News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

trainplane3

So...That "other" site is throwing a rumor out there that Future World would have a Hotel built either by The Land/Seas area or directly above the Main gate entrance ala DLP. While not blocking the view of SSE there would be two larger towers on either end to keep it in view to guests and utilize the monorail system as a resort line.....Seriously go look it up it's on that site..

My Reaction to it when I read it...
giphy.webp
If it's done right, this could be amazing. If done wrong, then it'd be "Tombstones 2.0: You can see it from EVERYWHERE!" . One thing to remember is they still have to reconfigure Epcots entrance for the new security measures like they did to MK. This would let them overhaul and add all at the same time.

You could "cradle" SSE nicely I think, as long as it doesn't outshine it. But if this is just as tall as SSE, then...ew.

FigmentFan3

If it's done right, this could be amazing. If done wrong, then it'd be "Tombstones 2.0: You can see it from EVERYWHERE!" . One thing to remember is they still have to reconfigure Epcots entrance for the new security measures like they did to MK. This would let them overhaul and add all at the same time.

You could "cradle" SSE nicely I think, as long as it doesn't outshine it. But if this is just as tall as SSE, then...ew.
A bridge from the monorail ramp into the security boundary would be plenty for me! :confused:

FigmentFan3

Pretty sure guests staying there would have their own private entrances similar to Grand Californian gets guests into DCA.
Oh totally. Sidenote that entrance gets grossly busy and it’s usually faster to go in the front. But I was saying if they don’t build such a hotel, the only security gap is between the monorail exit and the park entrance. The entire monorail system, and both MK and Epcot are inside the boundary, except for that 40 ft gap.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So...That "other" site is throwing a rumor out there that Future World would have a Hotel built either by The Land/Seas area or directly above the Main gate entrance ala DLP. While not blocking the view of SSE there would be two larger towers on either end to keep it in view to guests and utilize the monorail system as a resort line.....Seriously go look it up it's on that site..

giphy.webp

I think this was talked about much earlier in this thread and hinted at by insiders. In any case it's in @MisterPenguin's awesome rumor tracker.

Epcot Main Entrance: Brand new resort complexes in the area of Epcot entrance (not Crescent Lake), four in the running [at least two somewhat likely]
  • Exploratory borings for a new Epcot retention pond seems likely to indicate new building in the area [here]
  • Perhaps even a park entrance resort like MiraCosta at DisneySea [here]

bclane

EPCOT (the city) had a hotel in its center
All joking aside, I'm all for a hotel at Epcot. In fact, I would love to see a Horizons themed resort that features the different futuristic locations on the old ride as different sections of the resort. My personal first choice would be to stay in an underwater area. That section of the resort could be built in a giant aquarium and look something like this:

horizons underwater.jpg

mikejs78

Premium Member
All joking aside, I'm all for a hotel at Epcot. In fact, I would love to see a Horizons themed resort that features the different futuristic locations on the old ride as different sections of the resort. My personal first choice would be to stay in an underwater area. That section of the resort could be built in a giant aquarium and look something like this:

View attachment 247178
Ok, that would b amazing.

Which is why they won't do it.

bclane

Ok, that would b amazing.

Which is why they won't do it.
Yeah, I can't see it happening but man I would so be there. And it could be done in that 1980s retro future vibe that was going on with the original Horizons... Can you imagine how much they would charge for something like that though. Yikes!

SteamboatJoe

As if not being able to afford DVC, Club 33, deluxe resort rates, and the other special upcharge events and experiences wasn't enough to make me feel like a second/third class customer, now we have what will be presumably another exclusive, or at least very expensive, resort.

I have flown in and stayed on property for more than 5 days at the moderate resorts the past couple times I have gone and bought Memory Maker and the full service dining plan, so it's not like I am exactly just barely pulling off a WDW trip. Granted that was just the wife and I, no kids, but still. Oh well, that's just capitalism I guess.

Venting aside, if they do this, I would prefer it go where the current bus drop-off is so as not to ruin the majority of sight lines of SSE.

Last edited:

NelsonRD

After staying at the Disneyland Hotel in Paris, putting a hotel at the entrance of Epcot is a terrible idea. The reason is; at first approaching the hotel and park is exciting. However, after paying a premium to stay at the flagship hotel, what you don't realize is everybody enters/exits the park under the hotel, and that traffic, takes the exclusivity, and magic out of it. People constantly hung around the hotel, and streams of loud people moving through it was disappointing. If they do decide to do this, I hope that the park guests are routed round the sides of the hotel, opposed though the center.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
After staying at the Disneyland Hotel in Paris, putting a hotel at the entrance of Epcot is a terrible idea. The reason is; at first approaching the hotel and park is exciting. However, after paying a premium to stay at the flagship hotel, what you don't realize is everybody enters/exits the park under the hotel, and that traffic, takes the exclusivity, and magic out of it. People constantly hung around the hotel, and streams of loud people moving through it was disappointing. If they do decide to do this, I hope that the park guests are routed round the sides of the hotel, opposed though the center.

I think it depends on how close the hotel is. TDL has the hotel near the entrance, but there's still a large gap separating it, so people aren't going through the hotel unless they're staying there or going to a restaurant etc.

I think if this Epcot hotel becomes real it will be the same thing.

UpAllNight

This all seems very underwealming at the moment.

Much like the rumoured money being poured into DHS for what we’re actually ending up with (not questioning the park will be better but I kind of expected more)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Indeed, this is old news for this forum for anyone who followed this thread: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...suggest-new-projects-are-in-the-works.934942/

I know, quite boring.

But in it, @marni1971 dropped this pearl...

I'd imagine anything built in this area will be more fitting for the area as a whole and not a misplaced IP.

Especially if it were to become the parks entrance.

After which, much speculation ensued...

They'll need a resort design that would go well as a backdrop to the Epcot Sphere. Maybe something like this...

View attachment 238696

Ask for a Club Level room.

UpAllNight

Everytime I catch up on this thread, my interest for the refresh of Epcot (outside of Ratatouille which is the only new thing I'm excited about) goes further down the "meh" rabbit hole. What's happening at the Studios is actually more interesting to me, which is something I never thought I'd say

It started off as bold plans but it’s ending up a few refreshes, which should be standard practice and not news, and a few already announced rides. It still seems at this stage that it’s going to remain a very disjointed park. I wish they’d just pull their fingers out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom