If you hate all that is Disney?

POLY LOVER

Isn't decent a vital part of America? We love Disney but just like a child you love you praise the good and correct the bad. If your child was heading down what you perceive to be the wrong path, I assume you would step in and point it out.
Some people become uncomfortable about truths and just want pretend that everything is ok. Look at complaining as caring, if you didn't care you would never be on this forum.

Goofyernmost

I think the question he is asking is not if you're a fan or not, why do you still stay in the middle of it. For many that do spend hard earned money to go and still enjoy at least 90% of it, it's easy to understand why they might vent about the things that they don't like and otherwise were better or remember when it was. But, if they no longer go there, they don't have a horse in the race, why place a bet on it.

I think the ones he is asking is those that never have anything good to say, appear to hate the entire of concept, management or even change, which is strange since they don't like what is there. Why sit here and constantly respond with some boilerplate, non-verifiable hate massages about this place. That isn't love unless you consider loving to constantly put something down that they don't even utilize any longer. Why? Indeed. If there is something I don't like or it upsets me to the point of constantly spewing hate, then it is a very strange obsession. Unfortunately, the message is that the rest of us are fools for still enjoying it so in reality they are putting us down, not Disney.

Myself, have been accused on occasion of being toxic and negative. I'll tell you that I react to immaturity because in spite of Disney being a place where a lot of use find a moment of youth, I lose my cherub like demeanor when the topics are picky and just a waste of cyber space. That I react to! I will have a calm and, at least, attempted back and forth on specifics, but, when I read someone condescending, erroneous attempts to make us believe that they are capable of running a multi-billion dollar company it just gets the hair on my head bristle and I feel forced to comment before someone starts to believe the garbage and it doesn't matter whether it is some, allegedly, in the know poster or someone just wanting their 15 minutes of fame. The expectation of perfection in a man-made environment also boggles my mind.

It does get tiring to have to decide what is fact and what is opinion. Hell, we might be talking with Iger himself for all I know (I doubt it though), but, when something seems trite or loaded with bull, I react.

Bender123

I seriously can't think of a good come back for that.

Touché

And with that, Katiebug walked off into the Tiki Birds rainstorm scenes and was never seen again...some people say that, if you listen hard enough, you can still hear her final words in the tiki gods drums..."I just wanted a seat at the restaurant for my little prince and princes....unmagical...."

Raineman

IMO, there are three main types of posters here when it comes to negative comments:
-the posters who have nothing good to to say about any decision that is made in regards to WDW, and will be silent when something positive does happen, but the second something negative happens, they are the first to point it out
-the posters who love most things about WDW, but if something ticks them off, they are going to complain, and defend their opinion till the end
-the posters who are basically trolls, and only make statements to intentionally make other people angry

All three types of posters are usually very stubborn, and cannot be swayed, so it can be very frustrating to have a discussion with these people. There are a small percentage that will resort to personal insults and the like, but thankfully, those seem to be few and far between.

JIMINYCR

No matter how much they dislike Disney changes, or people running Disney, no matter how much they long for the past, theres some small part of Disney they can still find to like. I dont think these negative posts show complete, utter hatred for Disney. They can still see a glimmer of hope that Disney will recover to what they want. When they post negativity they get more attention and responses. Post a negative comment and then sit back and watch more firestorms flare up than if you only post positives. The more negativity they can get the more notice Disney will take note.

Cmdr_Crimson

Brian Griffin said it best......
you-know-what-if-you-dont-like-it-go-on-the-internet-and-complain-quote-1.jpg

NickMaio

Don't kid yourself - Dis has a staff of dozens of people who search the internet all day looking for genuine customer feedback. true anecdotal feedback, unsolicited.
Do not get me wrong -We love disney, we were almost married in the Magic Kingdom <Disney Wedding planer and all>.
However - when I am dissatisfied I will share it - I want others to know about my experience - to see if they have shared similar experiences. It is the nature of an online forum - take the good with the bad.

A side note - If you want a really cool Disney experience and are considering getting hitched - book some time with one of their wedding planners - we got to see so much backstage cool Disney stuff that normal customers never see. I highly recommend it. Its FREE - we basically had a 3 hour backstage tour - also don't worry the planners they get paid salary.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Don't kid yourself - Dis has a staff of dozens of people who search the internet all day looking for genuine customer feedback. true anecdotal feedback, unsolicited.
Do not get me wrong -We love disney, we were almost married in the Magic Kingdom <Disney Wedding planer and all>.
However - when I am dissatisfied I will share it - I want others to know about my experience - to see if they have shared similar experiences. It is the nature of an online forum - take the good with the bad.

A side note - If you want a really cool Disney experience and are considering getting hitched - book some time with one of their wedding planners - we got to see so much backstage cool Disney stuff that normal customers never see. I highly recommend it. Its FREE - we basically had a 3 hour backstage tour - also don't worry the planners they get paid salary.

Don't worry about how the planners get paid, DW and I thought about renewing our vows at Disney but the $15,000 MINIMUM fee put the kibosh on that quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom