience...this past summer, it was more rare to see the "old" expectations). They raise prices, while offering less. The iconic monorail looks like a subway car, they are literally falling apart and scuffed up. Replacing once classic attractions with subpar thrill rides...

The fact that we love the place makes us also much more critical than the average guest. We have special moments and memories of what WDW used to be and it hurts to see it fall from "magical" to "great".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom