News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

EricsBiscuit

Can someone orient me with what we're looking at here? Is everything pictured a new build on the plot between France and Morocco. I'm not placing any existing France landmarks on these plans but I'm also dumb.

Where is the attraction entrance in relation to the existing France Pavilion?
The big shaded square is the Rat ride. The entrance is facing the direction of the waterway. The concept art is from the waterway to the facade of the attraction. The attraction is on entirely new area. It for a change is not replacing anything.

RSoxNo1

In the art, the building on your left is the back side of the theater. The little building in the foreground is the left most square hatched area in the plan. Nothing in the existing pavilion is being removed or replaced. The rendering is looking from the upper left corner towards the lower right. The big empty sort of area (what you may be referring to as the peninsula, is the existing pavilion.
I'm sure I'm misunderstanding your explanation, but this makes 0 sense to me. I'm thinking if someone can post a link to the acutal SFWMD permit I can look at the full size PDF and get a better idea.

Perhaps a better question is the orientation of the corridor of people that leads to the attraction. What's really throwing me is the placement of the Eiffel Tower in the concept art. where it looks like the attraction is going right next to it.

FrancePavilion.jpg

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding your explanation, but this makes 0 sense to me. I'm thinking if someone can post a link to the acutal SFWMD permit I can look at the full size PDF and get a better idea.

Perhaps a better question is the orientation of the corridor of people that leads to the attraction.
You walk around the west side of the pavilion to get to the attraction.

This is roughly the attraction entrance. The drawings are oriented with north to the top just like the satellite imagery.
https://goo.gl/maps/nSGRLL37t662

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Perhaps a better question is the orientation of the corridor of people that leads to the attraction. What's really throwing me is the placement of the Eiffel Tower in the concept art. where it looks like the attraction is going right next to it.

View attachment 245400

The Eiffel Tower is in a slightly different location in the concept art then where it is now.

EricsBiscuit

View attachment 245400
Don't worry you'll understand in 2 1/2 years ;)

aladdin2007

what about the exit? do you go back and all the way around the pavilion again like the entrance, or will it exit it out next to france on that side between France and Morocco?

EricsBiscuit

Dump shop meaning its the shop where Guests are "dumped" into after the show, not that its a literal dump.
Ahhh that makes sense! Out here in Vegas it's 7:07 AM rn.

Edit: and there's no good Cuban coffee joints out here to compound my troubles. Anyways, thanks for the insight.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also, I believe that they will be making a second entrance to the courtyard through the back of the Impressions dump shop. More or less making the France Pavillion a giant circle.
That's becoming a bit of an issue. It'll either interfere with existing emergency egress / access or severely curtail the turning circle of the new service road.

RSoxNo1

Also, I believe that they will be making a second entrance to the courtyard through the back of the Impressions dump shop. More or less making the France Pavillion a giant circle.
That may be needed for throughput. IIRC, Kitchen Calamity has ~2000 guest per hour, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom