News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

clemmo

I’m very intrigued as to what the land update could hold. I can’t see much happening to soarin besides an update. Probably just a bigger refurb to LWTL and a new film in circle of life. As for innoventions (I really never got to experience it as communicore) is there a plan for an attraction there or is it mostly dining and shopping? Epcot already has the best food of the 4 parks so I really couldn’t care less for a new restaurant unless it’s really unique like the new one next to MS.

Haymarket2008

I’m very intrigued as to what the land update could hold. I can’t see much happening to soarin besides an update. Probably just a bigger refurb to LWTL and a new film in circle of life. As for innoventions (I really never got to experience it as communicore) is there a plan for an attraction there or is it mostly dining and shopping? Epcot already has the best food of the 4 parks so I really couldn’t care less for a new restaurant unless it’s really unique like the new one next to MS.

From what insiders have said in the past, there are no true "attractions" planned for the space. But I'd assume dining, shopping and themed experiences will be the emphasis.
And I don't think anyone, luckily, has said anything about an IP takeover for LWTL. But Circle of Life seems destined for an IP to continue in that space.

jmuboy

As of now, only Guardians and the Dining: Space are fully approved. Communicrossroads is practically greenlit, but in design purgatory. The only other pavillion that could have a change by 2021 (barring a last minute "IP-rovement" based on something kewl and fresh at Imagination or Seas) would be the Land. As for Spaceship, Seas, and Imagination, they will each get their reno in due time (pre-2030, post-2021, and in the order listed). Also, unless Guardians takes-off in more ways than are on the blueprints and price tag, Festival Center will live on.

Wow from 2017 to 2030. 13 years. Such an "aggressive" timeline. My only hope is that Disney doesn't overextend themselves getting everything done so quickly! (inset eye roll).

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
Wow from 2017 to 2030. 13 years. Such an "aggressive" timeline. My only hope is that Disney doesn't overextend themselves getting everything done so quickly! (inset eye roll).
Now that I think about it, this is just future world, we still have world showcase with Rat, UK attraction, and a new country. I also wonder if we'll see 2 countries in those 13 years.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Now that I think about it, this is just future world, we still have world showcase with Rat, UK attraction, and a new country. I also wonder if we'll see 2 countries in those 13 years.

From the tracker...

• June: Frozen Ever After
  • June: Soarin' Third Theater
  • August: Mission Space update
  • August: Universe of Energy closes for GotG ride
  • Space Restaurant opens
  • Spaceship Earth gets a regular refurb
  • late in year: Gran Fiesta closes for a Coco overhaul
  • WDW: 2nd/3rd Quarter: Skyline (gondola lift) opens
  • 3rd Quarter: Rat Ride
  • Coco overhaul opens at Mexico pavilion
  • Innoventions overhaul (most likely demo'd)
  • Illuminations next version
  • Spring: Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens
  • Spine renovation
  • Early Spring: some sort of UK Ride
  • Brazil pavilion opens, or 2022
  • 40th Anniversary
  • Maybe an Imagination renovation, or 2023
  • thee new national pavilions by then... maybe

Unknown Time
  • Living with the Land refurb
  • Circle of Life replacement
  • Spaceship Earth refurb
  • Seas refurb
  • Imagination refurb

MrHappy

@marni1971 , and other insiders please chime in, I read that Iger is retiring in spring 2019 and Chappy is the most likely candidate to replace him. Is Chappy viewed in any better light or provide a more promising future than Iger would have as CEO? If so, perhaps some of these delayed projects is a good thing until the new (/slightly newer) regime is running things???

EDIT: I see this similar topic is being covered here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/ceo-bob-chapek.936201/
Thanks Martin for your reply.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 , and other insiders please chime in, I read that Iger is retiring in spring 2019 and Chappy is the most likely candidate to replace him. Is Chappy viewed in any better light or provide a more promising future than Iger would have as CEO? If so, perhaps some of these delayed projects is a good thing until the new (/slightly newer) regime is running things???
All I can say for P&R is Chappy likes IP but he is also acting on the other Bobs orders.

Jones14

All I can say for P&R is Chappy likes IP but he is also acting on the other Bobs orders.
That’s at least an improvement over what we have now. For all of his issues, Chapek appears to be invested in the parks as more than just a money-making machine. Hopefully he’ll be less focused on maximizing IP integration at all costs than his predecessor when he’s at the reigns.

aladdin2007

We can live in hope ;)

Potential expansion, mild retheme and overlay.

It really does need it, the exhibit spaces are just barren and sad anymore and has lost all of its luster. I was in there today thinking have they given up in here or what. Its really just giant running around spaces for what seemed like hundreds of toddlers. Certainly not the seas I grew up in.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It really does not need it, the exhibit spaces are just barren and sad anymore and has lost all of its luster. I was in there today thinking have they given up in here or what. Its really just giant running around spaces for what seemed like hundreds of toddlers. Certainly not the seas I grew up in.
A refresh would help fix that.

Though let me add there’s a few proposals for the pavilion. Anything substantial is still an aspiration.

Last edited:

zengoth

It really does not need it, the exhibit spaces are just barren and sad anymore and has lost all of its luster. I was in there today thinking have they given up in here or what. Its really just giant running around spaces for what seemed like hundreds of toddlers. Certainly not the seas I grew up in.
The chance to meet Nemo in person definitely fills the place with toddlers - the pavillion's essentially become a meet-and-greet. As an aquarium enthusiast, I always find myself horrified by the schools of screaming 4 year olds running up and slapping the side of any tank with a clownfish, screaming Nemo at the top of their lungs. (I'm sure their parents are happy, however, thinking their kid is connecting with nature.) Masses of tiny fingerprints all over the fishtanks, on the other hand... I can't even...

Cmdr_Crimson

So...That "other" site is throwing a rumor out there that Future World would have a Hotel built either by The Land/Seas area or directly above the Main gate entrance ala DLP. While not blocking the view of SSE there would be two larger towers on either end to keep it in view to guests and utilize the monorail system as a resort line.....Seriously go look it up it's on that site..

My Reaction to it when I read it...
giphy.webp

FigmentFan3

So...That "other" site is throwing a rumor out there that Future World would have a Hotel built either by The Land/Seas area or directly above the Main gate entrance ala DLP. While not blocking the view of SSE there would be two larger towers on either end to keep it in view to guests and utilize the monorail system as a resort line.....Seriously go look it up it's on that site..
Saw that too. Do they just pick a location and a service and see if people believe it? What’s next? STOLport runway dessert party?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom