Disney will start its own streaming service

Bartledvd

My house hold are big fans of the uk version of this Disney life they made it even better when they added disney channels to the app this year so between this and a netflix sub got plenty to watch and all our nieces and nephews love coming round to watch aswell

peterpanic74

Movies Anywhere is unrelated to the streaming service which won't launch until 2019. This is Disney Movies Anywhere but for all studios

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Movies Anywhere is unrelated to the streaming service which won't launch until 2019. This is Disney Movies Anywhere but for all studios
And it's FANTASTIC. Nobody is talking about the biggest victory in this whole thing, which is Star Wars. LucasFilm doesn't own the digital distribution rights for Episode IV: A New Hope, 20th Century Fox does. That means the Star Wars digital collection has been relatively useless, as Episodes I, II, III, V, VI, and VII (plus Rogue One) were available on Disney Movies Anywhere but you couldn't get IV through the same service. Now it's all in one place.

brb1006

Recently a Disney animated series starring The Three Caballeros just premiered in the Philippines on the DisneyLife app. Apparently it's suppose to debut in the US sometime in mid 2019. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney mentioned this being part of the service.
tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo1_640.jpg

tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo7_500.jpg

Last edited:

erasure fan1

im mega excited for this service. I'm sold on Marvel and Star Wars but new muppets, 3 Caberlleros etc but make it better and better
Part of me is excited for this for the same reasons as you. The other part is worried that if its successful, all the networks are going to try it and make one big crazy mess.

brb1006

After the recent news of Disney creating a new sub-brand called "Disney Animals" which will focus on various Disney Animals such as Lady and The Tramp, 101 Dalmations, The Aristocats, etc and set to debut in 2019. I'm having a feeling Disney is on to something. They might possibly create sections dedicated to each Disney franchise and put the original movies and animated to that section. While keeping Star Wars related stuff to the Star Wars section and Disney Princess related stuff to that section. I'm just speculating until Disney reveals more news in the future.

erasure fan1

Disney play? You mean Disney pay!

I wonder how they will handle new shows. Will it drop all at once or an episode a week. I can't see them dropping the star wars all at once because too many people will watch then cancel I think. That is my plan right now as I just don't see them having enough of the content I want. So I'll check out star wars and cancel if the content isn't there.

Sped2424

I'm ready for this to drop, monsters inc show, star wars live action, and a Muppets reboot. And that's just the first year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom