News Exploratory geotechnical borings for new Epcot retention pond suggest new projects are in the works

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I find this whole idea of an EPCOT front entrance resort quite interesting. Lots of possibilities.

Based on the hints dropped so far I've come up with 3 options for the location of the new resort.
1) This option I personally find unlikely as the current bus terminals will have to be relocated. Also a resort built in this area would block the view of Epcot from the express monorail line as it approaches and some areas of support buildings for Seas and Land could be visible from certain guest rooms.
View attachment 238610
2) In this option, think about the Contemporary Resort. If a resort tower were to be placed directly in center front of Epcot, the current monorail lines would pass through it and the existing station would have to be incorporated into the resort somehow. Also this concept would also block views of SSE as the monorail is approaching head on. I find this unlikely unless they have something really slick up their sleeves.
View attachment 238611

3) This option places the resort to the side of the main entrance behind Energy. This also would require the least amount of work relocating infrastructure items as the other 2 previously mentioned options. Personally, I feel this location would be the best option of the 3 I've listed.
View attachment 238613

The blue is the boundary of the pond, that still leaves the area in red that could be developed.
upload_2017-10-17_17-28-38.png

Obobru

Love how loads of people think a hotel will be somehow themed to the old Epcot themes. It will most likely be a Frozen or Guardians of the Galaxy hotel looking at the way things are going.

jaxonp

Love how loads of people think a hotel will be somehow themed to the old Epcot themes. It will most likely be a Frozen or Guardians of the Galaxy hotel looking at the way things are going.

People stuck in the past. You don't have to like it but it's the new normal. The youngin's want it and they know it'll also bring a new customer base they haven't taped into... I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of Marvel crap shows up in the area... they are converting a hotel in Paris so why not...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If there were to be a GotG themed hotel, there's prime plot behind what will be the GotG ride. I'm sure that plot is being looked at for at least one of the 4 resort plan.

The yellow block is where they could put up on or more boutique resorts without hardly touching the infrastructure. They could make it much larger by moving infrastructure and taking over parking lots or the forest.

It's hard to guess where they'd put four resorts because they always have the option of moving roads, canals, and backstage buildings around.

upload_2017-10-17_23-21-1.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom