If you hate all that is Disney?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Wow, is Cedar Point that expensive now??? I went as a teenager in the 60's, and it wasn't very well attended. You could go there anytime and get right on any ride. I think there was only the wooden roller coaster at that time? Can't quite remember. But it was fun. I also don't remember how much it cost, but it couldn't be much for some teenagers without much money:)

I just checked the prices, and it looks like it will cost over $1,000,000 for three days at Cedar Point if you stay at the nicest resorts on Earth, flying in every morning from one of the three different countries you'll visit overnight and eat 3 meals per day at the nicest restaurants within a 250 mile radius by chopper. By the way, I've included the prices for platinum passes in my quote.

21stamps

Wow, is Cedar Point that expensive now??? I went as a teenager in the 60's, and it wasn't very well attended. You could go there anytime and get right on any ride. I think there was only the wooden roller coaster at that time? Can't quite remember. But it was fun. I also don't remember how much it cost, but it couldn't be much for some teenagers without much money:)

I’ve been so impressed with Cedar Fair under Matt Ouimet, he’s passed the torch now.. but he made so many wonderful changes.
Cedar Point is definitely a roller coaster Mecca.. with an amazing new coaster set to open this year.
Hotel wise you can choose different price points, similar to Disney. I just prefer the history and ambiance of Hotel Breakers, especially the distance to the park!
The positive and negative is the Fast Lane passes. They run $100+ per person during the summer (in addition to admission).. I’ve paid as much as $125.. but it’s impossible to do all of the big coasters, on a weekend, without the upcharge pass. Even with it waits can be 25+ minutes on several attractions.

What’s funny is, at least at the 2 CF parks that I visit.. their Facebook and social media pages are filled with same complaints we read here. “Overpriced food” “overpriced parking” “premium parking scam” “Fast Lane ruined wait times” “too many upcharge options” “prices go up too fast compared to inflation” “parks are too crowded” etc etc.lol oh, I forgot to add the biggest complaint- at our local park, kids are considered adults after age 3. There’s no difference in admission or season pass prices.. even though they’re excluded from so many of the rides.. and the majority of QS locations do not offer kids meals.

Last edited:

21stamps

Actually, @Minnesota disney fan , I wonder if this is this the wooden roller coaster that you remember?
BB83873E-390E-46EC-87EA-1F58F938C15A.jpeg

It’s now being converted into this-
315EA244-8036-44DA-9D92-3C4F8253DAEC.jpeg

21stamps

Yes, it is:)
Thanks for that trip down memory lane! I was terrified of it.
You should try it again in when it opens in its new form!
My son measures himself almost daily to see if he is 54” yet.. he’s has been waiting impatiently to go on several coasters... we’ll see if he makes it this year, and if he gets terrified on any of them ;). They day he hit 52” (with shoes on) was a huge deal in our household.. I almost got sick from riding the same coasters over and over with him.lol

You should try it again in when it opens in its new form!
My son measures himself almost daily to see if he is 54” yet.. he’s has been waiting impatiently to go on several coasters... we’ll see if he makes it this year, and if he gets terrified on any of them ;). They day he hit 52” (with shoes on) was a huge deal in our household.. I almost got sick from riding the same coasters over and over with him.lol

My son is doing this also but his goal is 51" by October. Our cruise leaves from Port Canveral so we're hoping to do 2-3 days at Universal and he's DYING to go on the hulk and rock it coasters. Hopefully he grows another 2.5 inches by then!

21stamps

My son is doing this also but his goal is 51" by October. Our cruise leaves from Port Canveral so we're hoping to do 2-3 days at Universal and he's DYING to go on the hulk and rock it coasters. Hopefully he grows another 2.5 inches by then!
Oh he’ll make it by then for sure! My son is 52.75 and planning on making 54 by June. Ha ha. I don’t think it will happen for him, but maybe sometime this year.
Kiddo didn’t make 52” barefoot until well after summer had ended...he just didn’t wear sandals or flip flops to the park once we realized that his sneakers made him tall enough.
If your son is close, just do the same! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom