News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

RSoxNo1

Which bit them in their tails. The Pandora shop is packed. That had a queue installed just to line up to buy shoulder banshees. I think I saw online there's now a satellite cart at which you can buy banshees.
I really don't think it did. Other than the banshees, tails, ears and a handful of shirts they're not moving a ton of merchandise. One shop and one cart for the land is really all that was needed. I'm curious if they've sold more than 100 of the customized AVATARs since opening.

wdwgreek

I really don't think it did. Other than the banshees, tails, ears and a handful of shirts they're not moving a ton of merchandise. One shop and one cart for the land is really all that was needed. I'm curious if they've sold more than 100 of the customized AVATARs since opening.
I'd be curious what the merch numbers are too. In general some stores I look at and wonder how much of these can they possibly sell..

Clamman73

Does it exit "through" the gift shop though? Or "by" it? My memory may be wrong, but I believe on our first rope-drop experience on Flight of Passage we skipped the shop entirely in our rush to get to the river ride before things got too crazy. The exit ramp puts you right in front of the gift shop doors, but I thought you could turn right and bypass it- or am I remembering it incorrectly? It was a hectic morning.

That said, if you're a popcorn fan like I am, then be sure to look for the Navi blueberry almond popcorn at the gift shop- it tastes like BooBerry Cereal.
I had multiple rope drop FOP rides...one morning you could bypass the shop, one morning it was blocked. I wonder who makes the call to have that open or not.

Rob562

The Eiffel Tower is in a slightly different location in the concept art then where it is now.
Yeah, that's what had been throwing me. Now that the blueprints have helped me get past the problem I'd been having while wrapping my head around trying to make buildings in the artwork line up with existing buildings (and now realizing it was because everything in the artwork is a new build or new facades on buildings that don't have them), I'm now taking a second look at the Eiffel Tower in the artwork.

Currently, the tower is on top of the theater building, which is to the left side of the artwork. But the art shows it on the far side of the bakery building, in the space between the bakery and the new attraction building, roughly where the largest backstage building currently sits on that plot of land. My assumption is that they're replacing the current tower with a newly fabricated one that will have the proper scale for its new location.

-Rob

Timothy_Q

Yeah, that's what had been throwing me. Now that the blueprints have helped me get past the problem I'd been having while wrapping my head around trying to make buildings in the artwork line up with existing buildings (and now realizing it was because everything in the artwork is a new build or new facades on buildings that don't have them), I'm now taking a second look at the Eiffel Tower in the artwork.

Currently, the tower is on top of the theater building, which is to the left side of the artwork. But the art shows it on the far side of the bakery building, in the space between the bakery and the new attraction building, roughly where the largest backstage building currently sits on that plot of land. My assumption is that they're replacing the current tower with a newly fabricated one that will have the proper scale for its new location.

-Rob
That's because in the art the Eiffel Tower is behind the buildings, on the ground.

Like it theoretically is.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

-Rob

I believe @marni1971 has said that the change in the tower is just artistic license and it won't be moving.

trainplane3

As I understand it, the tower may change for a while - may - during construction of this or the Gondola line.
I was hoping they'd take the opportunity and do a new tower that isn't sitting on the roof of the building that you'll be behind now. I mean, the illusion worked since you never got super up close to it. Now that you'll be able to see it much closer, wouldn't that ruin the illusion? But then again...where else can they put it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was hoping they'd take the opportunity and do a new tower that isn't sitting on the roof of the building that you'll be behind now. I mean, the illusion worked since you never got super up close to it. Now that you'll be able to see it much closer, wouldn't that ruin the illusion? But then again...where else can they put it?
There’s every chance you won’t be able to just look up and see it once Rat is open.

Blueliner

Is it possible to incorporate an Eiffel Tower replica into/onto the last gondola tower before the International Gateway? I know there was talk of themed stations, so why not add one themed tower where it is most appropriate?

Last edited:

Rob562

This is my guess.

-Rob

Attachments

• sketch-1511903061506.png
    sketch-1511903061506.png
    718.2 KB · Views: 455

Flynnwriter

Um... value engineering! Maybe they should change their names to Valueneering. The walk behind the theater, hide the show building with trees, is a far cry from the gorgeous concept art which gave France a whole new courtyard. Why release art anymore? It has nothing to do with the final product.

Flynnwriter

What? The courtyard in the art was behind the theater.
The art showed a neighborhood to the left of what si the
Ahh, posting nonsense with nothing to back it up. You can tell Christmas break is nearing
DYlMx_s-200x150.gif
You have no idea what you’re talking about. I read plans and blueprints for a living. The original rendering and designs shows another neighborhood “street” scene with the entrance to the ride facing the lagoon. The current plans show a box show building that is not disguised behind a series of facades In a new street. The drawings show an entrance to the right of the perfume store, going through the small formal park, to the side of the buildings already there. That’s called value engineering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom