News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

MouseBrayden

Something I put together:
DPlQyQrU8AAyMCu.jpg:large

c-one

Clearly the pedestrian path designers never had to deal with lost guests in Roller Coaster Tycoon, but apart from that, I hadn't realized how close the gondola will come to this and it ought to be a pretty great view from folks using that to get to Epcot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok that makes sense! I was just guessing on those two. Is there going to be any other additional retail besides the street carts visible in the D23 art?

If they use the retail space that exists in the France Pavilion as an exit and/or entrance... they really won't need new retail space. They already sell Remy merch there.

Timothy_Q

Don't underestimate Disney's desire for additional retail.

That’s a common misconception.

The Disney of today isn’t retail-crazy like it used to be in the 90s.

Almost no new attractions exit through the gift store anymore. That’s an outdated model.

The current model is specialty food/drinks and themed dining that expand the story of a land/attraction.

ToTBellHop

That’s a common misconception.

The Disney of today isn’t retail-crazy like it used to be in the 90s.

Almost no new attractions exit through the gift store anymore. That’s an outdated model.

The current model is specialty food/drinks and themed dining that expand the story of a land/attraction.
Indeed. Major new attractions open with a very small amount of merch, if any. They built Pandora with relatively little retail.

ToTBellHop

While true, it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility. FoP does; for example. Also, we do know that Tron will route through one as well. I would also expect a ride on an "island onto itself" like GoTG to.

I'll just say it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Right... except one you exited their signature attraction through. ;)
Think back to how things were built circa 2001.

RSoxNo1

Indeed. Major new attractions open with a very small amount of merch, if any. They built Pandora with relatively little retail.
I think anticipated demand dictated that. Select Pandora merchandise is already in the outlets (no surprise). They've got a couple of desirable merch offerings there but a lot of stuff that nobody wants. I wouldn't expect much "new" with the exception of maybe new banshee varieties.

ToTBellHop

I'm not disagreeing with you. Things are certainly different- NFL being the biggest departure from that. I was just stating that I could easily see them routing Rat through a shop- and likely they will.

Also- there is zero doubt in my mind that having the Banshees and gift shop exit from FoP has helped with sales across the board. Simply because very few people gave a flip about Avatar merch. And we know how knee-jerk Disney is...
I will be curious to see about Rat only because there are bottlenecking concerns as it is with its placement. I'm sure they will sell cute Remy plush and t-shirts SOMEWHERE within eyesight of guests exiting the ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Which bit them in their tails. The Pandora shop is packed. That had a queue installed just to line up to buy shoulder banshees. I think I saw online there's now a satellite cart at which you can buy banshees.

sedati

FoP does; for example.

Does it exit "through" the gift shop though? Or "by" it? My memory may be wrong, but I believe on our first rope-drop experience on Flight of Passage we skipped the shop entirely in our rush to get to the river ride before things got too crazy. The exit ramp puts you right in front of the gift shop doors, but I thought you could turn right and bypass it- or am I remembering it incorrectly? It was a hectic morning.

That said, if you're a popcorn fan like I am, then be sure to look for the Navi blueberry almond popcorn at the gift shop- it tastes like BooBerry Cereal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom